• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Kean Train Keeps on Rolling

Hotkafka

Sanity is a default
Stuart Davis of Integral Naked fame (associated with the work and philosphy of Ken Wilber), recently interviewed Leslie Kean. Davis approaches it from an interesting angle and the interview is worth the listen -in my opinion. It's kind of a primer for neophytes, and starts out rather pedestrian, but it gathers more depth as it goes along.

You can access it from Integral's site:
http://integrallife.com/node/93609

Hope I'm not breaking any rules posting this. If so, I bow in submission.

They have two membership levels, one is free, to access the community forum, and the other is not free, to access "premium" media things. If I register as a mere potential poster, will I be able to listen then? Being unregistered, it will not allow me to listen.

Oh... Yeah I believe you can just register for free and gain access. I forgot I was a member. Not trying to push membership for Integral Life here, however.

Part II is a much deeper analysis of the phenemenon btw. Go directly there if you'd like to avoid the primer.

I tried to register but then came into these boxes requesting my snail mail address info, and I'm like, NOooo thanks, and bailed.

What the hell? I didn't have to do any of that, however I registered a while back -these sound like aggressive new marketing tactics. Idiots. Hmm, I'll see if there's another way around this, because the second half of the interview is definately worth a listen.

You can upload the file to sites like 4shared for free and hit us up with a link.

You've made it sound pretty interesting.

Here's an op-ed Stuart Davis wrote following his Kean interview. I particularly am impartial to the perspective he employs here, and at this present point, find it one of the more plausible angles to address this variety of phenemenon. Regarding the link: I'm trying to wrangle a solution, but so far am out thinking myself.

Stuart Davis, on the challenges to pursing the mystery behind the UFO phenem.:

In short, I think a blender has been grinding for decades around the World. Distilling the objective truth of what's transpired up until now may never be possible. But personally, that's not where my curiosity lies. I think we're at the beginning. What I see as our greatest liabilities are:

• Our anthropomorphic assumptions and filters. The first imperative of the Enigma is to EVOVLE, engage in a deeply intentional development of our spiritual capacities. When we have managed to raise the center of gravity (and stabilize it) in our collective, we will find the very nature of what we're asking will transform. We are being invited to OURSELVES. And to date, we've declined. If we continue to decline the invitation to inherit our full being, we will gradually phase ourselves out of use and relevance to the planet and the community of entities that populate the Mystery. We are not yet mysterious enough to inhabit the congenital unknowing of these phenomena. Until we can manage the respiration of qualities and forms instead of setting them in binary opposition, we're locking ourselves out of the Gift.

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fumbling the interface.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] What may be the biggest irony here is that the extra-terrestrial enigma is an intra-subjective invitation to the inter-subjective party. That means, there is a dimensional facet which is waiting on our capacity to navigate INNER space. The interior labyrinth which abides in each person, and among all people is where the Wonder awaits. It is also the last place we seem to be able to hold our focus. The Kosmos is as big and wonderful on the inside as it is on the outside.

[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We gotta outgrow our allergy to context.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The real context we're working in is not one of dominion and power, it's precarious privilege. We just popped up, and far from having dominion, we could pass into vapor in moments, without so much as a sigh from our neighbors (corporeal and otherwise). It's been a blink, a test drive. Before we congratulate ourselves on the marvels of man, let's just get squarely planted in the reality that our wispy presence could vanish like the speck it is in an instant. To luxuriate in oblivious arrogance is to court that loss, tempt that end. For some reason, we find ourselves in the miraculous procession of this Mystery. Let's live up to the invitation.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
We're not alone. That much is certain. But that doesn't mean we've earned the right to meet our neighbors....
[/FONT]

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

You can upload the file to sites like 4shared for free and hit us up with a link.

You've made it sound pretty interesting.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did just that.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/YTmMwsCE/Kean-BringingLegitimacyToUFORe.html
http://www.4shared.com/audio/wgZs5Fh3/Kean-BringingLegitimacyToUFORe.html

Let me know if these links work or not.

Back