• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

John Brandenburg is back on DMR

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
On Weds. May 06 Dr. John Brandenburg author of “Death On Mars, The Discovery of a Planetary Nuclear Massacre” will join me on Dark Matters Radio to discuss a paper he just presented to The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics on his Mars research. Only on CyberstationUSA, the program will begin at 10:00 PM Pacific! Go to www.dqrm.com and you can speak to Dr. Brandenburg when I open the phone lines by calling 818-381-4674. See you on the radio!

John-Brandenburg.jpg

Decker

If any of you Paracaster's have a question to ask Dr. Brandenburg and will not hear the program live ... ask it here and ask it now. I will be checking for questions prior to tonight's broadcast.

Decker

Angelo, I take it you disagree with Brandenburg? Well in that case prove him wrong.

Decker

The issue is that even if I were to link you to all the information disproving him (and there's a lot out there), I would be told that it's all been doctored as part of some conspiracy, or that skeptics have no idea what they're talking about.

He really when off the rails when he suggested that some of the stuff we see in Close Encounters is loosely based on real events.

However, I will reiterate, just because I don't agree with his conclusions, he still made for a great show and guest. The thought that there has been intelligent life on Mars, or that the lunar anomalies that seem to appear in some pictures are real is a fascinating topic that's fun to discuss.

I enjoyed the show quite a bit!

The issue is that even if I were to link you to all the information disproving him (and there's a lot out there), I would be told that it's all been doctored as part of some conspiracy, or that skeptics have no idea what they're talking about.

He really when off the rails when he suggested that some of the stuff we see in Close Encounters is loosely based on real events.

However, I will reiterate, just because I don't agree with his conclusions, he still made for a great show and guest. The thought that there has been intelligent life on Mars, or that the lunar anomalies that seem to appear in some pictures are real is a fascinating topic that's fun to discuss.

I enjoyed the show quite a bit!
By all accounts, after Spielberg screened 'Close Encounters' for Reagan and others, Reagan stood up afterwards and said the events on the screen were not fiction but fact.

By all accounts, after Spielberg screened 'Close Encounters' for Reagan and others, Reagan stood up afterwards and said the events on the screen were not fiction but fact.

I've heard that too, but as detailed in John Alexander's UFO book, the government has little knowledge about UFOs and does not seem to have ever had any meetings with ET.

I've heard that too, but as detailed in John Alexander's UFO book, the government has little knowledge about UFOs and does not seem to have ever had any meetings with ET.
Angelo, I interviewed Alexander on DMR and he basically told me the very same thing. Sorry but I call "bullshit" on that. Why? Actually for many many reasons too numerous to go into right now.

Decker

Angelo, I interviewed Alexander on DMR and he basically told me the very same thing. Sorry but I call "bullshit" on that. Why? Actually for many many reasons too numerous to go into right now.

Decker

That's cool Don - I've just read the book. If you've actually spoken to the man and you have that feeling, I'm not going to argue with you.

Outstanding show and Dr Brandenburg is the best scientist currently who has a open mind not closed one. Thanks Don for doing such a great interview and years down the track folks will look back and wonder why never questioned some aspects of main stream theories? Pluto has water and Saturn's moons harbor signs of organic life forms. We are not alone (unknowns) and most likely never been so going on late Larry Faucett great book "UFO Coverup " (1984) and other credible eyewitness. Wonder if Dr Brandenburg has thought did some aspects of life form escape the calamity on Mars and established life on ( Atlantis ) Earth?

Perhaps I can throw in a bit re: the Close Encounters issue.

In 1980, I was a Super 8 filmmaker in high school and joined the local filmmakers club in Redlands, CA. The president of the club was a guy named Keith Shartle, whose friends from college days included the three guys who started an effects house called DreamQuest. I used to visit their studio occasionally and get tours. Anyway, the guys at DreamQuest, specifically Hoyt Yeatman and, as I recall, Scott Squires, got their start being hired to work for Douglas Trumbull on Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I first met Yeatman and Squires when they were speaking at the first film club meeting I attended, bringing with them plenty of photos as well as a couple of matte paintings from Star Trek:TMP which their associate, Rocco Gioffre (also there with them) brought to display. A couple of years later, Keith quit his job as manager of redlands Camera and went to work with the guys at DreamQuest.

Subsequent to the film club days, I went to see a movie in Westwood Village with my high school filmmaking friend, also in the club, and Keith Shartle. I recall that day. We had seen The Pope of Greenwich Village. After the movie, as we were in the car, Keith told us a story he had heard from a guy who had worked on the accounting for Close Encounters. He said that federal money had gone into the production. We all thought that was rather interesting. Federal government money in the budget for Close Encounters of the Third Kind. That was all he could tell us, all he apparently knew about it, a comment, really.

