• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 19th, 2009 - Christopher O'Brien

ondafritz

Skilled Investigator
So I assume this guy walks on water too?
And, of course, being taught by Linda Howe to be a researcher means that, by golly, we will have this UFO thing figured out by my tee time Wednesday.

Gene and Dave, you have had some pretty interesting shows and guests the past few weeks, but Christopher O' Brien was a new high point. He seems to have been involved in so much high strangeness that it almost begs to have him make another guest appearance soon.

What I like most about Chris was how open he was. He wasn't afraid to call a spade a spade, as he said in this episode. There just didn't seem to be enough time to cover any one specific topic with him. I find that a mark of a great guest. Thanks for having him on the Paracast.

That guy Chis is walking in the footsteps of John Keel.

It's super relevant that he was the guest on the follow up to the 3-hour *wake* from last week.

Read this guys two books. If there was a frenetic energy to the guy, it's in his writing too - - - and in his experiences as an investigator.

This guy has a good take on this very strange subject. Huge thanks for having him on as a guest...

Mike Clelland!

Great guest guys,

Really enjoyed this show, (listened twice already). As DaveM has mentioned, Chris's open and frank approach are very much appreciated. Glad you have found another
good researcher with at least one foot on the ground.

The thing about science and philosophy was of interest to me and his view of us all being like synapses in some enormous brain is something I have thought for some time. Also thanks Chris for telling of your dealings with Bill Birnes. Made things a bit clearer there.
I think I will have to get his latest book, and I hope you have him on again soon.

Thanks,

Mark

Almost half way through, another interesting show. Chris's childhood story about the beings holding wands reminds of none than........... Dorothy Izzatt's story from the book that was written about her. Same thing, basically a grey holding some type of wand, although the wand was elaborated on a bit more in her book.

The cattle mutilation stuff I've heard so far is great, much different than what you normally hear. I think a gov agency checking on diseases is entirely possible and would explain the helicopter. If that is true, although that is totally f'd up, kind of makes me laugh. Total bureaucracy! instead of just asking local farmers if they can do some tests they slip in when no one is looking and helicopter cows to mutiliate and then replace them, perhaps in the name of not creating a mass craze and using the legit phenomena as a cover???? WTF?

The fact the beings Chris saw as a kid were almost 2 d, is really weird, at surface level makes me think they were literally 2 d or projections of some type.

I've never had a paranormal experience.. now I feel left out after listening to the show.

The 2D aliens was creepy...sounds similar to "shadow people" wonder if there is a connection. I thought Dave was going to ask Chris if that whole episode might not have been a night terror/sleep walking incident.

Thank you all for tuning in and for everyone's kind words. I enjoyed Gene and David's reparte and look forward to a return engagement.

As to the "walking on water" snide aside—ondafritz, I'm still taking lessons and will be giving workshops soon—I'll let you know. And about Linda Howe. Let me put it this way: you can say what you will about Linda but you can't say she is NOT a top-notch field investigator who really knows how it should be done. Of course, she and I disagree on many issues and I question her conclusions on a variety of subjects, but I am grateful that she took the time to teach me several investigative techniques that I still use today. BTW: when was the last time you got out of your armchair and conducted a field-investigation? Please share your expertise with the class so we can better ourselves and work together more efficiently. A friendly suggestion: if you are truly ondafritz, perhaps you should see a mechanic or someone to help you fix the problem.

Thank you all for tuning in and for everyone's kind words. I enjoyed Gene and David's reparte and look forward to a return engagement.

As to the "walking on water" snide aside—ondafritz, I'm still taking lessons and will be giving workshops soon—I'll let you know. And about Linda Howe. Let me put it this way: you can say what you will about Linda but you can't say she is NOT a top-notch field investigator who really knows how it should be done. Of course, she and I disagree on many issues and I question her conclusions on a variety of subjects, but I am grateful that she took the time to teach me several investigative techniques that I still use today. BTW: when was the last time you got out of your armchair and conducted a field-investigation? Please share your expertise with the class so we can better ourselves and work together more efficiently. A friendly suggestion: if you are truly ondafritz, perhaps you should see a mechanic or someone to help you fix the problem.

