• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 27th show 2011

You dont need to be psychic to guess i really really enjoyed this show,
Right up my alley.
I dont doubt my enthusiasm will be a contentious point, but i reckon this guy is as close to the truth as anyone ive listened to in a long long time.
Thats not to say i agree with everything he talked about, but it was a great interview to listen to from my pov

Thanks for presenting this guest

I really wish he would have taken his phone away from his computer speakers. :(

I am about half way through the interview and this is difficult to listen to because of the interference. Otherwise it is at least interesting.

I am about half way through the show and I have to say this guy is reminisicent of the movie "a Beautiful Mind".

He sounds like a kook, hidden agendas, black budgets, strange voices...I don't doubt for a minute that these things exist, but to say that he has seen ample evidence and then skirt the issue when pressed for answers. I would find it unlikely that information on underground bases would be available in public or academic libraries. Would it not have been found by now by someone else?

As much as Chris tries to lend credibility to this guy, I find him to be less than compelling verging on the absurd.

Glad to see Gene & Chris ask the hard questions !and showing great professional manners where others would of said,@#$$%^&, I am talking.:)
The fact his outside the USA is intresting and exploring those 'demensional spaces' and keep an open mind: on that part of the interview)

In my mind he's a candidate for one of the worst guests ever.

I know this is the Paracast but the subject can be approached with at least some modicum of skepticism and Scientific process. I thought that was initially the show's remit? Something I notice is become less and less the case since the departure of David Biedny.

People claiming to 'know' things with no back up or proof and can't tell you because it's 'secret' immediately have to have little to no credibility. We could all say this. It's meaningless.

When pressed on matters he seemed evasive and even confrontational and anyone who doesn't see "what's going on" or basically buy his vision is an idiot.

He bemoans the use of alcohol and recreational drugs while telling a tale of being on drugs. Oh sorry, it's not a drug, it's a conscious entity.

"I can tell you that I think..." is something he says a lot. What does that mean? It means it's what he thinks but the 'tell' bit sounds more important. When asked to divulge more information about his claim to have been contacted by a telepathic galactic intelligence his answer was we could never comprehend the response so he won't bother.

Any chance of some sensible guests, questions and a smattering of skepticism? It's bad enough I have to tolerate the HillBilly Militia Advertising every ten minutes without have to come back to to this sort of lunatic talk.

I've listened to every episode of The Paracast and I loved the show but I notice that these sorts of guests have increased with the involvement of Chris O'Brien, it ties in to his theories of the Trickster I guess but if I wanted to listen to far fetched dogma every week I'd go to church.

We gave Sauder a chance to demonstrate what he had. He was pressed on the critical issues, and I think he came up wanting. I suppose we could revert to the "old ways" and talk about him in absentia, after the interview was over. But that's hardly a scientific approach. You can take what he says in any way you wish. We don't have to preach to you.

As to the ads: Once again, we have to carry network ads. We don't get to pick and choose, nor are we paid for what the network provides. If you don't care about the message, don't buy the product — or just Fast Forward.

It sounds like I'm not going to like this guest very much, but it'll make for an entertaining couple of hours while I work. I'll check back once I listen.

Some of my comments were tongue in cheek and I hope that came across - but it is frustrating to hear someone making outrageous claims with no testable proof and not have them pushed on it.
I don't like the idea of commenting after the fact as it always felt slightly underhand but I just sensed that you, Gene, had also decided the guy was more 'out there' than most and I was left wishing you'd have been a bit more forthright with him rather than going the 'give 'em enough rope' approach. This is the problem with inviting friends of presenters I suppose and there seemed more of an effort to placate him by the end of the show. Despite his claims getting more and more bizarre.

I've followed the Paracast for the past 3 years, I've listened to 'em all and I very much enjoy it and wish you and Chris continued success with the millionaires.

But I really hope there are some guests on the horizon with more tangible proof to their claims or given more skeptical enquiry if not.

Some of my comments were tongue in cheek and I hope that came across - but it is frustrating to hear someone making outrageous claims with no testable proof and not have them pushed on it.
I don't like the idea of commenting after the fact as it always felt slightly underhand but I just sensed that you, Gene, had also decided the guy was more 'out there' than most and I was left wishing you'd have been a bit more forthright with him rather than going the 'give 'em enough rope' approach. This is the problem with inviting friends of presenters I suppose and there seemed more of an effort to placate him by the end of the show. Despite his claims getting more and more bizarre.

I've followed the Paracast for the past 3 years, I've listened to 'em all and I very much enjoy it and wish you and Chris continued success with the millionaires.

But I really hope there are some guests on the horizon with more tangible proof to their claims or given more skeptical enquiry if not.

Ben Radford is coming up.

The problem here is that there is very little "tangible proof" of many of these claims. Much of it consists of anecdotal observations. That's been the problem all along, and why so little of this is taken seriously by so-called mainstream science. As to Sauder, when he says he has a confidential source, you can either accept it or continue to demand he name his source, which he probably isn't going to do. I think I pressed him where appropriate, and you can refer to his books to see if he's able to back up his research.

The problem here is that there is very little "tangible proof" of many of these claims. Much of it consists of anecdotal observations. That's been the problem all along, and why so little of this is taken seriously by so-called mainstream science. As to Sauder, when he says he has a confidential source, you can either accept it or continue to demand he name his source, which he probably isn't going to do. I think I pressed him where appropriate, and you can refer to his books to see if he's able to back up his research.

I totally agree with you. That's the problem. That's why the paranormal for me is entertainment, not science. A wresting metaphor is apt because of an upcoming guest:

To me the paranormal is like professional wresting - the wrestlers are athletes and what they do in the ring is athletic, but there's nothing at stake - it's all entertainment. Science is like competitive sports.

I know that paranormal researchers will completely disagree with that, but that's how I look at it. It's cool. Don't worry about it. Keep doing what makes you happy.

Does that make sense?

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Oh dear, according to the guest I am stupid and mind controlled because I "buy" the official 9/11 story.

Nice.

That sound is simply from a cellphone being near the computer speakers.

I am really open-minded, but Sauder sounds totally crazy and is really angry. People who use things like ayawaska are usually mellow. Something is really off with him.

Oh dear, according to the guest I am stupid and mind controlled because I "buy" the official 9/11 story.

Nice. <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->
Angelo

I think some people on Facebook told me that as well.

People on facebook are talking to you about Angel? :confused::p Just kiddin. Everybody step back from the cliff. It's a radio show not a scientific laboratory. :cool:

Nice. <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->
Angelo

People on facebook are talking to you about Angel? :confused::p Just kiddin. Everybody step back from the cliff. It's a radio show not a scientific laboratory. :cool:

I think that Gene was referring to himself.

It's been a while since I've commented on a guest and I have been listening to the shows, but I have to say that I agree with cottonzway on this in that Sauder seems to have a big chip on his shoulder, maybe because folks might not be takin' him seriously enough IMO.

Whether he hears the Big Galactic Machine Hum while on ayahuasca is another matter, Graham Hancock used ayahuasca before he wrote 'Entangled' and it was a good plot finder.

Besides, underground bases and the Hollow Earth are old hat.

Back