• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 17, 2012: A.D. After Disclosure

wwkirk

Paranormal Adept
A captivating conversation.

What was not discussed in sufficient depth was the degree of knowledge possessed by the "secret keepers". I suspect they don't know all that much.

Another point to note is that IF there "others" visiting us, they must be interested in maintaining secrecy, otherwise they would reveal themselves in an inescapable public way.

It made me more interested in the implications of disclosure than I have been for quite a while. As to what "they" know, where we'd all be talking through our hats on that one. It's possible to speculate on the impact to society, religion, industry, etc., with reasonable certainty that things could go that way.

Good show, I disagree with the point that religious folks would be all good with the realization that we are not alone in the universe. I don't think it fits into Abrahamic religion's world view. People like to say they would be cool with the fact, but lets be honest most of us on these very forums would struggle with a paradigm shift of that magnitude, and we for the most part want to believe or already do. But lets not mistake belief and knowing, these are two different things.

An excellent show, Thanks for putting it together, but i too felt the conversation was just getting started when time ran out, i hope to see these guys back again soon.

And i agree about the religious aspect, its all very well for the religious to say well there is room in gods creation for ET, But what if ET says there is no god, weve been from one side of the universe to the other, our zillion year old science can explain everything, and sorry folks thats just a local superstition, no basis at all for it as fact..........
Or worse, we created you.....

People who have been brainwashed since birth into embracing with all their heart and soul the local superstition, will reject that testimony.
History is choc a bloc full of examples of what happens next, it aint pretty.

WARNING the following video is graphic and sickening, its an example how how some religious people have acted when their faith is threatened, DONT click on the link unless you have a strong stomach, But it illustrates how some humans will react to things that are different to that which they hold as religious truth. If this is how members of the same species and even the same core religion react to conflicting ideas..........

The video shows Sunni muslims attacking a rival Ahmadiyah muslim sect

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=61f_1297089677

And another example

Muslims Kill Christians in Ambon Indonesia

If i were ET i would wait until the target species outgrew their superstitions in their own time, i would not want to break the news to them thats for sure.
It may have the exact opposite effect, and intensify and entrench that belief system.

Better to give them science and let them figure it out for themselves.

The fact that so many fundamentalists have chosen to outright reject scientific fact in favor of superstitious nonsense like man and dinosaurs living on an only 6,000 year old Earth goes to show that even if we do figure out the answers for ourselves, portions of society may choose to reject it anyway. A good example of this is the fact that the Arab world was once a leader in the field of Mathematics and Astronomy, until they decided at some point that it would be better to live in ignorance and retain their traditions and religious beliefs as opposed to moving into the future with the rest of the world. Currently, there are many sects of American society that would be just fine with leaving scientific progress behind in favor of a religious theocracy. Personally, nothing scares me more.

On the bright side, as time goes on, more and more of these fundamentalist cretins will die out and their children, hopefully, will have grown up in a world where science has continued to provide answers to the big questions in ways that their antiquated belief systems never could, and they will reject the beliefs of their parents and fundamentalism as a whole will die a slow and painful death at the feet of progress. The only religions that survive will be the one's that have chosen to co-opt science fact instead of rejecting it out of hand. At least that's what I'm hoping will happen, the alternative to this is shown in Mike's videos and it's not pretty but that could be us someday if we let certain elements of our society determine our destiny.

A captivating conversation.

What was not discussed in sufficient depth was the degree of knowledge possessed by the "secret keepers". I suspect they don't know all that much.

Another point to note is that IF there "others" visiting us, they must be interested in maintaining secrecy, otherwise they would reveal themselves in an inescapable public way.

One of the possible answers ive been giving thought to as to why they might not is the post biological hypothesis

"I think it very likely -in fact inevitable-that biological intelligence is only a transitory phenomenon, a fleeting phase in the evolution of intelligence in the universe."

