• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

"Marley" Woods Located

ascended_master

Skilled Investigator
Gentlemen,

The phenomena at Marley Woods were discussed recently on the Paracast, but after ten years the investigation & location remain shrouded in secrecy. Hard evidence seems difficult to come by.

I did a little research on this recently & I have positively identified the exact location of the cabin & other buildings where many events have taken place as documented here.

C.P.T.R. - Marley Woods
morleyfg4.jpg

I do not wish to compromise Mr Phillips long running investigation, however I do believe that open sharing of information is a good thing for UFO research. I would like to know what other forum members here think regarding open disclosure of the location?

If the events at "Marley" Woods are to be believed, then after so many years surely other researchers should be able to examine the events in the area openly?

I'd be against it on the basis of what the local people want-if people there are happy to come forward and discuss what they've experienced openly, then fine. If not (and I can understand they don't want people tramping round looking to see for themselves as happens at Skinwalker Ranch and Bray Road), that should be respected. Obviously, that comes at the price of the case carrying less weight than one anyone can openly investigate.
Also, if it's private land, would revealing it's location make it any more accessible to anyone who wanted to investigate?
I definitely agree with the free sharing of information, it has be be balanced with respecting the wishes of the people experiencing the phenomena- if they're more comfortable dealing with one particular investigator, then we have to go with that.

I'd be against it on the basis of what the local people want-if people there are happy to come forward and discuss what they've experienced openly, then fine. If not (and I can understand they don't want people tramping round looking to see for themselves as happens at Skinwalker Ranch and Bray Road), that should be respected. Obviously, that comes at the price of the case carrying less weight than one anyone can openly investigate.
Also, if it's private land, would revealing it's location make it any more accessible to anyone who wanted to investigate?
I definitely agree with the free sharing of information, it has be be balanced with respecting the wishes of the people experiencing the phenomena- if they're more comfortable dealing with one particular investigator, then we have to go with that.

I can certainly sympathise with the points you are making here, but if the phenomena here are true as reported then surely open sharing of information, scientific peer review & the opportunity for other researchers to investigate outweigh the "need" for secrecy.

In truth, the wishes of those who currently occupy the land should be considered in context. This was Osage terriatory until the brutal clearances of the 1800's. Do those in possesion of the land "own" the phenomena occuring there? No.

It's been over ten years since the first reports of activity here. How long must the secrecy go on?

I'm against it. I don't possibly see what could be accomplished by this...other than 5 minutes of fame.

I can certainly sympathise with the points you are making here, but if the phenomena here are true as reported then surely open sharing of information, scientific peer review & the opportunity for other researchers to investigate outweigh the "need" for secrecy.

In truth, the wishes of those who currently occupy the land should be considered in context. This was Osage terriatory until the brutal clearances of the 1800's. Do those in possesion of the land "own" the phenomena occuring there? No.

It's been over ten years since the first reports of activity here. How long must the secrecy go on?

Likewise, I understand what you're saying- I'd agree with you on the matter on land ownership, but whatever the ethics of that, the practicality of it is that if whoever in the eyes of the law owns the land wants you off, they can have you removed (I'm assuming that trepass laws are stricter in the USA than they are here, where we have a legal right to roam), which would obviously be a barrier to investigations.

I vote no. The locals don't deserve to be harassed by would-be researchers just because we think it might be interesting to see what happens.

I appreciate the effort made to locate it as a personal success for your detective skills. That's a big 'well done.'

At the same time, it's worth asking if it's right to expose the information without consulting Ted Phillips as a representative of the people living there? You could email him or pass on a message through several members of the Paracast.

The first Paracast interview undermined my confidence and removed my interest in Marley Woods. Ted's done great trace evidence research, but I felt he sounded very lacking in confidence when discussing the woods. I'm only making this point to highlight my objectivity or neutrality about the events there.

Even with this neutrality, I believe you should consult Ted before doing anything. It's a sign of respect to him and the people involved. On top of that, he's dedicated a lot of time to this research and probably has an eye on a successful book.

How wide an area is Marley woods and how many people truly are effected here? Ted Philips claims he is the representative of the people living there, however we have only his word on this and nobody else has gone on record to speak about Marley woods have they? I'm not calling Ted a liar, but everyone should be concious that we know very little outside of what Ted is telling us!!
Ted has spent an obscene amount of time at Marley woods and frankly, the stories he tells will keep you on the edge of the seat until the end. But the evidence posted here to collaborate his work and research was disappointing to say the least. It does make you wonder is this location as great as Ted makes it out to be, and how would we know either way, since Ted will not give out the location of Marley Woods or even invite another independent UFO Researcher to the location to operate and do their own research and study.

Please do not disclose the location. I am working with Ted to ge his website finished and his information out there. If you disclose the location it could cause him issues with the property owner. Please do not do this. The information will be forthcoming. That much I promise you.

I'm amazed by the fact that people still actually believe there is something there..... particularly after the debacle we had with him promising certain photo's and delivering something completely different

I respect the time & effort Mr Phillips has dedicated to researching the UFO phenomenon. I however believe his recent revelations on The Paracast regarding what would seem to be extraordinary findings at Marley Woods demand closer scrutiny.

In no way do I wish to compromise Mr Phillips investigation or others endeavours with the forthcoming website. I only hope that this research does not go the way of the Gilliland/Greer/ECETI debacle, where extraordinary claims are not backed up scientifically. It just feels to me that after ten or more years this site should be open to other researchers to make of it what they will in the spirit of open scientific investigation.

I only hope that the secrecy surrounding this research is justified in the search for UFO truth.

However, let me say clearly, that out of respect for Mr Phillips & the consensus of opinion here, I will not make my findings public. I would also like to wish those involved all the best in their further efforts to document what could be a genuinely significant episode in UFO research.

Actually it is not all that hard to find with a little digging and google earth.

Back