• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 8, 2008 Stan Romanek

To paranormal packrat:I din't believe in UFO and abductions.Now I have a doubt since I listened to David and Jeff.I think they are honnest.but I have no proof ,it's a feeling or intuition but I'm still doubting.

louis belanger said:
To paranormal packrat:I din't believe in UFO and abductions.Now I have a doubt since I listened to David and Jeff.I think they are honnest.but I have no proof ,it's a feeling or intuition but I'm still doubting.

Ok. Very well.

To paranormal packrat: To answer your question directly I never read Jung's opinions about UFO I had no interest on that subject in the past but I will read them now that you mention it.

To paranormal packrat:You know ,having intuition doen't mean I can't think.I analyse everything with thinking first and when I can't get a clear answer I use my intuition.

louis belanger said:
To paranormal packrat:You know ,having intuition doen't mean I can't think.I analyse everything with thinking first and when I can't get a clear answer I use my intuition.

I don't recall saying it did. The fact I mentioned to use one's brain is proof I think people that use their intuition can also think. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't have mentioned it. Sounds like you agree with me then. You prefer using your head/mind and not intuition alone. Which was my point. Believe it or not, I do encounter people that don't put much thought into ufos and just go with their gut. My mother is one of them. She has the ability to think, she just doesn't use it much when dealing with the subject of ufos.

louis belanger said:
To paranormal packrat: To answer your question directly I never read Jung's opinions about UFO I had no interest on that subject in the past but I will read them now that you mention it.

K. Hope you enjoy it. I didn't care much for it.

OK, how about back to the original point.

I agree that we should not pick apart the video. But I have other concerns. If you look at his website and specifically the first of his equations, he says that there is a diagram of a helium atom "bombarding element 115". WHY oh god tell me WHY! This is eerily reminiscent of our that king of BS dealers, Bob Lazar.

So we are supposed to believe that Aliens gave him some secret wisdom where UnUnPentium(the realk name for element 115) is being smashed by a helium atom. UnUnPentium has a half-life of 87.5ms or 32ms depending on the isotope. But we are expected to believe that Aliens showed a diagram where they are throwing the second smallest atom possible (atomic weight of 2) at one of the heaviest. For what purpose? In mere miliseconds the UnUnPentium atom is going to burst apart, shedding electrons until it is stable. So what is possibly accomplished by smashing a much smaller atom into it?

Now, I am not a nuclear physicist, but I have taken a few classes on the subject and I feel pretty good about saying that there is NO usefulness to UnUnPentium other than a novelty for expanding the periodic table.

Your thoughts?

RonCollins said:
OK, how about back to the original point.

I agree that we should not pick apart the video. But I have other concerns. If you look at his website and specifically the first of his equations, he says that there is a diagram of a helium atom "bombarding element 115". WHY oh god tell me WHY! This is eerily reminiscent of our that king of BS dealers, Bob Lazar.

So we are supposed to believe that Aliens gave him some secret wisdom where UnUnPentium(the realk name for element 115) is being smashed by a helium atom. UnUnPentium has a half-life of 87.5ms or 32ms depending on the isotope. But we are expected to believe that Aliens showed a diagram where they are throwing the second smallest atom possible (atomic weight of 2) at one of the heaviest. For what purpose? In mere miliseconds the UnUnPentium atom is going to burst apart, shedding electrons until it is stable. So what is possibly accomplished by smashing a much smaller atom into it?

Now, I am not a nuclear physicist, but I have taken a few classes on the subject and I feel pretty good about saying that there is NO usefulness to UnUnPentium other than a novelty for expanding the periodic table.

Your thoughts?

Stan says that? I recall Stan not knowing what it meant. Others chimed in and said they knew however.

RonCollins said:
...I have other concerns. If you look at his website and specifically the first of his equations, he says that there is a diagram of a helium atom "bombarding element 115". WHY oh god tell me WHY! This is eerily reminiscent of our that king of BS dealers, Bob Lazar.

So we are supposed to believe that Aliens gave him some secret wisdom where UnUnPentium(the realk name for element 115) is being smashed by a helium atom.[?]

So, just for entertainment purposes (I'm not postulating this!):

Alien A and Alien B have picked up Stan and are busily rummaging through Stan's subconscious.

Alien A: "What the...? Look at this, Bjarlemak, there's a bunch of crap in here about Element 115 and some nerdy-looking guy working with a bunch of the old Model X32 disks!"

Alien B: "Are you kidding me?" [Looks]. "Dang, these humans will believe anything."

Alien A: "Hey, what if just for fun I plant the work we did with 115 in Chemistry pre-school back on MalzemaOmogon? They'll try to make some sense out it --- it'll be hilarious!"

Alien B: "What a great idea! We'll peep in on him in a year or so and see what giggles we can get."

Very funny stuff (at least inside my head). :D

CapnG said:
PS. I'm gonna call the Jim Sparks hotline and ask him what he thinks... Hey Jeremy, why aren't you charging $100 for consultations? You'd be set for life!