Paul Davies -acclaimed physicist, cosmologist, and astrobiologist at Arizona State University."​

The Biological Universe (Dick 1996) analysed the history of the extraterrestrial life debate, documenting how scientists have assessed the chances of life beyond Earth during the 20th century. Here I propose another option – that we may in fact live in a postbiological universe, one that has evolved beyond flesh and blood intelligence to artificial intelligence that is a product of cultural rather than biological evolution. MacGowan & Ordway (1966), Davies (1995) and Shostak (1998), among others, have broached the subject, but the argument has not been given the attention it is due, nor has it been carried to its logical conclusion. This paper argues for the necessity of long-term thinking when contemplating the problem of intelligence in the universe. It provides arguments for a postbiological universe, based on the likely age and lifetimes of technological civilizations and the overriding importance of cultural evolution as an element of cosmic evolution. And it describes the general nature of a postbiological universe and its implications for the search for extraterrestrial intelligence.

If the universal trend is towards post biological intellect, then the expression "primitive humans" may not refer to our technology or culture, but the fact that we are still biologicals.

It would be like a frog, trying to disclose to a tadpole what its like to have legs and walk on land.
Simply not possible, and the tadpole will find out in its own time anyway

On the question of how religion will react to disclosure, I think it will vary widely depending on the particular religion. I am especially familiar with the Hindu religious tradition which acknowledges that the universe is teeming with inhabited worlds. The beings of these worlds are held to range from benevolent to neutral to hostile. So for this tradition, I think disclosure would not raise any difficulties.

On the whole, the Abrahamic traditions have a different orientation. But I've heard that the Vatican officially acknowledges the possibility of extraterrestrial life.

On the question of how religion will react to disclosure, I think it will vary widely depending on the particular religion. I am especially familiar with the Hindu religious tradition which acknowledges that the universe is teeming with inhabited worlds. The beings of these worlds are held to range from benevolent to neutral to hostile. So for this tradition, I think disclosure would not raise any difficulties.

On the whole, the Abrahamic traditions have a different orientation. But I've heard that the Vatican officially acknowledges the possibility of extraterrestrial life.

As said its easy enough for local religions to believe in aliens

Vatican Prepares for ET: Can Religions Survive UFO Reality? « Bodhi Thunder

Father Funes, the Director of the Vatican Observatory, believes that the existence of Aliens would not be a contradiction with the Vatican faith.
This has created a bit of uproar among the faithful. But Funes says that if ET exists they are God’s creatures.

It seems to me the Vatican’s new openness to the possibility of ET and the Vatican sponsored Astrobiology Conference where extra-terrestrial life was discussed, is a beginning acknowledgment of the Alien reality.

The Catholic Church would obviously have deep connections within government and intelligence agencies. They also have their own observatories. The Church would certainly be aware of the overwhelming number of reports and data collected regarding UFOs around the world.

From a business perspective, it would seem just good sense to be prepared for the inevitable. At some point, the existence of an Alien UFO reality will become acknowledged by nearly all of the world’s population (with or without government disclosure).

The Vatican is right to prepare for such an understanding.

But such an understanding would certainly make for a drastic change in the way humanity views religion and spirituality. I am not sure if any traditional religion can be fully equipped to handle that shift in awareness.

Some, like traditional, fundamentalist sects of the various religions will portray, as they are doing now, the Aliens as demons. Others, like the more open minded religious sects, will work to incorporate the ET reality into their understanding without demonizing it.

Still I believe that an eventual understanding of the Alien reality will make for a transformation in understanding that few religions will be able to survive against. In short, humanity is already coming to a broader awareness of the universe and its life. Religion and spirituality has begun to transform from that understanding. The revolution in quantum physics and what that means for reality, the truth of humanity’s interconnectedness and familial relationship with all of the animals, plants, and life of the earth, plus rapid technological innovation will mean that present religious understanding will have to radically transform or face a type of evolutionary extinction.

The religions of Buddhism and Hinduism are in a better position to survive this transformation in human consciousness, since much of their understanding entails it. But no spirituality or religion will be immune from the consequences of this radical shift in consciousness that will soon arrive. Perhaps this expanded consciousness will ultimately be the Aliens’ gift to humanity.

The trouble is, what if the aliens dont believe in the local religions.

Its one thing for the vatican to say we accept the existance of aliens, what if the aliens say we dont accept the existance of god.