What may make this more interesting, or not, is that Keith Shartle's father was Paul Shartle, who was the civilian chief of the USAF audio-visual command aka AVIS, at former Norton AFB in San Bernardino, CA (which I can see from my house). Paul Shartle's name turns up in the Holloman UFO film story.
For what that's worth.

Unfortunately, Keith passed away unexpectedly after a surprise illness, about 17 years ago, otherwise I'd ask him if he was just pulling our legs.

That's what I have to add to the conversation. That's all there was to it. Maybe if someone pulled that thread they'd find something. I don't know.

Spielberg was interviewed after Reagan died and he relayed that Reagan addressed those who saw the movie with comments that incidents in the movie were real and not fiction.

Yeah, but the movie wasn't Close Encounters, but ET:

Reagan wasn't joking, and Spielberg knows it

In an interview with Ain't It Cool News writer Eric Vespe (better known online as 'Quint') published June 6th, Steven Spielberg confirms that, following a White House screening of E.T: The Extraterrestrial in 1982, President Ronald Reagan did indeed make remarks to the effect that the premise of Spielberg's movie - extraterrestrial visitation - was fact, not fiction.

This is something of a bombshell. Rumours have persisted for years about just what - if anything - Reagan told Spielberg during the 1982 White House E.T. screening, but not until now has the director spoken about it on the record. Spielberg's version of events, however, differs slightly from the version that has entered UFO-lore.

According to Spielberg, Reagan did not address his remarks to him personally, but rather - and more remarkably - to all guests in the room collectively (some of whom were astronauts). Here is what happened in Spielberg's own words:

"It was in the White House screening room and Reagan got up to thank me for bringing the film to show the President, the First Lady and all of their guests, which included Sandra Day O’Connor in her first week of as a Justice of the Supreme Court, and it included some astronauts… I think Neil Armstrong was there, I’m not 100% certain, but it was an amazing, amazing evening.

He just stood up and he looked around the room, almost like he was doing a headcount, and he said, 'I wanted to thank you for bringing E.T. to the White House. We really enjoyed your movie,' and then he looked around the room and said, 'And there are a number of people in this room who know that everything on that screen is absolutely true.'

And he said it without smiling! But he said that and everybody laughed, by the way. The whole room laughed because he presented it like a joke, but he wasn’t smiling as he said it."

In an interview with Ain't It Cool News writer Eric Vespe (better known online as 'Quint') published June 6th, Steven Spielberg confirms that, following a White House screening of E.T: The Extraterrestrial in 1982, President Ronald Reagan did indeed make remarks to the effect that the premise of Spielberg's movie - extraterrestrial visitation - was fact, not fiction.

This is something of a bombshell. Rumours have persisted for years about just what - if anything - Reagan told Spielberg during the 1982 White House E.T. screening, but not until now has the director spoken about it on the record. Spielberg's version of events, however, differs slightly from the version that has entered UFO-lore.

According to Spielberg, Reagan did not address his remarks to him personally, but rather - and more remarkably - to all guests in the room collectively (some of whom were astronauts). Here is what happened in Spielberg's own words:

"It was in the White House screening room and Reagan got up to thank me for bringing the film to show the President, the First Lady and all of their guests, which included Sandra Day O’Connor in her first week of as a Justice of the Supreme Court, and it included some astronauts… I think Neil Armstrong was there, I’m not 100% certain, but it was an amazing, amazing evening.

He just stood up and he looked around the room, almost like he was doing a headcount, and he said, 'I wanted to thank you for bringing E.T. to the White House. We really enjoyed your movie,' and then he looked around the room and said, 'And there are a number of people in this room who know that everything on that screen is absolutely true.'

And he said it without smiling! But he said that and everybody laughed, by the way. The whole room laughed because he presented it like a joke, but he wasn’t smiling as he said it."
You are correct. It was 'E.T.' not 'Close Encounters' that Reagan commented on. I will revise my post if possible.

So it sounds like he was either joking, or implying that the government would react similarly if they found that a boy was hiding an alien.

So it sounds like he was either joking, or implying that the government would react similarly if they found that a boy was hiding an alien.
Perhaps. Then again, it is well known Reagan was obsessed with the idea of extraterrestrials. There's that famous speech at the UN summit, and it is said he was always asking his staff members to include the "invaders from outer space" tidbit in his speeches.

No clearer evidence could be found about his personal interest on the subject, than the fact that Spielberg was asked to show the film for him on a special projection at the White House ;)

Back