• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 10, 2015 — Red Pill Junkie with Richard Dolan

I agree with Constance, my experience is that its people in groups or factions that are the issue, most people just want to live in peace and security.

I didn't say work alone in the dark. I said stay away from seeking media exposure -- and then I followed it up by saying have others be involved in the due diligence phase. Where did I say work alone in the dark?

As long as opening it up to the world doesn't crowd the investigative field, no problem. And let's admit it. Some people are idiots and you really don't want to have wade through their useless input. If you 'open it up', still be somewhat selective. But my point is that not looking at your investigation as a means to be part of the "show" will, in my experience and opinion, allow you to get closer to more facts/truth for a better analysis. In other words, don't make making a media splash any part of the goal, as is done too often. :)
Sorry, Walter, I was interpreting media black out as an alignment with what the Dew Slide Team proponents constructed which was to hide all their research and information from all media communications outside of the believer teasers they kept promoting. I was thinking specifically about the open source model alternative which is to not restrict information in any way, in the way the RSRG were able to put together the Slides are from Roswell jigsaw puzzle to reveal a deeper truth very quickly. The Dew Slide Team was actually operating from an idiotic, restrictive perspective, like a strange conspiracy team, as some of the members now claim that they never actually had the real goods that they were collectively promoting as world altering. That model needs to be wiped out so it stops causing all the harm it does and did.

And while yes, the masses can cause issues when they come together with their conflicting views, take a look at this very thread. How many voices are still promoting a Roswellian Slide Proof, or how legit these pro-slide folks are? Which voices are in agreement when it comes to the reality of what's in the slide and what the outcomes & consequences are? When groups come together with a common goal, and they do so out of absolute respect of each other's differing views but shared goals, good things can happen.

I'm not arguing that the majority should displace a minority viewpoint here either. If the end goal is a non-judgmental approach to finding the truth then those who are in agreement with such a goal come together through a very reasonable process and very strong outcomes can result. When you look at who comprises that collection of those 20 or so odd UFO dissidents, cataloguers, hardcore skeptics and hardcore investigators then ideas rise to the surface because of their merit and not because a belief system insists what the end goal should look like first.

So I understand what you mean by a private media blackout, but it seems to me that there is a better model that even supersedes that approach in light of real time digital checks and balances. What's exposed in conversations amongst the collective is the nature of their motives and their beliefs, and that's important. Some may spin and slant but that's equally evident.

I think it's important to keep in mind that Carey and Schmitt were forced to keep their ongoing research private because of the NDAs that Dew required them to sign in order to have access to the slides at all.

My point is that anyone who wanted to investigate the slides would have been bound by the same conditions. So the options for Carey and Schmitt were loss of the opportunity to investigate the slides or investigation under the conditions required by the slides' owners. One constructive agreement that could be struck among all active ufo researchers would be to decline to work under such restrictions in the future.

Does anyone know how many people streamed the bewitness event please? I have not been able to find an online report yet, but I heard 1.5 million people possibly.

My point is that anyone who wanted to investigate the slides would have been bound by the same conditions. So the options for Carey and Schmitt were loss of the opportunity to investigate the slides or investigation under the conditions required by the slides' owners. One constructive agreement that could be struck among all active ufo researchers would be to decline to work under such restrictions in the future.
You're right, they should have simply declined themselves to be involved given the provisions. They could have saved themselves and others a good deal of confusion if they had made that their measure.

Some get tempted in Ufology to play a role on stage, like Greer, Meier, Romanek and Maussan - they just need to be in the limelight and that's always problematic. Any case that plans its debut in a circus or in one of the best performance auditoriums of the world and doesn't have a kickass band playing, or at least has Philip Glass (not Klass) playing his abduction overture 1000 Airplanes on the Roof, is simply not something that should have been invested with any merit in the first place.

I believe that signing an NDA does not mean that you have to do anything other than, not talk about it, my understanding is that they were not obligated to participate in the final presentation, that was there decision.

I believe that signing an NDA does not mean that you have to do anything other than, not talk about it, my understanding is that they were not obligated to participate in the final presentation, that was there decision.