If they confirm Hawking

Stephen Hawking: God was not needed to create the Universe

The Big Bang was the result of the inevitable laws of physics and did not need God to spark the creation of the Universe, Stephen Hawking has concluded

And say The truth is it can all be explained as the result of the inevitable laws of physics , and we have never found any evidence of your god, or that of the myriad other gods dreamed up on any number of inhabited planets

That creator myths are the product of ignorance , intellectual place holders until a species develops the science and technology to properly understand how the universe came into being.

Accepting that and giving up the myth will be impossible for many.

If this

Former American President Dwight D Eisenhower had three secret meetings with aliens from another planet, a former US government consultant has claimed.

The 34th President of the United States met the extraterrestrials at a remote air base in New Mexico in 1954, according to lecturer and author Timothy Good.

Eisenhower and other FBI officials are said to have organized the showdown with the space creatures by sending out 'telepathic messages'. The two parties finally met up on three separate occasions at the Holloman Air Force base and there were 'many witnesses', it is claimed.

Did happen, you can bet one of the questions asked was does god exist, if the answer was the same as hawkings....... then thats as good a reason as any why disclosure hasnt taken place.

Imagine para-sailing onto this building during the hajj

mecca-saudi-arabia-6.jpg

And proclaiming Allah is not real, mohamed was just a man, and islam is an empty superstition.........

Even as a member of their own species, the crowd would tear you to bits........
Would an alien species fare any different ?, i doubt it

Even in the west an ET embassy would if they disclosed that god was a myth, be subject to the same bombings as abortion clinics by radical fundies.

Religion might be ready to accept ET, but only as long as ET accepts religion.
If ET rejects religion as superstitious nonsense........ religion will reject ET as demonic deceivers

Religion wont handle disclosure if Disclosure is

"ET is real, god is not"

But imo thats the more likely scenario we face

How do you tell your child that santa isnt real ?

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Either
A) Let them figure it out on their own.

B) Don't teach them the Santa lie in the first place.

In one sense you discussion Mike takes things a bit further than what A.D. is about. Its just about the revelation of of the existence of aliens, not about our interaction with the aliens themselves. So to this smaller question, I don't see any area of concern except for the most narrow minded. Disclosure by itself doesn't have to mean we start rubbing shoulders with aliens.

As for what the aliens may say. That's a different question altogether. And its equally possible for the aliens to have their own religion or even to be agnostic, or to confirm one or more local religions. But how we might react to the aliens themselves is part of a larger question that was discussed in another thread: what would the impact be of contacting a superior civilization? The answer is that every institution would come under challenge, as well as all aspects of culture and social organization. We would have a big brother to look up to and may try to model ourselves after them. Religion wouldn't be the only thing affected.

There's one more point I made in my opening post which is that the aliens (if they have really been coming here) clearly don't want to publicize themselves. They seem to have a hands off policy. Maybe its because of a prime directive, or there could be some other reason. So they may decide to be very cautious in what they tell us which would continue the pattern they've had up until now (again, assuming that they have really been coming here).

It is my opinion that the tag team of Zable and Dolan left much to be desired, as Mr. Zable, in the hope of “rebooting” his defunct series, (Dark Skies), kept Mr. Dolan in line as to make sure that the “ET hype” was not washed out of the speak. Mr. Zable complains about having his “Dark Skies” name taken, and used by someone else for another program, but is more than willing to take Mr. Bigelow’s idea of “confirmation,” spinning it into his very own definition, which is totally contrary to Mr. Bigelow’s. Quite amusing I found Mr. Zable comparing their research to the Rand Corporation's think tank. As the Rand Corporation uses PhD’s in theology, physics, economics, psychology, just to name a few of the disciplines. Mr. Dolan on the other hand spoke to every conceivable, paranoid conspiracy theory, attempting to cram, slam, ram, and jam, ten pounds of hype into a five-pound bag. Taking a shot of bourbon, at the mention of each paranoid conspiracy theory laid out by Mr. Dolan, I would suggest that one may be properly anesthetized as to endure the balance of this show. From Aztec to JFK, JFK Jr., Marilyn Monroe, Roswell, Truman, not to mention Velcro, no stone was left unturned. When visiting the Inception Radio Network website I found a lengthy comment criticizing Mr. Dolan for his less than informed opinion of the Stephenville event among other misspeak, written by Mr. Robert Powell, MUFON’s director of research. However, the debate is unavailable for download. Mr. Zable and Dolan spun a fanciful yarn of what ifs, however if these were to be based in reality, I would have to suggest that they are long shots, and the odds are with the house.

