• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 17, 2012: A.D. After Disclosure

@Trained - yes well, no. You could never now trust anything said by authorities who have known for ages. I have zero doubt they have more data but I don't think they have anywhere near all the answers.

@Sandanfire - you made me remember lyrics from an English musician aka 'The Streets', who when singing about someone about to have a fight with a stranger in public warns 'Think. It's never gonna be the Jackie Chan scene you thought it would be.' That is precisely how things usually turn out in real fights compared to what we imagine in our heads.

I do understand your point and my quote above illustrates that we can indeed be convinced something will affect us a certain way but we can in actuality never be sure until it happens. I suppose the reason I so strongly believe I will be ok with some kind of truth to the UFO situation, is that generally I am considered very mild mannered and someone who is calm under pressure. I don't seem to be affected by deaths or bad news the same as most of the people I know but the ultimate reason I think I would be fine is that I don't really have a personal paradigm or world view to change. I am not heavily invested in skepticism or belief in UFOs and the paranormal, nor am I religious. There is no castle to pull down as it has never been built.

Something that would shatter me is to find out for instance that everything in the Bible is the literal truth! Cuckoo's nest here I come!

I just don't care what the truth is. I absolutely can guarantee whatever it is I wont go mad. Can that be said for those 100% sure of their place in the universe? I doubt it, even though that annoys me a lot.

Personally I feel the same as you, but the thing is; it's not just about you or me. It's about the consequences for other people. Should the truth just be barfed out there regardless of the consequences for them? As soon as any major government announces that UFOs are real, you're going to have conspiracy theorists claiming it's proof that the world is run by Reptilians, and then people are going to want proof that isn't really happening. How well do you think that would go over? It was bad enough for Obama just dealing with the issue of his citizenship. Imagine having world leaders having to prove they are actually human. It's funny but don't laugh. Between that and everything else, disclosure could seriously destabilize an already fragile political situation leading to unforeseen negative consequences for people who before disclosure could have cared less. So "No". We can't just barf the truth out there without some serious preparation, and right now we've got more pressing problems for our governments to deal with.

If people are that stupid or scared then they deserve whatever they get. I'll go along for the ride whether it's good or not. I just cannot stand being nannied cos the majority of the public are either stupid, ignorant or just too lazy to try and find anything out for themselves.

I felt the same way when I was 12 and really into movies like Friday 13th and I could not understand why I was not allowed to rent the videos. I have found that people who get really freaked out by horror movies tend to avoid them!

If the public at large is unable to handle some truth without going crazy then maybe we are a race that does not deserve to be part of a larger galactic community?

Nothing annoys me as much as having to worry about the ignorant majority. The same majority that make shite like 'American Idol' a top show on Saturday night etc - they could do with an alien invasion to shake them up a bit!

Rant over.

Back