• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 10, 2015 — Red Pill Junkie with Richard Dolan

But at least you don't see him making any proclamations following that or renting out performance centres to preach the Gospel of Skinwalker that is going to change the world.
True dat. Still, I wish Bigelow was more forthcoming and open about whatever kind of data they've been able to gather in that place.

True dat. Still, I wish Bigelow was more forthcoming and open about whatever kind of data they've been able to gather in that place.
I say skip that part and just come out with one of those really cool, old school Skinwalker themed pinball machines circa 1981 and have quotes from Art Bell urging you on during multi-ball play to hit the dogfaced man before he lights up his smoke, and Jaques Vallée yelling at you to watch out for monsters falling through the portal. I can hear him now in his French accent saying calmly, "You better stay away from that portal," and, "Watch out! You could get decapitated."

Apologies, I'm only ONLY on page 8 of this, and am not a plus member, but want to comment nonetheless right now, and then read the rest of this thread. If I'm not supposed to comment in a plus thread, my apologies, I didn't know.

First: it's all about the money. We need to know the basics here of what admission charges really were to the Maussan event live and on the internet, and for that matter to the Mesa Verde Nat'l Park Interpretive Center "back in the day," for comparison shopping. We DO know Nick Redfern (a most inaccurate and uncareful researcher but by all accounts an honest man who probably personally remembered seeing "alien" mummies at the Million Dollar Museum in White's City, New Mexico "back in the day") said SOMEONE was trying to SELL the supposed alien slides and contacted HIM to do so. So we know the owner, or the alleged owner, wanted the pay day. We also know Maussan, whether he did or did not pull it off profitably, actually provided the format that was the potential and perhaps the exclusive pay-day model for said two slides. We need to know what sort of EXTRA Dick Dolan got beyond airfare and hotel, as well. We also need to know what the NASA Apollo mission astronaut was paid to appear via skype. We are, after all, dealing here with at least ONE (Dick Dolan) Citizens' Hearings on Disclosure promoter (Steven Greer was too dangerous to invite to Mexico City at this time), and we KNOW said Hearings paid congresspeople to appear as themselves for the dramatic spectacle. FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL in the words of Irving Stone's fictional Deepthroat, et, Cui bono?!?

Second: I'd like to propose not throwing the BABY out with the BATHWATER. In the interest of full disclosure, and so that Richard Doh!lan and Jaime Maussan may make some more money, I propose that ALL OF THE SLIDES must be released (for the paultry sum of USD $5.00 for download, or $20.00 for hardcopy) so that the PUBLIC may DECIDE for ITSELF whether Mrs. and Mr. Eisenhower are really giving tours of ET on the side to supplement the husband's US Army stipend, and so we can all enjoy a good old fashioned slide-show the likes of which we haven't seen for decades. I think Maussan, Doh!lan and Dew could also make a little extra by selling old fashioned slide projectors along with the offer for a slight extra fee.

Third: we called them Pueblo Indians above, out of some sort of misguided sense of political correctness perhaps, just as we think Native American is somehow more acceptable in Indian Country but actually is not, but the Mesa Verde folks are what we used to call Anasazi, a mysterious people who disappeared before Columbus and who haunted the pages of the SF digests and OMNI magazine and so on and so forth (did they appear on In Search Of even? not sure), a MYSTERY PEOPLE never completely identified but beloved of paranormalists in decades gone by.

Fourth: there is no legal recourse for refunds, there is no remedy because the entire thing was clearly ENTERTAINMENT from start to finish. The bearded lady didn't appear real, but she did appear, case closed.

Fifth: we can't REALLY test out our deblurs until Dew releases other real images of the second slide. At least that's what I understand. Anything sent Kimball and co. anonymously (hacked from the Dream Team or otherwise) is suspect, it's easy to insert such stuff into image files for later "discovery." The good news is that you won't need smart deblur by Russian programmer to deblur it, simple gamma and contrast enhancements in IrfanView (along with the SHARPEN function) or that program the Paracast advertises constantly should do just fine for teasing out the actual letters.