This is a personal point of view. I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I believe that most religious people can accept ET just fine, even fundamentalists. Some fundamentalists may think of ET in terms of demons, but they are nuts. They are already nuts. If ET shows up, they'll still be nuts. Nothing will have changed. They are not going to be able to do anything about it anyway. I don't see why we have to concern ourselves with them. After all, they're nuts.

Second, the idea of ET, i.e.: "aliens from space," is embedded in our culture. It's in the movies. It's in the jokes. It's even in the forums! The basic idea that "UFOs are piloted by aliens from space" is a meme shared by everyone, whether or not they believe it. It's not the fundamentalists that would be blown away if ET landed, it's the skeptics, who would have to eat a lot of crow. Frankly, I'd like to see that happen, but that's because I'm an evil person who would enjoy their humiliation.

Third, ET is not going to come down here and say "There is no God." Either they don't know any more than we do about the nature of "God," or they actually DO know, but they don't know there is no God. Guaranteed; it's the nature of the beast.

Fourth, ET is not going to come down here and say, "Actually, we made you." Because they didn't. They may have tweaked us such as in Kulbrick's "2001" but they didn't "make" us and we're not originally from outer space. Technically we are because the elements that make up our bodies originated in outer space, but we did not evolve elsewhere. We evolved here. The fossil evidence is clear. The DNA evidence is clear. There is no missing link. Hyperbole and sensationalism aside, every single find in the last 150 years has fit neatly into the jigsaw pizzle. There aren't any contradictions.

So here we are, a space-faring culture in our own minds. The idea of aliens from space fits our conceot of reality. We do have a wee bit of a problem with the speed of light, but, Hey! No problem! We just invent "warp drive" to get around it. We believe! Even skeptics have to deal with it. They say, "There's no such thing as ET." But they still have to say it: "ET." It's in their belief structure, too.

But what if "ET" is not "from space"? What if the presence of ET means something far different, something so outlandish that it does not fit our concept of reality? What if ET's presence was so bizzare that it completely upset our notions of who we are and how reality is constructed? We think we know what reality is. We think we've got a pretty good notion of how the Universe is constructed. We've got Newtonian Mechanics down cold. We can do anything at all with electricity. We're exploring string theory and branes, quantum mechanics, and relativity and yeah! Some of that stuff is a little weird, but the thing is, it's explainable. People like Stephen Hawkings and Carl Sagan can explain it to us, even if we can't personally do the math.

But what if ET said something like this: "This is our planet, too. We live in a different dimension than you do because our vibration is different. We've learned to traverse dimensions so we can be in yours, too, but really, we're sitting right next to you on that couch. We're as close as your TV set. The fact is, humans do survive death and go to the next dimension where they meet up with other souls. You reincarnate constantly. We help that process. In fact, we control it. Your body is a container for your soul, and you know what? Your personality is irrelevant. It goes away. What you think is you is not you at all. We're in charge and we don't care much what you think about that. Our technology is so advanced that it seems like magic to you."

We could go on, but the point is that this view of reality does not match our current meme at all. It's far different, far more challenging, and far scarier than the normal idea of ETs from space. If this is correct, then ETs aren't ETs. We are that amount of wrong. If THAT'S the secret, no wonder they don;t want to tell us. As far as After Disclosure? It's a lot of speculation and hot air.

It seems like no matter what label, wig, or spin you want to put on the appearance of technologically advanced non-humans the event has to shock human civilization at every level in unimaginable ways. No matter how prepared we may appear to be through science fiction, speculation, and religion the actual appearance of technology wielding non-humans will probably eclipse all of our attempts to imagine it. I suspect it will be similar to how we could not effectively imagine the impact of any significant event (think the advent of nuclear power, the Internet, the murder of an Archduke) on world economies and individual lives in the past.

Actual Disclosure of the existence of a non-human technological civilization will cause us to reassess and redress practically everything we think we know as history careens off the course we've plotted for it. I'm thinking the spectrum of reaction would span from suicide at the news to religious worship of the beings themselves and their culture. Ignorance, fear, and greed (efforts to exploit the situation) will undoubtedly play their customary roles as individuals, corporations, and nations come to grips with the new reality.

