• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 10, 2015 — Red Pill Junkie with Richard Dolan

I had not seen Richard Dolan's response, dated May 9, until today. For some reason, his site was down when I looked before

rdpress

-----------------

I wrote the following piece a few hours before the alleged deciphering of the placard of the Roswell Slides was announced, indicating the body depicted is that of a two-year-old mummified child -- although the deciperhing itself is being claimed to be a hoax.

This is very much in line with how it has gone for the entire episode, which I participated in as the closing speaker to the event in Mexico City on May 5, was surrounded in controversy, debate, and invective.

I will simply add that when you throw yourself into the public arena, controversies are hard to avoid. It's just part of my life. I try to manage through the twists and turns the best I can. The only things I can fall back on is (a) doing my best, which is often inadequate, (b) being brave enough to speak my mind when I feel I have truth, (c) having the integrity to be candid and honest at all times, even if it disappoints other people, and (d) treating others with grace and respect as much as possible. I don't do anything perfectly. All I can do is to give things my best effort. At the end of the day, and at the end of one's life, that is really all we have.

[The following was originally posted to Facebook May 8]

Since returning from Mexico City, I have been in communication with many people regarding the so-called Roswell slides. I attended the event in the first place because it seemed to have the potential to unveil important information. I had not seen the slides beforehand, but did have conversations with some of the principals who had. During those conversations, I was also told about the analyses performed on them. So I decided to go, and at no point was I ever asked to endorse the slides.

After arriving and seeing the slides, and especially hearing the analyses in more detail, I felt the overall picture presented was compelling. The analyses by Jose de Jesus Zalce Benitez, Richard Doble, and Dr. Luis Antonio de Alba Galindo argued that the body depicted was not a human being. Since I am not a physiologist, I never felt qualified to debate that point.

My problem is this: when I simply look at the pictures, I see what many other people are seeing -- an interesting museum piece. One that looks like other examples that are on the web. With the acknowledgment that looks can be deceiving, I still keep coming back to that.

On top of this, there have been some very good critiques coming in. Recently, Nick Redfern posted a good analysis on the “Million Dollar Museum” in New Mexico, which he suggests may be where the slides were taken. Perhaps this is the answer, or perhaps it’s something else. But it is clear that the arguments promoting the slides as depicting an extraterrestrial have to overcome some serious objections.

It’s frustrating that the analyses by the three scientists have not been published in text form on a website where others can read them and respond to them. I told the group in Mexico City that this needs to happen as soon as possible, and they agreed. But it has not yet happened.

Although I previously stated the slides would not easily be debunked, it seems more relevant to me that they don’t need to be debunked so much as to be proven to be something anomalous. That is where the burden of proof lies.

For all the hoopla that accompanied and followed the Mexico City event, and all the furor that followed it, I feel it was a worthy endeavor. I believe the people involved are honest.

But for me, until the proper analyses are published, and until we have had time to read critiques of those analyses, and until there are strong replies to some of the critiques that are currently published, I cannot consider these slides as evidence of extraterrestrials.

Why are none of you talking about the Money???? Why are none of you talking about a Criminal charges for intentional fraud for financial gain? 6000 attendees paying $350 each, on top of that thousands paying $20.00 for pay per view and all you want to talk about is anything and everything except how Criminal all of this was??? I would like an answer. Seems to me there should be a Class Action Lawsuit over this and get that money returned to the people.

Why did I see it posted that they paid $350 and what does it matter? $20 or $85 it's all fraud and intentional theft. I would think some legal action should be in process and justified.

Also I watched the presentation graphics and it appeared to me they intentionally mapped the skull to be elongated in their graphics presentations. The Mummy clearly did not have an elongated skull. This was an intentional charade, it had to be. Hopefully thousands of people are filing disputed to get their refunds with their credit cards and PayPal. I am OUTRAGED by this. This is inexcusable and points directly to proof that the Disclosure Movement is only Money Movement. Droves of UFO enthusiasts will leave with Disgust and Dolan has lost many followers including me. Anyone want to by my Richard Dolan signed Books?

These guys got up in front of thousands and LIED so they could take their money! WHY are none of you discussing this???

None will do that, they went for the money the schemed for the money and they robbed people of their money. A class action Law Suit should be in the making over his thing.

It's one thing to have a UFO conference with speakers, this is not that. This is an intentional drawn out scheme to defraud people of their money with false claims. Perhaps this is the real reason it was held in Mexico, to make it harder to prosecute.

Why did I see it posted that they paid $350
Because it was an additional $285 if you wanted to take the “Mothership” out for a spin.

No one else but Dolan placed Dolan in the crosshairs, as Richard in being one of planet Earth’s foremost researchers(?) on the subject, (on his own), could have requested a comprehensive evaluation of the slide(s) before inserting foot in mouth. Richard was the one gushing over the Mexican forensic anthropologists while chastising those concerned, who were unfamiliar with the language. Ironically, Dolan knows little Spanish, and resorted to Maussan for translation. I suppose someone will have to play the role of scapegoat in this wretched production, as once again Maussan hits his high note.