I propose throwing Baby Huey out with the Bath Water... What type of Gamma Radiation Kool Aid have you been drinking? You propose (for the paultry sum of USD $5.00 for download, or $20.00 for hardcopy) that people download a copy of a VACATION SLIDE? You want to allow these scammers the opportunity to commit further fraud???? You Propose that no money was made on this poor excuse of a debacle of Fraud for Financial Gain? You are also wrong that there is no legal recourse for refunds. These asses should be sued and turned into the Feds. They promised Proof of the Roswell Alien! They delivered two 40 year old slides of a MUMMY! I don't know who you are, but you are obviously one of the participants in this scam, praying you don't get served and sucked into a 6 year long Law Suit or conviction by the Federal Government. These people need to be punished and the fact that they offer no refunds to anyone proves it. You are a DISGRACE, STORGE!

racehobbsabduction900.jpg

Last edited:
Richard Doble's evaluation was priceless, I'm curious if at that time anybody coughed out "bulls****" even in Spanish. I would have been happy to learn had i been there.

Thank you RPJ for your dedication and curiosity even if it means taking it on the chin for us on occastion...like this one... we appreciate your sacrifice.

Last edited:
We DO know Nick Redfern (a most inaccurate and uncareful researcher but by all accounts an honest man who probably personally remembered seeing "alien" mummies at the Million Dollar Museum in White's City, New Mexico "back in the day") said SOMEONE was trying to SELL the supposed alien slides and contacted HIM to do so.

That's a significant fact that I'd forgotten. As I recall, what Redfern reported was that someone had called him (at some point in the last few years, but when?), described the slides, and asked how much money someone might pay to purchase them. I don't remember whether he asked Redfern whether he would buy them, or asked for the names of other people who might.

That's a significant fact that I'd forgotten. As I recall, what Redfern reported was that someone had called him (at some point in the last few years, but when?), described the slides, and asked how much money someone might pay to purchase them. I don't remember whether he asked Redfern whether he would buy them, or asked for the names of other people who might.
That's all fully documented on the Radio Misterioso episode that Redfern was last on. He goes into depth about these features and the supposed complaints by other investigators of having their system hacked.

Last edited:

Really an excellent job of reporting the May 5th event and that which led up to and followed it!!! Thank you for your work.

I would like to quote a passage from your accurate representation of the position Richard Dolan took at, and briefly after, the May 5th event because it (and he) have been so widely misquoted and misrepresented:

"As stated earlier, Maussan hadn't asked Richard --of whom I've always had the highest regard-- to validate the authenticity of the slides; however, his mere presence alone on that stage could be interpreted (or misinterpreted) as a de-facto endorsement. Perhaps Dolan was aware of that, since he started his speech by saying how it took him a while to decide whether to accept Maussan's invitation or not --he finally accepted after talking at length with Schmitt and Carey. Unlike the slides promoters however, he was the only one that night who stated having issues with linking them to the Roswell event; he was also the only one to mention how there were limitations to the 'evidence' presented --this was not the 'home run' the Disclosure advocates were waiting for-- and that questions remained concerning the 'chain of custody'; however, it was his opinion that the slides were compelling enough, and that they would prove to be "difficult to debunk." Later that night he would use the same phrase when interviewed by George Noory on Coast to Coast A.M.

Dolan then went on by suggesting how a possible authentication of the slides by independent investigators, could have a "ripple effect" to help erode the wall of secrecy surrounding the UFO phenomenon, imposed by the highest echelons of power. He pointed out how this cover-up has not only denied citizens of their right to know the truth, but has also harmed our society in many other ways. . . ."

Your understanding of Dolan's motivation in attending the May 5th event is refreshing and important. He had clearly hoped that the event (and his decision to attend it) would revitalize public interest in ufo research. His most recent books -- A.D., After Disclosure and UFOs for the 20th Century Mind -- have evidently not been read by many people who participate in internet discussions concerning ufos, and thus we've seen many people who should know better assuming -- and propagating -- misunderstandings and misrepresentations of Dolan's intentions and personal investment of his energies in his own published work and in the works of other researchers whom he publishes through his press. I appreciate your sharing your insight, RPJ. I hope it helps to stem the tide of uninformed overreactions to Dolan's appearance in Mexico City that has taken place since May 5.

Perhaps you missed Dolan's closing statements all together? I suggest you go watch them. He said what it wasn't and couldn't be and that included a Mummy, he basically said it had to be an alien by claiming it couldn't be anything else.

All you are posting is his back peddling and excuses. Is there any apology anywhere from Dolan? Any return of his monetary benefit? Even a call for the entire event to be refunded? Has Dolan given anything other than air power to any verification of what he was paid or his true motivations?

Since there is and has not been any apology I have seen, nor call for refunds from Dolan your post is utter nonsense and is composed of so sad too bads ooops but not even an apology to the thousands decieved. He did what he did and thousands that trusted him got BURNED!!!!

