• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mark Phillips

jkoci

Watcher of the Skies
Just got done listening to the episode. Great discussion. I have not watched his show but it sounds like it is worth checking out. Try to get him back sometime.

So, I listened to the show - it was pretty interesting. I enjoyed hearing the thoughts on Talbott and Robert. I don't have as much confidence in any of the "research" that the BLT does - if you think crop circles are made by aliens, you've already lost.

Also, Chris, what did you mean about "covering the evidence" by bringing the 9/11 rubble to Staten Island? I noticed Mark Phillips completely ignored the comment.

One of my favourites from an easy-going smooth discussion standpoint. The guest being an English-born Canadian goes a long way with me too. The "old lady in the road" story rang some bells with me. My father used to tell of an 'exactly' similar story taking place in England (he was a travelling sales rep.). I, in turn, told this story to a house-mate of mine once, she was a dispatch person for a trucking company in Ontario, and she said, "If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that story." It turns out that it was a common occurence for her drivers to witness the old lady spector. Maybe it can be wrapped in with "old hag syndrome" all involving old ladies and tiredness...?

That was a great episode. I love watching My Ghost Story and Celebrity Ghost Story. I looked up and watched the 911 ghost story after listening to this episode. Very creepy.

Hmm, not as many replies here as this episode deserves. I thought it was quite good. Phillips seems like a straight shooter.

Has anyone here watched "My Ghost Story" and "Celebrity Ghost Story" (except for trainedobserver)? I've seen a few episodes. I think it's a pretty decent show. If I have a complaint it's that every story seems to involve an "evil" ghost and I'd like to see more of a focus on stories that are interesting without having to resort to the angle of "ooohhh scary." You know, tell me some stories about a ghost I'd actually LIKE to meet!

For me, the real question is whether or not we can believe him when he says that not only are the stories real (in the sense that the production company didn't manufacture them) but that he actually goes out of his way to only select stories that he thinks are probably legitimate.

Thoughts?

For me, the real question is whether or not we can believe him when he says that not only are the stories real (in the sense that the production company didn't manufacture them) but that he actually goes out of his way to only select stories that he thinks are probably legitimate.
Thoughts?

Any way you cut it there has to be a lot of Hollywood in those shows. Almost everyone has a spooky story that a talented production company could work up into an interesting 15 minute spot. I like Celebrity Ghost Story because at least the people telling the stories are trained actors in most cases who do a pretty convincing job.

That's true, but Phillips seems like he genuinely wanted to present cases that he felt were probably real. Maybe it was all a put on. But he did say that there had to be at least SOME supporting evidence and that he had rejected cases that he got a bad feeling about.

Back