• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mac Magruder and the Alien

Angel of Ioren

Friendly Skeptic
In doing some research for an upcoming episode of my podcast, I came across this article from UFO Magazine. I had never heard of this pilot before, unless it's something I had forgotten. It's a really interesting story about how on his deathbed, he told his kids about the alien that was being kept at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

Has anyone else ever heard of this? It's pretty fascinating and chilling at the same time: an alien found at a crash site and kept alive until it died because of the experiments that were done on it.

In doing some research for an upcoming episode of my podcast, I came across this article from UFO Magazine. I had never heard of this pilot before, unless it's something I had forgotten. It's a really interesting story about how on his deathbed, he told his kids about the alien that was being kept at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

Has anyone else ever heard of this? It's pretty fascinating and chilling at the same time: an alien found at a crash site and kept alive until it died because of the experiments that were done on it.
I don't know, man. I mean it would make a great movie.

But I just don't see how this would happen:
The Air War College students were led into a room
where they were told about the crash
outside of Roswell, New Mexico earlier
that same month, and then they were shown debris
from the crash. They were also brought into first-hand contact with one of the craft’s inhabitants, the only one alive after the crash. Magruder described the being in specific detail to his sons, but kept repeating that the being seemed “squiggly” to him, a remark that he repeated as he lay dying 40 years later.

Letting college students handle material, interact with an alien, and being told what happened at Roswell? To see what the military should disclose?

After they already presumably covered it up?

That sounds more like a psyops thing or some kind of test than a thing that really would happen.

And this just sounds like cold war scenarios being played out than it does like anything as complex as what people actually report:
As he revealed more information about the alien and the debris, he made the stunning comment that he was told there were actually two di erent species of aliens that our govern- ment had come into contact with. Nicknamed the greens and the grays, the di erent species also had di erent intentions to- ward Earth. One species was relatively benign, Mac said. It was considered friendly. However the other, and the sons are not sure which group was which, was unfriendly and was regarded by the military as hostile.

I totally agree - it's still really interesting.
I have the opposite response. Maybe I'm just too cynical.

Here's an account. One that may or may not be factual. Even if it may be factual (from his perspective), maybe it was something else.

And even if it was factual and not some kind of ploy, we'll never know because it was so long ago, and by this point we've got a bajillion verbal accounts of strange stuff. It's like the steak is all fat and no meat, you know?

This field gets so wound up on stuff that happened in the 40s, 50's or 60's. I get it - it's the golden age. I like pulp sci fi, too. But ultimately it's unsolvable and unknowable, and a bit of a distraction to the field.

Last edited:
I have the opposite response. Maybe I'm just too cynical.

Here's an account. One that may or may not be factual. Even if it may be factual (from his perspective), maybe it was something else.

And even if it was factual and not some kind of ploy, we'll never know because it was so long ago, and by this point we've got a bajillion verbal accounts of strange stuff. It's like the steak is all fat and no meat, you know?

This field gets so wound up on stuff that happened in the 40s, 50's or 60's. I get it - it's the golden age. I like pulp sci fi, too. But ultimately it's unsolvable and unknowable, and a bit of a distraction to the field.

I think that's what so much fun about it! I love to speculate about that time, and I think most of the reports from then are because people misunderstood what they were seeing. Ultimately, you're probably right (at least I agree with you), but I think it leads to an interesting discussion.

I think that's what so much fun about it! I love to speculate about that time, and I think most of the reports from then are because people misunderstood what they were seeing. Ultimately, you're probably right (at least I agree with you), but I think it leads to an interesting discussion.
I will say one thing. They don't take photos like they used to.

Men look so macho and women look so glamorous. Everything seemed dramatic and so... sexy.

You know, it's your fault I went down this rabbit hole for suggesting Hanger 18 for episode 18.
595.jpg

It was a pretty bitchin' 80's movie. It had just the right hint of plausibility to tickle my 9 or 10 year old imagination, and was silly enough that it had an astronaut getting his head blown off in the opening scene.

The end of the movie gave me chills.

"Oh my god, they're coming back!"

Last edited:
Back