I think that's likely -- nondisclosure during the process of the research without further obligations stipulated. But we can't know that without seeing the NDAs, and we're not likely to see them. My impression is that Mausson only came into it during the last year, when the questions of how and where to present the findings of the research were raised.

Speaking of NDA's are those still binding for the Skinwalker Ranch investigations?
Seems like some of the related Bigelow secrecy in MUFON dealings also produced toxic results.

Edited to add this video I just discovered. Tom Carey on what the Roswell Slides evidence shows.

Last edited:
Speaking of NDA's are those still binding for the Skinwalker Ranch investigations?
Seems like some of the related Bigelow secrecy in MUFON dealings also produced toxic results.

Edited to add this video I just discovered. Tom Carey on what the Roswell Slides evidence shows.

So a chill went down Tom Carey's spine after seeing a hi-res image of the slides. That chill should have told him to run a mile, but instead he somehow came to the conclusion that what he was looking at was an extraterrestrial being of some kind....

I have to differ with this view. Humans are, individually, not all 'so rotten and terrible'. Many humans aren't. I think that most humans aren't.

An even more important question than the questions ufology asks is the question why humans are capable of such extreme diversity in their attitudes and behaviors. Science, philosophy, social science, and psychology still work upon this question and have made only very partial progress in answering it so far.

Uh, I was being sarcastic. :)

Sorry, Walter, I was interpreting media black out as an alignment with what the Dew Slide Team proponents constructed which was to hide all their research and information from all media communications outside of the believer teasers they kept promoting. I was thinking specifically about the open source model alternative which is to not restrict information in any way, in the way the RSRG were able to put together the Slides are from Roswell jigsaw puzzle to reveal a deeper truth very quickly. The Dew Slide Team was actually operating from an idiotic, restrictive perspective, like a strange conspiracy team, as some of the members now claim that they never actually had the real goods that they were collectively promoting as world altering. That model needs to be wiped out so it stops causing all the harm it does and did.

And while yes, the masses can cause issues when they come together with their conflicting views, take a look at this very thread. How many voices are still promoting a Roswellian Slide Proof, or how legit these pro-slide folks are? Which voices are in agreement when it comes to the reality of what's in the slide and what the outcomes & consequences are? When groups come together with a common goal, and they do so out of absolute respect of each other's differing views but shared goals, good things can happen.

I'm not arguing that the majority should displace a minority viewpoint here either. If the end goal is a non-judgmental approach to finding the truth then those who are in agreement with such a goal come together through a very reasonable process and very strong outcomes can result. When you look at who comprises that collection of those 20 or so odd UFO dissidents, cataloguers, hardcore skeptics and hardcore investigators then ideas rise to the surface because of their merit and not because a belief system insists what the end goal should look like first.

So I understand what you mean by a private media blackout, but it seems to me that there is a better model that even supersedes that approach in light of real time digital checks and balances. What's exposed in conversations amongst the collective is the nature of their motives and their beliefs, and that's important. Some may spin and slant but that's equally evident.

I think I get the point in all that. I see your logic. I just think the practical middle ground between what those bozos did and what you suggest is probably going to be the most effective model. What mean is work with your select team and when the investigative part is done, then turn it over to more eyes. Opening it up from the beginning isn't practical, but opening it up after you've finished collecting and provided your own analysis would have some useful application.

It astounds me that Carey said he had anthropological background and was convinced this wasn't a human mummy. I don't have such a background and when I saw the leaked photos before the event I thought it looked like possibly a human (Obviously many people did). Was everyone in this inner circle so "Zoned in" on the date of the slides being 1947 that they were mesmerized about the big breakthrough and not the fact that it didn't look all that alien? And of course going back to one of my original questions - How did they get these so called "experts" to testify the way they wanted them to? Find incompetent experts or seek out experts willing to say anything for a payday? To me answering that question could go a long way in determining if this was a hoax or just a collection of clowns. Or even a good mixture of both perhaps?

^ I guess that's the big question. Were the experts involved (who supposedly had impressive sounding credentials) just suffering from major confirmation bias? And how many other experts did they have to consult to find the ones who had the right story?

barneyhill900.jpg

Back