The problem with Richard and others of the so not ready for prime time players, is they wagered in the origin of the corpse would never be discovered, while planning on future Roswellian style publications. In rolling the dice they crapped out along with Dew, Dew, Productions.

Dolan has resorted to unfriending people on Facebook. One person specifically called him out as a friend, asked where does the money go? This must be a Hoax DON'T GO.... It's a Money Grab. This person had a genuine concern for his reputation and asked him not to attend and WHAM that person who had been his friend for years and supported him with his time and efforts was unfriended. When asked why is this information not free and that this looks like a Money Grab he unfriended this person to silence him on his page and possibly in his thinking others. Stunningly, by this act of his days prior to the event, by evidence there is NO WAY Dolan thought this was a genuine discovery but instead went for the Pay Out willing to support anything that became a big Pay Day. I was told several people who objected to his attendance and his support and in fact his closing statements that this was an alien and proven so are being unfriended. Actions speak far louder than words. And at this point that person with Morals that was unfriended no longer cares to be friends with Richard Dolan because his integrity just isn't there. There has to be some Morality in all of this and this person had thought Dolan was better than the Rick Dyers and other scammers, but now has proven at least to this person that he's not. Dolan's later Ooops I didn't mean it is pointless and insincere because so many have been defrauded and not a single person I have heard that was involved in this has proven nor even mentioned giving back any money earned with deceit and deception.

Last edited:
The "true" story regarding the slides is all over the internet this morning, but that's not stopping Jaime Maussan from trying to hold his ground. I'm not surprised to hear this.

As for Dolan, I'm disappointed with his involvement in this whole mess. All he would say on The Paracast is that he thought the slides were "interesting," yet he traveled to Mexico City and actively participated in the presentation of the slides. I'm not sure how everyone else feels about the genuineness of his position, but I suspect his appearance on The Paracast was his attempt to dig himself an exit from the controversy once the shoe dropped.

I understand the expert reports were impressive, detailed, and influential; however, the back story was suspect enough to cause concern. Calling the slides "interesting" is one thing, but committing yourself enough to become involved in the presentation is downright negligent. I wish him the best, but Dolan deserves the flack he gets for committing himself to this mess.

The Roswell Slides: UFO researcher apologises after admitting 'dead alien' picture actually showed the mummified body of a child - Mirror Online

'Alien' in Roswell Slides is actually a mummified child | Metro News

Who was it at the conference that name dropped the paracast in their comments?
you might be thinking about the segment on the show where RPJ referenced how the Forums became a player in the comparison between the slides and the autopsy movie towards the end of this episode. RPJ identified some of the comparisons that Wingfield made including his specious claim that Lundberg was the creator of both these "fake" aliens because Lundberg did not answer the question as to whether or not he created the Not the Roswell Slides. But if you are into Ostension then of course you wouldn't say anything, but George ran with it anyway. There was some confusion around pronouns that might have made it sound like someone on stage mentioned the Paracast but that was not the case as far as i know.

With lots of confusion leading up to the event, this was a very anti-climactic closing. The question of 'bloodlust' is an interesting one as many are calling for heads on a platter, which we normally only ask for from politicians. What is it about ufology that sparks just great ire amongst the masses? There's plenty of embarrassment and sheepishness to go around right now but there is also the great habit of forgetting that is also deeply embedded in ufology. This will not be the end of Richard Dolan, but people are latching on to his notion that he needed to see the slides for himself because they looked interesting. Apparently he needed a very close look directly from the stage as a closing presenter though as opposed to viewing from the audience.

Other ufologists distanced themselves immediately from the slides right from the start. Can we look at this dividing line as a division between two new camps in ufology: promoters vs. investigators. At the end of the day May 5 slides day is a reminder, like the Jerusalem video that was being promoted at the event, that ufology is also a business model, sometimes moreso than an investigative science. Thanks to what sounds like very shoddy science being attached to the slides as obviously not of this earth, ufology simply can not be taken seriously. These types of events will continue to relegate the field to tabloid spaces, burying serious inquiry deeper and deeper. Maybe it's time to split the camps.

RPJ identified some of the comparisons that Wingfield made including his specious claim that Lundberg was the creator of both these "fake" aliens because Lundberg did not answer the question as to whether or not he created the Not the Roswell Slides. But if you are into Ostension then of course you wouldn't say anything, but George ran with it anyway.

And why hasn’t George Wingfield chimed in yet in relation to this post-mortem? He must be out there somewhere on his tractor, as in the field of opportunity it’s plowing time again.

Richard, after taking the hit will get up, dust himself off, and continue his march through the desert. Why..? Because very few remember the painful mistakes of the past, or have immersed their selves in a belief system which is inescapable. For others, it’s simply a matter of.., it really sucks when realizing your champion is actually a fraud or grossly mistaken, in peddling fantasy as fact. Speaking from the vantage point of personal experience, as for anyone interested in Ufology, or the paranormal, who think they’ve never been duped, may want to reconsider, as there’s nothing wrong in the admission of being wrong, especially with Ufology.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some dissent within the ranks I see.

I can pretty much count on one hand the number of times that I wish that was part of the Facebook community but this is one of those times. I want to like Christian's post 10,000 times.

Last edited:
Back