It takes me a while to fall in love with people. I don't buy anybody in this field the first time I hear them.
My remarks were made early in the show when I thought you were being a bit smug. Just my opinion at that point and I may be wrong. If so, my apologies.

I still don't like Ms. Howe though. And that's not likely to change.

Best wishes.

Yet another fascinating show and yet another quality guest.
I think Mr O'Brien mentioned video footage taken during investigations in the San Luis valley. Are any video clips available at the Our Strange Planet website? I saw photos but no video.
Just wondering.
Thanks.

Indeed another great guest and show. Had to listen twice, since so much was discussed that I forgot parts from early in the show. The trickster take on things is interesting. Can't wait to hear Mr. O'Brien on the show again. And that is a truly strange video on his website as the weekly featured story!

no problem, I agree with you, it takes me awhile to warm up to someone who comes across in the manner that I do :) having said this, I am not a big Linda Howe fan. Having the knowledge and skills out in the field is one thing, using them to gather data; analyze it properly and then arrive at logical conclusions is something else entirely. Many in this morass called "ufology" arrive at conclusions and then fixate on them—they then become shut down to other possibilities that don't conform to their foregone conclusions that they have become invested in. IMHO, we owe it to ourselves to remain as open-minded and objective as humanly possible exploring this realm of weirdness.

no problem, I agree with you, it takes me awhile to warm up to someone who comes across in the manner that I do :) having said this, I am not a big Linda Howe fan. Having the knowledge and skills out in the field is one thing, using them to gather data; analyze it properly and then arrive at logical conclusions is something else entirely. Many in this morass called "ufology" arrive at conclusions and then fixate on them—they then become shut down to other possibilities that don't conform to their foregone conclusions that they have become invested in. IMHO, we owe it to ourselves to remain as open-minded and objective as humanly possible exploring this realm of weirdness.

And with that I certainly agree! I look forward to getting to know you and your work better.

The thing is Chris is I am this Joe 6 pack trying to learn about a very interesting subject that this is. And I get very frustrated because the more I think I learn the less it all makes sense.

Great guest. That video posted on Christopher's website of the ufo emitting other little ufos is quite strange indeed.
Chris, your childhood story creeped me out man! I would love to hear more of your encounters!

I went to Our Strange World website, and find it to be a bunch of BULLSHIT! The love pouring out for O'Brien makes no sense. The interview was interesting, but lacked enough time for critical analysis of his claims. I don't know why everyone is so accepting of everything O'Brien said, especially his memories when he was SIX YEARS OLD! Another show, with questions that are actually answered would be much better than ridiculous personality awe. I was wrong his website is Our Strange Planet, and it is MUCH better than the Our Strange World website.

Dude the amount of time devoted to personalities was less than couple minutes. Jesus christ get over it.

You havent really explained what your problem is with Chris.

And I would suggest that Chris himself is extremely critical and analytical of everything he investigates. Thats the strong impression I get, especially from listening to him talk about cattle mutes.

Hey Chris,

I made another post the other day about the guarapiranga case in freewheeling chat.
I realise this was from some other investigators but I am sure I heard you mention it on the show. I was wondering if you knew any more about it.

Also I can see why you click so well here. (David, he's another synth guy)
Laffing Buddha, sound great.

Keep on Rockin,

Mark

BTW, finished listening, and damn, what a great fucking show. I could listen to Chris O'Brien talk about this stuff all day. His attitude is great and his enthusiasm is just freakin infectious.

And dude is low key about it all. Most people haven't even heard of him, and shit like that Rockefeller story was amazing.

I wonder if Tim Good and Chris are still on good terms. I emailed Good recently to get his take on Ray Stanfords Adamski claims and he didnt have many nice things to say about Ray. Kind of the opposite of Chris actually. Not concluding anything one way or the other.... its possible in this crazy ass subject that theyre both right. Ray says Adamski admitted to he and his brother that he hoaxed all his UFO photo and invented the story to make money after prohibition ended.... and Good claims he was the real deal with multiple co-witness testimony claiming to have seen craft with Adamski.

I blame the Trickster:D

Back