I cannot help but think though that the fact that it has not happened by now indicates that they have no intention of allowing it to happen. They have no need for it apparently. At least not in the way we are thinking about it. Perhaps reality is constructed in such a way that it cannot happen. Perhaps the physics only allows us to peer through the glass, darkly and prevents the interaction we would imagine must eventually happen. Maybe this is all we can get: Fuzzy points of light, nightmares, and unanswerable questions.

Just a little bit of 2 cents; are we sure the alien's even care about us at all? I mean sure, we're the most evolved species on the planet but maybe they're here for the microbiological life and they avoid the more dangerous beings, i.e. us, as much as possible. Of course this line of thinking dispels the idea that governments have been in cahoots with aliens for several decades and that aliens 'work' with us on any level but I also see it as a degree of arrogance that the aliens "could only" come to Earth to interact with us humans as it's been assumed in the past.

For all we know the aliens may see us as dangerous, emotionally charged beings bent on things as immaterial as belief and divinity. As was pointed out in this thread perhaps aliens have evolved past these primitive aspects...or never experienced them in the history of their species anyway. Contrary to the idea that a species sufficiently advanced enough to obtain space travel would also have a massive war-machine, it's possible that these beings may not be violently-inclined at all. Indeed they may be incapable of effectively defending themselves against a violent species such as our own and, therefore are reliant on their technology for avoidance and evasiveness...as we've all heard-tale of flying saucers and other supposed-ET craft out maneuvering our best jets with our most ace pilots at the stick, or even shutting down our most advanced (nuclear) weapons systems, in defense.

What this leads to is this; in the discussion of disclosure where you have the three parties Rich chalked off...those who want to know, those who do know, and the aliens who are known about..., only those who do know would be able to disclose this information. The aliens won't because, frankly, they may not give two turds about us humans outside of the fact that we're hostile, aggressive, and should be avoided. With that in mind these secret-keepers have little to no incentive to disclose and as a result, I simply (still) do not see it happening.

Peace.

J.

Quite a few people have brought up Hawking's comments regarding first contact of alien life, but I see his words a bit differently. Oh sure, they were negative, but I think he was not just talking about a social or militarialistic view, I think he was also talking about a biological view. Small-pox infections transmitted from the European settlers to the American Indians, for instance. Contact with a biological entity from another evolutionary environment would have no-end of danger...or it may not have any danger at all as we may be so different that our normal flora may not even interact with one another. Regardless it would be just one aspect we.....and they...would need to watch out for in case contact would bring illness and death between one or both of the species.

Contrary to the idea that a species sufficiently advanced enough to obtain space travel would also have a massive war-machine, it's possible that these beings may not be violently-inclined at all. Indeed they may be incapable of effectively defending themselves against a violent species such as our own and, therefore are reliant on their technology for avoidance and evasiveness...as we've all heard-tale of flying saucers and other supposed-ET craft out maneuvering our best jets with our most ace pilots at the stick, or even shutting down our most advanced (nuclear) weapons systems, in defense.

I forget his name, but this reminds me of the incident where the fellow tied himself to a tree and fought off the aliens with a bow and arrows. Those aliens seemed quite unprepared for combat. They also did not seem to be primarily interested in humans as the encounter came about by accident.

Fourth, ET is not going to come down here and say, "Actually, we made you." Because they didn't. They may have tweaked us such as in Kulbrick's "2001" but they didn't "make" us and we're not originally from outer space. Technically we are because the elements that make up our bodies originated in outer space, but we did not evolve elsewhere. We evolved here. The fossil evidence is clear. The DNA evidence is clear. There is no missing link. Hyperbole and sensationalism aside, every single find in the last 150 years has fit neatly into the jigsaw pizzle. There aren't any contradictions.

I think its important not to deal in absolutes when discussing hypotheticals.
We cant really say if they did or didnt.

For example What if Their civilisation predates the last big bang, ducking out of linear time during the fireworks and emerging back into spacetime when the smoke cleared.
They could conceivably have watched our sun form , and seeded the building blocks of life on the planets most likely to nurture them into biological products.

