• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 19th, 2009 - Christopher O'Brien

Dude the amount of time devoted to personalities was less than couple minutes. Jesus christ get over it.

You havent really explained what your problem is with Chris.

And I would suggest that Chris himself is extremely critical and analytical of everything he investigates. Thats the strong impression I get, especially from listening to him talk about cattle mutes.

Wow Gareth, you get "strong impressions" about a person from an audio interview!? You probably get strong impressions about Obama from one of his speeches. What the hell do you mean, "...get over it"? Isn't that said when a person has continuously remarked on the same point? Not coherent when used about a person's very first remarks. The cattle mutilations were interesting but left me with a lot of questions. I didn't just believe that O'Brien was "extremely critical and analytical of everything he investigates". And it's not how much time was "devoted to personalities", it was how accepting people were of his. Like many personalities in this field, he thinks highly of himself, he sees paranormal phenomenon all the time, and he name drops. I find it all very suspicious.

I liked this episode and it seemed to go by too fast. I think I've heard Chris on another podcast somewhere this year, but not sure. He sounds rational and honest and I'll give him the benefit of a doubt.

And that Mexican video that is currently up on his site is pretty interesting. I'd like to know what David thinks.

By the way, was anyone else interested in this Ray Stanford character? I found a not-so-flattering article from Loren Coleman here.
I know, I know...I'm picking out the negative one from all the positive/neutral stuff. But I mention this particular article because Loren has been on the Paracast before, and it specifically ties Stanford to some pretty woo-woo stuff in the past.

PApprentice:
Of course, opinions are like sphincters—we all have one, and you are entitled to yours, but where do we go to see all the data that you have painstakingly gathered in the field for 15 years? Where can we get your books, or analysis of all the data you've gathered? As an apprentice, maybe you should get out in the field and see what it's like before sitting in that Michigan armchair and casting stones at other's hard work.

I found this to me a very interesting interview. Good stuff. I found what Mr. O’Brien’s dealing and encounters with Strong and Rockefeller to be just as interesting as the paranormal topics being discussed.
<O:p</O:p

I personally find both of those men to be, “creepy” in a lot of their ideologies. Christopher had mentioned the word EUGENICS at one point and it speaks to having some understanding of their views. This is a subject I am pretty well-read on in understanding the “elite” so to speak. While they don’t all “think” they are evil or <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
st1:stockticker> don’t try to do things that they don’t think is “good” (in their own warped view) they often are delusional megalomaniacs who feel they are honestly “superior” to other human beings, a second class of the species so to speak.<SPAN style=
</SPAN>

<O:p
Good interview, hopefully a second one is to follow.

PApprentice:
Of course, opinions are like sphincters—we all have one, and you are entitled to yours, but where do we go to see all the data that you have painstakingly gathered in the field for 15 years? Where can we get your books, or analysis of all the data you've gathered? As an apprentice, maybe you should get out in the field and see what it's like before sitting in that Michigan armchair and casting stones at other's hard work.

Mr. O'Brien,
Thanks for the deed to my sphincter. You must not get asked a lot of critical questions. Asking questions and being critical in the field you work in, is not casting stones. 15 years of field work doesn't get you a free pass. If I cook a meal you don't like, or are suspicious of the ingredients, would you not be justified because I've been cooking for 15 years? You told us how smart you are, that you've seen dozens and dozens of ufos and you are given $10,000 gifts by L. Rockefeller. Sorry, but those are warning signs to me that I think should be questioned. You should be interviewed again. Your work is interesting, but, you shouldn't expect a reward from people interested in your work, no matter how hard or painstaking what you love to do is...

By the way, was anyone else interested in this Ray Stanford character? I found a not-so-flattering article from Loren Coleman here.
I know, I know...I'm picking out the negative one from all the positive/neutral stuff. But I mention this particular article because Loren has been on the Paracast before, and it specifically ties Stanford to some pretty woo-woo stuff in the past.

Greg Bishop has 2 interesting interviews with him over at Radio Mysterioso.. It's funny because he gets into a sweet on air argument with Bishop's friend and occasional co-host Walter. The old guy talks a good game.. but my inner warning beacon still went off for some reason..

