• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 8, 2008 Stan Romanek

Free episodes:

valiens said:
I just found the key to the whole mystery! It's hidden at the very bottom of the "Picture & Video Timeline" section. And I quote:

"For information not allowed to be shown on this website look forward to both a documentary feature film and a nonfiction book about Stan Romanek's life story, to be released soon."

Do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around--Aaaaaand that's what it's all about!

Anyone know if Stan is the author, or co-author of the book? Or the maker of the documentary?

1. Stan left the scene before due to harassment he says. I don't know if he's let "anyone" do as you say.

2. Did David ask for names and he cop out? I've only listened to half the show so far, will finish the rest in a day or two. Guess I'll find out then.

3. Depends what his position would be.

4. It doesn't explain the available evidence, and what of the multiple witness accounts? Anyone care to pick a part his pics and vids? Has anyone been able to watch the vids at his site?

Stan's first site was done by someone else too.

1) He says he was harrassed. Or, he percieves he was harrassed, and it had nothing to do with ufos but he thought it did. It looks like it is "anyone" if he lets Peckman represent him in the media, but didn't bother to check up on Peckman's past or bizarre products.

2) I don't remember if David pushed very hard for names or not. I'd have to listen to the episode again.

3) He mentioned that he was starting a computer repair business, so apparantly he's an entrepaneur and good with computers. Not good enough to make his own website, apparantly, or fend off people trying to use him for financial gain and wrap in in a web of NDA's. Maybe it's incorrect of me to assume that working with computer hardward requires more than a 4th grade level in math.

4) I looked at the pics on his site, but didn't bother to watch any vids. The fact that he's got the good stuff locked away pending some scientific inquiry make it look like a shell game, a bit of bait and switch.

I'll just say this: Stan is the supposed experiencer, and if he feels he has to be handled by assorted people, from Pickman to that other guy to unnamed-yet-world-reknowned scientists, then something is very wrong. If these are his own experiences, and his own movies and pictures, and he's made some sort of deal that wraps them up for some future documentary, then he's a victim of very poor business sense.

It seems safe at this point to write this "case" off without seeing any of his withheld evidence.

Scott Story said:
1. Stan left the scene before due to harassment he says. I don't know if he's let "anyone" do as you say.

2. Did David ask for names and he cop out? I've only listened to half the show so far, will finish the rest in a day or two. Guess I'll find out then.

3. Depends what his position would be.

4. It doesn't explain the available evidence, and what of the multiple witness accounts? Anyone care to pick a part his pics and vids? Has anyone been able to watch the vids at his site?

Stan's first site was done by someone else too.

1) He says he was harrassed. Or, he percieves he was harrassed, and it had nothing to do with ufos but he thought it did. It looks like it is "anyone" if he lets Peckman represent him in the media, but didn't bother to check up on Peckman's past or bizarre products.

2) I don't remember if David pushed very hard for names or not. I'd have to listen to the episode again.

3) He mentioned that he was starting a computer repair business, so apparantly he's an entrepaneur and good with computers. Not good enough to make his own website, apparantly, or fend off people trying to use him for financial gain and wrap in in a web of NDA's. Maybe it's incorrect of me to assume that working with computer hardward requires more than a 4th grade level in math.

4) I looked at the pics on his site, but didn't bother to watch any vids. The fact that he's got the good stuff locked away pending some scientific inquiry make it look like a shell game, a bit of bait and switch.

I'll just say this: Stan is the supposed experiencer, and if he feels he has to be handled by assorted people, from Pickman to that other guy to unnamed-yet-world-reknowned scientists, then something is very wrong. If these are his own experiences, and his own movies and pictures, and he's made some sort of deal that wraps them up for some future documentary, then he's a victim of very poor business sense.

It seems safe at this point to write this "case" off without seeing any of his withheld evidence.

Making poor business decisions doesn't equate hoaxer, so I remain open to the case for now. But, I was aware of the case back when Stan was releasing info. pics and vids left and right. How much blame should go to Stan instead of other researchers? It isn't clear. I am never comfortable dismissing cases without viewing the evidence. It goes in my inconclusive basket til I see the evidence etc. It could be he has had genuine encounters and wants to profit off it.

It could be he has had genuine encounters and wants to profit off it.

Yeah, point taken.

I still count his story as highly inconclusive until he ponies up the good stuff. As it stands, since he came out early, the expectations that his evidence be downright earthshattering are only going to grow. Peckman's media circus has already made that a done deal.

The sad thing is that until he started backpedaling about scientists and withholding stuff and Peckman, he seemed really likable and matter-of-fact. Could he be a nice guy who has tangled himself in a bizarre web of legalities and personalities? If so, the weird media circus and odd characters that surround him are more paranormal than any aliens he purportedly interracted with.

