• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May "17th listener roundtable"

David: Thank you oh so very much for planting in my mind the horrific image of Strieber kissing Paola Harris' behind.

I may never eat again.

Yeah....I will be having a few dreams about that one (and not wet ones).

Still reckon David getting "hard over Lear" aka Don Ecker has given me the shits and giggles for a few months. Simple things for simple minds.

An interesting episode, in some ways a brave episode for both the presenters and the guests. Commenting openly (and publicly) about one's experiences can be a relief and a burden. Relief to openly discuss one's own experiences and "to get it off one's chest" so to speak. The burden (or fear) is of opening one's self for criticism or ridicule (subject to not caring or already being "questioned" already and developing a thick skin).

I haven't finished listening to the episode but am finding it interesting from a psychological viewpoint (as well as informative).

The wooded experiences that were mentioned are of interest to me because I have had similar visuals show up in two different lucid dreams like experiences.

Dear Ally,
Lucid dreams can be very powerful and it seems to me that some are OBE. Recently I have again begun to experience some so-called sleep paralysis events. Over years past I have had many sleep paralysis events, some of which were associated with beings and some of which were terrifying. The wooded experience I described on the show was in real time shared with 2 or 3 other kids. The wooded area still exists and I am tempted to revisit it.
Best,
Fahrusha

Awesome show everyone. I really enjoyed it, and was totally engaged the entire 2hrs. Really cool show.

So skunkape, youre one strange motherfucka huh?:D In a good way. Judging from your stories, I put you in the same category as David and Jeff Ritzmann. You seem to have some internal setting like an old radio tuner stuck halfway between frequencies. You pick up the frequency of this reality but occasionally pick up the 6oclock news on the very next FM station on the dial.

I wanna hear those news stories dammit!

Anyway something you guys talked about a bit at the beginning, and something I have heard before is this notion that some people just dont care enough, or their interest level isnt high enough to care when you tell them a UFO story. I wanna if is truly the case, or if its just something you say?

I honestly cannot imagine not caring if someone started telling me about a UFO sighting they had. I sort of cant accept the idea that some people just wouldnt be interested.

But this is something you guys have experienced huh?

Hey guys, great show (yet again ). To the forum guests who are a bit unsure of how they came across, don't worry, you sounded great.
All the Best,
Mullpig

Farhrusha,
I do realize that dreams vs "real life" are quite different. I wasn't sure even if I should mention this at all. You and skunkape both brought up wooded buildings and areas in real life that were quite scary. I usually only write down dreams or I will call some of these experiences that happen at night if they seem significant. I was just wondering if I was remembering something that showed up in a dream like expereince that is common to other experiencers like seeing the images of greys. My "dreams" may mean nothing at all related to what you guys experienced too.

I still think Streiber probably had some genuine experiences but I have not really been paying attention to him lately. I did listen to one show not too long ago and I agree he likes to set the stage so to speak. I saw the add for this conference too, I think that is what David was talking about ,and the add really turned me off.

skunkape,
I remember watching Close Encounter's on the big screen with my family when it came out.This was way before I consciously knew that I had a connection to this subject. When the little boy ran after the space ship my mother looks at me and said he reminds me of you.

I'm about 3/4rs of the way through, very enjoyable. I just wanted to comment on something farhusha said, namely the idea of earth as an oasis particularily due to the presence of water: I don't buy it. Europa (?) is one of Jupiter's moons and it's mostly water (well, ice). I once read that the asteroid belt is estimated to contain 10x as much water as Earth's oceans. There's water on the moon. More importantly, hydrogen, the principle component of water is the most common substance in the universe so sythesysizing water probably isn't hard.

I tend to think that once you've licked the lightspeed riddle, everything else is child's play.

just finished listening and it was great, very enjoyable.
you should definitely do this again. it felt like there were more things to discuss.

