• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 4, 2010 Episode - Walter Bosley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walter asked me if he could clarify anything he said on an earlier show and I do have a question.

@DECKER

So what do you mean when you say you don't buy something someone is saying?

Lance

Well Lance it means that I disagree with something not that I think the guy is lying to me. For example lets say a guy tells me he loves bungee jumping off a 200 ft high bridge (above water) cause its FUN! My answer is it ain't fun Pal, its nuts. Understand? Or lets say a guy tells me he joined the Klu Klux Klan cause they have the right idea for America. My attitude is the guy is a freaken bigot and he is full of shit .... not necessarily that the guy is lying to me. Jeeze Lance ... do I really have to explain it to you?

Decker
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

You could have just said "I don't believe him!" and left it at that. You obviously couldn't discuss his claims in a rational and polite manner, you had let your obvious disbelief in the paranormal & UFOs spill out and attack him like a schoolyard bully. It's one thing to be sceptical and doubtful but quite another to be rude and direspectful about it.

And to boot you decide to insult Greg Bishop & Gene.
I feel sorry for the aforementioned hosts, not providing you with a lancemoody style podcast that specifically caters for your brand of sceptodebunkery. I suppose Greg should have just come right out and called Walter a liar on the show and Gene should have just hung up on him after about 5 minutes.

Originally posted by lancemoody.Hmm... if my earlier comments above are close to bannable offenses then discussing things here is a lot more tricky than I imagined.
The problem is that you weren't discussing anything. You were just making fun of the Hosts and the guests in your usual patronising, pathetic, insulting manner. You deserve to be banned for those reasons alone.
You seem to have no other reason to be here other than to act as a pontificating troll.

Originally posted by lancemoody. I can be pretty dense!
But I think a lot of people (like Long John Nebel, for instance: he frequently said he didn't buy a word of what a guest said) mean that they think the person is making shit up when they use that phrase.
My take on Bosley is that while I can't prove that he is lying (for the most part he didn't claim stuff that was provable either way), I do think that he was inflating things and spinning them. Above, I bring up one claim that strikes me as dubious (or at the very least cockamamie).
If you can't prove that he is lying then why accuse him of doing so?

I think this thread has run its course. If any more discussion needs to take place on the matter of Mr. Bosley's credibility I ask that it be handled via Private Message. If someone wants to create a new thread containing a civil debate on the subject matter itself then that is fine. But no more discussion of his credibility via the public forum will be allowed.

Also, though we may have differences of opinion on various subject matter I would hope that we keep a large degree of mutual respect. Threads which see members showing each other continued disrespect will be closed in similar fashion and if flagrant, other action will be taken. If anyone has issue with this decision please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back