I don't do anything for less than a grand. I'm a whore but I'm not a cheap whore.

RonCollins said:
If you look at his website and specifically the first of his equations, he says that there is a diagram of a helium atom "bombarding element 115". WHY oh god tell me WHY! This is eerily reminiscent of our that king of BS dealers, Bob Lazar.

Sounds like someone's been doing some google searches. Isn't there something about the Drake equation in there as well? Ha ha. throw in a few generic gravity/mass equations.. oh yea grab something obvious from Schroedinger and Planck as well.. its all good!.

Needles to say, I don't buy the story at all, and for me the clincher is the "mysterious" equations are the sort of stereotypical, mundane things a person would find by poking around on wikipedia for a few hours. Chnage a few things around, add in a few cryptic markings and viola! you have Caret 2.0.

At least the Caret sillyness made an attempt to push the boundaries of scams and come up with something fresh (mysterious manipulator fields "operating" on sacred symbols that self assemble and "perform work").

I'm still waiting for an equation that actually describes something beyond the understanding of modern mathematics/physics, not drawings of "hypercubes" LOL..

That's the problem when you try to scam people using science (like Lazar) - It's very easy to fool the layperson with science mumbo-jumbo, but on the other hand it's very easy to call bullshit when the real scientific community experts step in and take a look.

valiens said:
CapnG said:
PS. I'm gonna call the Jim Sparks hotline and ask him what he thinks... Hey Jeremy, why aren't you charging $100 for consultations? You'd be set for life!

I don't do anything for less than a grand. I'm a whore but I'm not a cheap whore.

You do Micheal Jackson impersonations for free! No?

Paranormal Packrat said:
valiens said:
CapnG said:

They aren't free. They cost you time. You never get that time back.

valiens said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
valiens said:
CapnG said:

Sereda is building me a time machine.

Paranormal Packrat said:
valiens said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
valiens said:
CapnG said:

Sereda is building me a time machine.

Aaaaaand scene! That's too funny. You win.

I didn't read this whole thread, and pretty much skipped to the end, so apologies if I cover stuff that's already been hashed out.

I just listened to the episode. At first, I though Stan was a straightforward, matter of fact kind of guy. Then, the further the interview went, the more red flags popped up.

1) His constant referenced to people taking care of him, insulating him from the media or whatever, struck me as all wrong. Could he really be this simple? Could he really be willing to let anyone who claims to be an expert take control of his life?

2) He referenced "world reknowned" scientists, but didn't name them. In fact, he hinted at a lot of things--evidence, experts, etc., but he wouldn't get specific

3) If he only has a 4rth grad math equivalency, and can't even say "equivalency," then what kind of computer repair operation is he trying to startup? That makes no sense.

4) There's more, but put it all together and this adds up an uncredible account.

Stan comes off as a nice guy, and at first he even seems like one of those matter of fact people that make such great witnesses. But, his omissions and inuendo make his story invalid.

Finally, when looking at his website, this does not strike me as the site of a serious sort. Animated alien gifs, for one, make it seem like a hobbyist endeavor. He said someone put this site up for him since he did speeches, but they didn't do him any favors.

Scott Story said:
I didn't read this whole thread, and pretty much skipped to the end, so apologies if I cover stuff that's already been hashed out.

I just listened to the episode. At first, I though Stan was a straightforward, matter of fact kind of guy. Then, the further the interview went, the more red flags popped up.

1) His constant referenced to people taking care of him, insulating him from the media or whatever, struck me as all wrong. Could he really be this simple? Could he really be willing to let anyone who claims to be an expert take control of his life?

2) He referenced "world reknowned" scientists, but didn't name them. In fact, he hinted at a lot of things--evidence, experts, etc., but he wouldn't get specific

3) If he only has a 4rth grad math equivalency, and can't even say "equivalency," then what kind of computer repair operation is he trying to startup? That makes no sense.

4) There's more, but put it all together and this adds up an uncredible account.

Stan comes off as a nice guy, and at first he even seems like one of those matter of fact people that make such great witnesses. But, his omissions and inuendo make his story invalid.

Finally, when looking at his website, this does not strike me as the site of a serious sort. Animated alien gifs, for one, make it seem like a hobbyist endeavor. He said someone put this site up for him since he did speeches, but they didn't do him any favors.

1. Stan left the scene before due to harassment he says. I don't know if he's let "anyone" do as you say.

2. Did David ask for names and he cop out? I've only listened to half the show so far, will finish the rest in a day or two. Guess I'll find out then.

3. Depends what his position would be.

4. It doesn't explain the available evidence, and what of the multiple witness accounts? Anyone care to pick a part his pics and vids? Has anyone been able to watch the vids at his site?

Stan's first site was done by someone else too.

I just found the key to the whole mystery! It's hidden at the very bottom of the "Picture & Video Timeline" section. And I quote:

"For information not allowed to be shown on this website look forward to both a documentary feature film and a nonfiction book about Stan Romanek's life story, to be released soon."

Do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around--Aaaaaand that's what it's all about!

Back