Dear Ally,
It does seem that many people do have UFO experiences in "the woods". My friend Davey had a classic Travis Walton type experience in the woods.
I didn't mean at all to imply you didn't realize the difference between dreams and real life experience. When a person goes out of body, the difference can blur.
I wish I'd written down more of my dreams.
Thanks,
Fahrusha

Farhrusha,
I do realize that dreams vs "real life" are quite different. I wasn't sure even if I should mention this at all. You and skunkape both brought up wooded buildings and areas in real life that were quite scary. I usually only write down dreams or I will call some of these experiences that happen at night if they seem significant. I was just wondering if I was remembering something that showed up in a dream like expereince that is common to other experiencers like seeing the images of greys. My "dreams" may mean nothing at all related to what you guys experienced too.

I still think Streiber probably had some genuine experiences but I have not really been paying attention to him lately. I did listen to one show not too long ago and I agree he likes to set the stage so to speak. I saw the add for this conference too, I think that is what David was talking about ,and the add really turned me off.

The water oasis idea was something I'd heard as a possibility from a MUFON member and I toyed with the idea. I am not sold on it, it's only a possibility. It could be some other resource or nothing like that at all.
Fahrusha:question:

Really liked the show with a mix of personalities and thoughts on the whole subject.
Thanks very much. We really enjoyed it way here Down Under. Cheers.;)

I'm listening to the show mesmerized.

I'm a fellow Texas who has had a few experiences and the subject matter here is striking me as relevant and familiar. I believe Brandon just described a sighting he had driving with his girlfriend in Houston, and I had a similar experience driving in Dallas recently that also included a witness.

I thought that was skunkape. Was it Brandon? David was calling him "John."

I thought that was skunkape. Was it Brandon? David was calling him "John."

We might have both seen something in Houston, but I think he's referring to my sighting. I lived in Houston at the time of the sighting I mentioned in the podcast (and still do), and my girlfriend & I were on the way to PF Changs.

As I always do, I need to give the show a few listens to fully appreciate everything discussed. But on a first listen you folks all acquitted yourselves very well and as a fellow listener, I appreciated you taking the time and stage-fright and discussing your experiences and ideas.

Well done!
--Shawn

I meant the sighting on Texas 35 near Danbury. I'm from that area and I've always thought that part of 35 was spooky. I live in Houston now but grew up in Lake Jackson. There is an old ghost legend in the area, about an early settler named Brit Bailey who wanders the area. More to the point, there was a Blue Book unknown on September 3, 1965 (same date as the better-known Exeter sighting) when two Brazoria County Sheriff's officers chased a large dark object which had a "blue" and a "purple" light. One of them had a small injury to his arm which healed very quickly after exposure to this light. They chased it for several minutes in their patrol car at speeds of over 100 mph on the small country roads in this area. This was in the Damon area, a few miles west of Danbury. A few miles farther south, on August 13, 1959, there was an EM effects case when a carful of women driving on Texas 36 between Freeport and Jones Creek had a bright object pass over their car, which killed the engine. When they were able to restart, they contacted the Brazoria County Sheriff's Department, and responding officers saw a glow in dense woods nearby but were unable to investigate because the underbrush was so thick.

I just got a chance to listen to the whole show. Damn, if I don't stutter like Mel Tillis riding a rusty tractor when I'm trying to think and speak at the same time. I need a teleprompter.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I just got a chance to listen to the whole show. Damn, if I don't stutter like Mel Tillis riding a rusty tractor when I'm trying to think and speak at the same time. I need a teleprompter.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Honestly man, did not notice a single instance of you stuttering.

BTW, I meant to ask you, the sighting of a cigar shaped something where everyone was ignoring it.... You say if you really put your girlfriend on the spot she admits she saw it.

What if you asked her what it looked like? Or asked her what she thought about it? Does she just clam up and refuse to answer?

I must say I am extremely gratified at the response to this show. I was REALLY worried about it and was kind of cringing waiting for the first blow to land. Whew! When David first asked me I thought they wanted to do a listener roundtable in the sense of 'What do you think of the Paracast and how can we improve it?' I was racking my brains trying to figure out how you could actually improve it. It was WAY late in the game when I finally figured out they meant a listener roundtable AS A SHOW!!!! I won't tell you how late I finally realized what was going on except to say my thoughts were, "Holy shit; I'm f'd! David might actually as me a question! Oh, NO!!!" Thank God for those other guys who could carry me through. And thanks to you guys, too.
--Michael

Back