I'm no expert on photography, nor aliens, nor alien psychology or physiology, so perhaps I'm speaking out of my ass when I say what I've seen so far of this alien footage just looks unreal, not fake exactly, just......something I can't quite put my finger on. One other poster here said "puppet-like" to paraphrase, and I agree.
Good show as usual!

exo_doc said:
I'm no expert on photography, nor aliens, nor alien psychology or physiology, so perhaps I'm speaking out of my ass when I say what I've seen so far of this alien footage just looks unreal, not fake exactly, just......something I can't quite put my finger on. One other poster here said "puppet-like" to paraphrase, and I agree.
Good show as usual!

Were you able to get the vids to work at his site? I've been wondering if they've been disabled.

I went to Stan site and I'm questioning the pseudo experts motives.Idon't believe in revelations and prophecies and one of the expert is manipulating one of Stan drawing to fit in with 2012 prophecy I feel like jumping off the boat and if the boat sink there will be only one loser,Stan.

louis belanger said:
I signed an NDA for 5 years after termination of the employ.Is 5 years period of time standard or the time could be variable ?

Not sure about the level of comparability, but all of the NDA's I've signed (in the software industry) have an expiration date of: NEVER :D

Some have been wanting the names of some scientists involved in the case. Dr. Jack Kasher is one it seems.
http://www.ufocongressstore.com/servlet/the-84/Stan-Romanek-Case-'An/Detail

A Stan vid.
http://photos1.ghostweb.com/romanek.html

I've seen another vid and stills of this redlight yrs ago and his cat seemed to take notice. If I can refind it, I'll post.

Found the old site I been mentioning. It's a lot different than it was yrs ago of course. Alot of stuff has been pulled that was freely available if memory serves.
http://www.neilslade.com/ufos.html

A series of vids/interviews dealing with Stan etc. First few is with a MUFON member that has been involved with Stan's case for a couple of years. He is not one of the initial investigators.
http://mikelclassen.wordpress.com/2008/05/30/jeff-peckman-stan-romanek-space-alien-video/

I listened to this yesterday, and I have to say Gene and David showed a lot of patience in dealing with someone so far beneath them intellectually. Man, this guy just sounds not so bright (not my original wording, but I decided to be nicer).
His naiveté is distressing and the fact he seems surrounded by wolves is even more distressing. It also makes me wonder if his mental state makes more out of his experiences than really happened. I guess we'll just have to judge solely by the evidence, whenever that comes out.

Thanks Paranormal Packrat for stuff you posted. I thought the video of the red light flying through the room was pretty interesting. And also, I have never seen you post so much in one thread before!:)

Brian Now said:
I listened to this yesterday, and I have to say Gene and David showed a lot of patience in dealing with someone so far beneath them intellectually. Man, this guy just sounds not so bright (not my original wording, but I decided to be nicer).
His naiveté is distressing and the fact he seems surrounded by wolves is even more distressing. It also makes me wonder if his mental state makes more out of his experiences than really happened. I guess we'll just have to judge solely by the evidence, whenever that comes out.

Thanks Paranormal Packrat for stuff you posted. I thought the video of the red light flying through the room was pretty interesting. And also, I have never seen you post so much in one thread before!:)

Funny, in one of the links above states he has a genius IQ. I don't know if this is true of course.

Hmm. Check the video threads like in cryptozoology forum, contactee, or ufo forums. Oh, and Ghosts. I post a lot there. What I do stay away from usually is back and forth prolonged debating or arguing, or major converting attempts. I got tired of that back in my usenet days. I seem to be the only one that's seen Stan's vids and know quite a bit about this case as it was before this Peckman crap etc. So I posted a bit more in depth in this thread than I would have normally. Oh, and I have been having problems with my computer when it comes to video games, so I've been reading and watching vids more than usual:)

This epsidode has certainly raised more questions than answers for me. My god what the hell is going on with Stan. He seems like a nice enough guy, however I get the impression that he's not the sharpest crayon in the box. Which in it's self is fine, I pass no judgement. I will say I find myself feeling a little pissed when I think that maybe he's being led by these Ass monkeys who may be taking what actually happened to Stan and trying to fullfill some selfish need of there own.
It seem very apparent that something is happening to people that can't be explained. Jeff Ritzman's story is a perfect example. He's very matter of fact on the entire subject and has not drawn himself into a corner or aligned himself with some questionable credibility.

With eyes wide open I have to wonder what if not money is the motivation for Peckman to real in Stan and to be pushing Colorado's system to hear and react to his demands? I tend to believe that there is something real under it all, the truth may not lie with Peckman or anyone else stinking up Stans porch, but as we all know there is something out there that we can't explain, I've seen things I still can't explain, but I'm not wiling to take advantage of anyone let alone exploit there encounters to create interest in a subject.

There is something about this story that I find compelling, yet I really can't put a finger on it. Some of the shit Stan was saying was just that "Cliche shit", yet I feel something happened to this poor guy. I won't be bringing him my computer anytime soon to have him work on it, but I would like to hear more and would like to hold him down on some answers.

Great show guys, I have to admit a few minutes into this and after seeing Stans "glitzy" website I thought this was going to be a train wreck,,,, in a respectfull way ( if such a thing exist ).

David, may I borrow your Eventide???????? I must agree the Eventide harmonizers are the best!

Allen

Back