Being that he is confident and happy with his actions, I call your post a bunch of utter attempts at Dolan saving face garbage. It doesn't matter that he was building an escape path to back peddle upon after the Fraud which you seem to cite so confidently for his defense, he still did the crime.

He suckered and assisted in what I personally view as the (stealing by means of deception of at least a half million dollars from the public by a years long Pre-Planned Hoax). You want to Defend that? Then you have a severe moral deficiency!

There are no uninformed over reactions from the Public only deserved outrage. Dolan is only making excuses and blaming anyone but himself while trying to keep whatever he pocketed financially and hoping he can do so and keep his reputation, which I would say as far as his reputation is completely vanquished. I have NO INTEREST in ever speaking to him again or having anything more to do with him other than giving him what he deserves. He deserves public outcry, humiliation and everything and more that's being served upon him.

Last edited:
Perhaps you missed Dolan's closing statements all together? I suggest you go watch them. He said what it wasn't and couldn't be and that including a Mummy, he basically said it had to be an alien by claiming it couldn't be anything else. All you are posting is his back peddling and excuses. Is there any apology anywhere from Dolan? Any return of his monetary benefit? Even a call for the entire event to be refunded? Has Dolan given anything other than air power to any verification of what he was paid or his true motivations? Since there is and has not been any of the former your post is utter nonsense and is composed of so sad too bads. He did what he did and thousands that trusted him got BURNED!!!! Being that he is confident with his actions, I call your post a bunch of utter attempts at Dolan saving face garbage. It doesn't matter that he was building an escape path to back peddle upon after the Fraud which you seem to cite so confidently for his defense, he still did the crime. He suckered and assisted in the (stealing by means of deception of at least a half million dollars from the public). You want to Defend that? Then you have a severe moral deficiency! There are no uninformed over reactions, only Dolan making excuses and blaming anyone but himself while trying to keep whatever he pocketed and his reputation, which I would say is vanquished.

I did listen to it. I also listened to his interview on Coast to Coast which was recorded later that night, and of course I also listened to what he said later that week at the Paracast episode featured in this very thread.

I'm leaving the judgement of his behavior to the reader, while also offering my own personal take on the matter as an aside. Whether I'm right or wrong about it, is also up to the reader; in any case I tried to be as factual as I possibly could.

It's clear to me Dolan was impressed by Zalce Benítez's opinion about the body. Perhaps more than he should? Probably. It also seems that whatever kind of conversation he might have had with him or with De Alba Galindo was very limited due to the language barrier.

Like I stated, this embarrassment will be a black stain in his career forever. No doubt critics like yourself will be more than happy to remind him about it for the remainder of his stay in the UFOlogy scene.

Saludos,

RPJ

You have just stated that Dolan would have to be stupid. Obviously he is not stupid. Anyone and everyone once those slides were released could clearly see it was a Mummy in a display and he DID view the hi res images and admitted so on his Facebook page prior to speaking and if you think he didn't see the hi res images before he left for Mexico you would be assuming, so by claiming he trusted anyone else's opinions after viewing the obvious Mummy you are calling him Stupid.

You have just stated that Dolan would have to be stupid. Obviously he is not stupid. Anyone and everyone once those slides were released could clearly see it was a Mummy in a display and he DID view the hi res images and admitted so on his Facebook page prior to speaking and if you think he didn't see the hi res images before he left for Mexico you would be assuming, so by claiming he trusted anyone else's opinions after viewing the obvious Mummy you are calling him Stupid.

If everyone saw a human Mummy in the slides then their would have been no event, unless it was an event about human Mummies.
Make no mistake I never saw anything apart from a human Mummy, but I have no way of telling what anyone else saw.
However frustrating it is, it is better to try and persuade people by reasoning with them rather than attacking them.
N.B. I have been personally guilty of this during the discussion of the slides.
We can all be blinded by what we want or don't want to see, and I am not even sure how much choice we have in that.

Think of the moth and the candle, the moth is confused, not stupid, but the flame burns just as hot either way.

People lose all their money gambling and go and kick their dog, rather than themselves.

When all is said and done the very fact that the event was hosted by a known supporter of obvious hoaxes e.g Reed and the Metepec creature etc should have been huge red flags, anybody who payed money to attend or view the event, did so at their own risk. In other words they played a game of chance, and bet on certain parties changing their stripes, it was a gamble and they lost.

Why don't you take the issue up with the organisers directly, rather than trying to bludgeon people into your way of thinking?

I don't think their are many people on this forum that think that the Bewitness event was anything other than a money making scheme, but I can only speak for myself...................................

Back