In the tweak scenario we need to define "us", were we to uplift chimps here ,give them the sentience gene, they would be a new species remarkably different to the orginal species from which they were created.

Biological uplift describes the act of biologically enhancing nonhuman animals and integrating them into human and/or posthuman society. There is no reason to believe that we won’t some day be able to do so; the same technologies that will someday work to augment the human species could also be applied to other animals. The big questions now have to do with whether or not we should embark on such a project and how we could do so in an ethical and responsible manner.

Sentient Developments: Will we "uplift" animals to sapiency?

Would it then be fair to say "we made them" ?

Certainly the process is one of tweaking an existing bio-mechanism, but could we not claim authorship of the resulting sentient product.
When one throws a pot on the potters wheel, does the potter "make" the pot, or simply tweak the clay.....................

Thats two hypothetical scenarios where they may make the claim "we made you"

If we look at the language we ourselves use.....
Scientists "create" glow in the dark cats
Scientists create glow-in-the-dark cats | News Blogs - CNET News

Transgenic sheep and goats have been "produced"
Transgenic Animals

To "create" a new set of genes
Genetically modified organism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even with our own efforts to "tweak" life, we use the language of ownership of the new product.

So if we ourselves can make the claim that we "made" an organism
BBC News - 'Artificial life' breakthrough announced by scientists

It is using our own logic and language possible they might make the same claim about us.

Which brings us back to religion again, If they do make that claim, that they made us from the local bio-resources, giving us the sentience gene.
Are they our creator "gods" ?

The "we made you" theme is a common one within the genre, its a valid consideration imo.

And if, again its only an if, i think its sensible to avoid absolutes in this discussion thats what happened.
How would existing religions handle it, would they embrace the clarification as to our origins, or reject it in favour of traditional notions ?

Again purely hypothetical, but imagine a conversation at first contact

Pres Eisenhower: "so does god exist ?"
ET representative: "what is god ?"
PE:" god, the one who created the universe and mankind"
ETR: "weve never found any such entity in our vast travels, and we created you"

Disclose that ?, i'd be very surprised

And of course the other scenario ive posited which might explain the elusive factor, is the synthetic intelligence hypothesis.

If "they" are synthetic intellect, or machine intelligence, then that which is being created in its image, may not be biological at all.
The logical way for a machine intelligence to breed so to speak, would not be to simply copy its physical architecture. That would just be a copy. Conversations in the mirror can be quite predictable in nature

It might simply recreate the same conditions that saw its own inception. Find a species of biologicals with similar potential to the ones that created it,(or if you have plenty of time, seed an appropriate planet with your biological progenitors DNA) tweak them as needed and let them create a brand new synthetic intellect of their own design.
This would create a unique new SI, with the "flavour" of the biologicals that built it.
We may simply be the factory workers, not the desired product being created

but i too felt the conversation was just getting started when time ran out

what im going to say now is not an "attack" on the hosts, i love the show, and i dont know how they could do things differently but im going give my 2 cents anyways

problems with radioshows these days ( maybe forever, im kinda new to it ) is that everyone wants something in return for appearing, on radio thats usually plugging a book. What sadly happens tho, is that they plug the book to such an extent that it ruins the show, and even when they finally go into talking about the actual CONTENT of the book they dont want to give too much ( anything ) away so that people will still buy it. They will also constantly derail conversation to talk about the book and not about the content and/or topic.
Suffice to say that doesnt leave much room for new interresting conversations.
Most of what guests are saying is like , and im paraphrasing , " ive interview'd two state officials about this , and all thats in my book, where they talk in extent about real hidden crafts" . So , sadly we are left with the beaten to death eisenhover and reagan quotes etc.

in short, i feel like its mostly talking AROUND a topic and not about it.

How do you think you would react to Disclosure? I think I would lose some sleep. I think I would be equally excited and terrified for some period of time before the 24/7 Aliens are Here! media blitz desensitizes me to their presence. The dangers presented to the future of human civilization by the appearance of a non-human technological civilization here on Earth would be at the forefront of my mind I think, not that I would be able to do anything about those dangers other than to just wait and see. I believe that I, like many others, would become students of the ongoing event to the point of absolute distraction.

Back