Worth checking out!

Hmm.. I'd like to add to the discussion of "rigorous investigation" by bringing up the following images at Strange Planet under the "Visual Evidence" page

http://ourstrangeplanet.com/images/Prairie_Dragons.jpg

http://ourstrangeplanet.com/images/ab-sanc2a.jpg

http://ourstrangeplanet.com/images/discoball.jpg

I will refrain from adding my own 2 cents on these images, but I'd like to hear David's views...

Those images are indeed silly, and I'll be sure that when Chris comes back on, we'll put them on the table and spank him. Chris, you hear that? :eek:

dB

Spank away!
These are photographs that others sent me. I am trying to provide an interactive environment. I let the viewers decide for themselves if these images are truly anomalous. Several in the section are the real deal, can you tell which ones I am referring to? :confused: We'll kick this and many other subjects around next time around... this will be FUN!

Great episode, highly enjoyable. Looking forward to more from Chris in the future.

"Baby Godzilla" is actually called "Minilla", BTW David.

This was such a great show! I plan on listening to it again. I just love high strangeness.

I really loved the part about the entities turning sideways and being as thin as paper!

This was an excellent show. I read Christophers' first book a few years back & it is an welcome addition to many of the books of this type that cover this kind of high-strangeness --- such as The Mothman Prophesies, Passport to Magonia, Hunt for the Skinwalker, & Supernatural Penenies. I think that it was significant that he said that he was in the Keel/ Vallee "camp". I think that the focus & study of these geographical areas where many types of paranormal manifestations seem to occur are our best opportinities to make some headway in unraveling the mystery. Thank God Keel & Valley laid the foundation for a clearer way to understand Fortean phenomena which in turn gave us thinkers like Mr. O'Brien.

------ Steve.

And I get very frustrated because the more I think I learn the less it all makes sense.

Get used to it! It doesn't make sense. There is an absurdity to it that is... well absurd.

I don't know if it's because we have gotten so far from the spirit world that was once part of normal life, or that it's just weird.

I've been studying this stuff for the last 44 or so years, and so much of it just doesn't make sense. But it seems that way on purpose. Maybe that's the "trickster". I remember reading a UFO report once where someone saw a cigar shaped UFO with wings like a plane, and another time someone saw a disk with the letters "UFO" on the side!

I think they are messing with us... I really do. Maybe "they" think its funny?

Wow Gareth, you get "strong impressions" about a person from an audio interview!? You probably get strong impressions about Obama from one of his speeches. What the hell do you mean, "...get over it"? Isn't that said when a person has continuously remarked on the same point? Not coherent when used about a person's very first remarks. The cattle mutilations were interesting but left me with a lot of questions. I didn't just believe that O'Brien was "extremely critical and analytical of everything he investigates". And it's not how much time was "devoted to personalities", it was how accepting people were of his. Like many personalities in this field, he thinks highly of himself, he sees paranormal phenomenon all the time, and he name drops. I find it all very suspicious.

Maybe Im basing my opinion on having listened to 3 separate interviews with him, rather than just 1 for yourself.

The "get over it" remark might have been unnecessary, but I still dont think there was enough personality talk to warrant a comment.

Maybe Im basing my opinion on having listened to 3 separate interviews with him, rather than just 1 for yourself.

The "get over it" remark might have been unnecessary, but I still dont think there was enough personality talk to warrant a comment.

Are the interviews you listened to archived anywhere? I would like to hear them.

High quality show. One of the better interviews. The Paracast should follow his advice and get Ray Stanford on the show.

These are photographs that others sent me. I am trying to provide an interactive environment. I let the viewers decide for themselves if these images are truly anomalous.

Yikes, you do realize that's exactly what Snoory would say, don't you?:eek:

"Baby Godzilla" is actually called "Minilla", BTW David.

Maybe I'm old, but I remember a cartoon in the 70s where "baby Godzilla" was "Godzuki". Does anyone else remember this?

Back