• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May "17th listener roundtable"

This does indeed sound like a fun one, and would probably make a good concept for an ongoing series, maybe once every so many episodes. I would LOVE to be able to hear and "get to know" more of the forum folk beyond just ideas / info in text form.

I feel bad for whoever had to edit it.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

It was kinda weird. I had never used Skype before and fear I messed up way too often. It's difficult to figure out when you can talk and when you should listen, but our hosts did a good job of making sure everyone had a chance. I admit to a bit of stage fright. I hope the listeners forgive me for my fumbles.

It was kinda weird. I had never used Skype before and fear I messed up way too often. It's difficult to figure out when you can talk and when you should listen, but our hosts did a good job of making sure everyone had a chance. I admit to a bit of stage fright. I hope the listeners forgive me for my fumbles.
I thought you sounded like much less of a fuckwit than I did. I felt like I was, unintentionally, a little rude a time or two. I was stepping out of the office whenever I spoke to avoid feeding back, and then stepping back in to hear the rest of you, with my hand cupped over the mic. It was a little awkward. I need to invest in some headphones.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Until then, here's a couple of tantalizing illustrations.

Attachments

• cigar.jpg
    cigar.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 4
  • old baldy.JPG
    old baldy.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 156

I hear ya there Schuyler, it's hard NOT to be a little nervous, I've done lots of Radio interviews in different bands over the years, played some big shows, and I was still a little nervous when I did the show with Jeff and Jeremy. Not sure why.

Schuyler I didnt realise you had had paranormal experiences. Have you posted threads in the user experience forum that I missed?

Schuyler I didnt realise you had had paranormal experiences. Have you posted threads in the user experience forum that I missed?

Nothing really significant. I did post what little I have. One clearly pre-cognitive dream of being stopped by the cops and an accident in my youth I should not have survived. My mother was much more sensitive than I and I talk about that a bit. Compared to lots of pople posting here my experiences are definitely in the small potatoes realm.

I hear ya there Schuyler, it's hard NOT to be a little nervous, I've done lots of Radio interviews in different bands over the years, played some big shows, and I was still a little nervous when I did the show with Jeff and Jeremy. Not sure why.

maybe because we all sort of "know" you? and will be visiting the forums alongside you after the episode is posted?

don't worry, none of us are perfect, either. :D

I'm listening to the show mesmerized.

I'm a fellow Texas who has had a few experiences and the subject matter here is striking me as relevant and familiar. I believe Brandon just described a sighting he had driving with his girlfriend in Houston, and I had a similar experience driving in Dallas recently that also included a witness.

I also believe, based on what I've experienced firsthand, that these 'objects' are indeed manipulating matter/time/space in some way which frees them from the very real physicality that we experience.

Looking forward to the rest of the show!

Good show all of you.
The wooded experiences that were mentioned are of interest to me because I have had similar visuals show up in two different lucid dreams like experiences.

I found one of the dreams where a small wooded house or a big box manifests near my bed. Although I feel awake I am sure this would fall into either a lucid dream or the state where the "alien abductions" occur.This experience was written in an old journal back in 1993 that I am not comfortable posting the entire experience.

The other wooded lucid dream like experience was from the 1990's too but I haven't found it because I haven't read every entry yet. I don't know if this is a common visual (wooded buildings) for experiencers. Other than my own "dream" entries and the old German house thread I haven't heard or read too many people reporting this until this Paracast episode.

edit
I just found the other dream and it involved an island and a wooden deck and I have to say I have some really messed up dreams and experiences back in the 1990's too, even more so than now, at least on the dream level.

On the subject of people not being able to see ships: http://www.forteantimes.com/strangedays/science/20/questioning_perceptual_blindness.html

Still, the analogy isn't that good anyway: in the majority of cases people in the New World had no trouble grasping that their visitors were men like themselves, and their technology was not the subject of as much superstitious awe as is commonly assumed (which is why the Inca for instance learned very quickly from the Spaniards and might well have been successful if they hadn't been decimated by plague and civil war).

Something truly out of this world however might be profoundly disturbing for many people. If it calls into question their sense that the world is sane and comprehensible it might be just a teensy bit disorientating.

Another possibility is that the images are planted directly in the brain, and most people might perceive them imperfectly.

David: Thank you oh so very much for planting in my mind the horrific image of Strieber kissing Paola Harris' behind.

I may never eat again.

Back