• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 7, 2018 — Col. John Alexander

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Col. Alexander rejoins us to provide a reality check on the news of the Pentagon UFO study and its implications.

Of course, his background includes working with Robert Bigelow, to whom most of the $22 million allocated for the project was outsourced.

We also talk about this further with UFO researcher Erica Lukes on this weekend's episode of After The Paracast, the exclusive podcast for Paracast+ members.

For more information about our premium service, please check: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Just finished the most recent episode.

I appreciate the precision with which Dr. Alexander speaks. He brings a much needed sense of professionalism. Very good to hear him put the recently revealed program in a realistic light. Having read UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities his view came as no surprise.

Regarding Leslie Kean – I always say that ‘you’re either doing it or you’re just talking about it.’ I’ve read Surviving Death: A Journalist Investigates Evidence for an Afterlife and Surviving Death: A Journalist Investigates Evidence for an Afterlife and was honestly a bit underwhelmed. But, there is no denying her contribution to the recent story regarding the Pentagon’s study and it sounded like sour grapes to suggest anything other than ‘thanks’. She's 'doing it' in this case.Finger pointing at others is not helpful and frankly if there is concern about how people view the study of strange phenomena it’s too late by decades.

I also read Reality Denied and am not sure what to make of it. I don’t doubt a single thing Dr. Alexander wrote but my gut feeling is that we generate much of this – whatever the hell it is – ourselves and rather than a trans dimensional portal we need a mirror to understand it better.

I appreciated the support Erica gave to Delonge's efforts. He seems to have earned his "researcher of the year" award. I also appreciate John's defense of Leslie Kean. She may not be the most learned ufologist, but she did have a best seller on UFOs and was co-author of the NY Times' piece.

So much for Alexander wandering the halls of the Pentagon searching in every nook and cranny and not being able to find anyone doing research on UFOs ( or whatever you want to call them ). This episode really had him struggling to blow a believable smokescreen.

Just started listening.

Damn, I’m going to have to go back and actually listen to to the last episode for when Chris goes off on Keane.

I gave up about 30 minutes in because she’s so full of gobbledygook that I just couldn’t stomach it.

Last edited:
Yes, but he retired before the new Pentagon study was launched.
It looks to me like his book and the research for it was done while this AATD program was going on. His book UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities was published in 2011, and his past talks have led me to assume he based his conclusions on active sources and contacts. Maybe my assumptions there are wrong.

Notice how the subject was immediately changed and my question about the lack of any conversations about the role of the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) was completely ignored. The rarely mentioned NRO is never cited in any article about this latest supposed "bombshell" story, not does Alexander ever mention this shadowy agency that is obviously sitting on the motherlode of UAP/AAO/UFO data.

This episode really had him struggling to blow a believable smokescreen.

He sounded perfectly believable to me. Is it so hard to believe that in an organization as large as “the Government” that one part might not know or care what another part is doing – or even be aware of it?

Conspiracy theories can hang on very insignificant details and a lot of assumptions.I have no reason to disbelieve him and what he's said is consistent with what he's written.

Notice how the subject was immediately changed and my question about the lack of any conversations about the role of the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) was completely ignored. The rarely mentioned NRO is never cited in any article about this latest supposed "bombshell" story, not does Alexander ever mention this shadowy agency that is obviously sitting on the motherlode of UAP/AAO/UFO data.

Maybe he just disagreed with you based on his own opinions and isn't covering anything up. Crazy idea I know.....

I liked this episode and I was really glad to hear Col. Alexander favorably discussing the positive impact that the Pentagon's ufo program has had on this topic within the mainstream press and therefore public perception. I also enjoyed his clear-eyed assessment of the AATIP story and the people involved with it.

But frankly I'm disappointed that Chris and Gene and some of our forum members here have taken such a suspicious/dissatisfied view of it all. This recent revelation of the Pentagon's program and the testimony of those two fighter pilots should be red meat for a show like The Paracast - a shot in the arm. The guests are all telling us that there's more to come so we should be hopeful and expectant of pending developments. But instead of sharing that excitement, our dear hosts have been a big wet blanket about it. What a bummer. I feel like the Pentagon could FedEx an alien corpse to The Paracast, and Gene and Chris would just say something like "What does this really change? Without the proper documentation we can't prove that this thing is an alien corpse. Maybe they just grew it in a tank to screw with us. Don't believe the hype, people."

He sounded perfectly believable to me. Is it so hard to believe that in an organization as large as “the Government” that one part might not know or care what another part is doing – or even be aware of it? Conspiracy theories can hang on very insignificant details and a lot of assumptions.I have no reason to disbelieve him and what he's said is consistent with what he's written.
I didn't say anything about a conspiracy theory. I'm saying Alexander wrote a whole book about how nothing is going on that was published in 2011. Is it really so hard to believe that he doesn't really know what's going on either, and is trying really hard to make sound like he does? Gene asked a couple of really pertinent questions and Alexander responded with his typical, "That's not how it works and people don't understand." comeback without providing any specific answers as to how it does work. At one point he alluded to, "Some sort of administrative type." as if the 22 million was approved by someone from a secretarial pool with a rubber stamp who never looks at the content or asks any questions. Are we really supposed to accept that sort of answer? He either knows and wouldn't say, or just wanted to sound more informed than the rest of us and really has no clue who and when and where these decisions are made.

Notice how the subject was immediately changed and my question about the lack of any conversations about the role of the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) was completely ignored.
Yup
The rarely mentioned NRO is never cited in any article about this latest supposed "bombshell" story ...
Uh Huh
nor does Alexander ever mention this shadowy agency that is obviously sitting on the motherlode of UAP/AAO/UFO data.
Nod. He was trying really hard to make the case that the program was so insignificant that nobody cares and anyone who tries to get some specific answers just doesn't understand how the system works, while avoiding explaining fully how it really does work. Maybe old habits never die, but this is classic perception management if I ever saw it.

Last edited:
Good show with Chris pressing the colonel over Kean. The famous Petit-Rechain photo displayed on the cover of UFOs, Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record, was that of a hoaxed image created by “Patrick”.

Goes to show just how easily one is fooled, even the author of that book.

Right-O. The colonel spoke well and defended his opinions cogently ...
I wasn't getting that at all. What I was getting is a lot of smoke and no substance from a guy who had been claiming there was nothing going on when in fact there was, and probably still is..

Well, it just goes to show how a group of people can witness something as mundane as a traffic accident and come away with very different perceptions about what happened. In this case you either take Col.Alexander at face value or don't; he's not going to prosthelytize anyone. Seems to me The Paracast contacted him for his views

What mother lode of information do you think they're sitting on?

Infinite thanks Chris for asking my question (Podcast 1:41)

The 'emotion trumps logic' response is quite an eye opener and is 100% what I expected. Mentioning 30,000 employees with 30.000 opinions is a bit strange when the essential decision-making involves only a handful of top DOD managers guiding the agenda.

It takes only one fundamentalist Christian manager in the right job to stop any progressive initiative dealing with the UAP phenomena. This is definitely an area where 'institutional responsibility' is TRUMPED (not him again lol) by raw emotion guided by a christian concept and personification of evil.

I've definitely put a big friggin 'X' in the box asking: Will the U.S.A. defer its role in investigating any UAP phenomena. I'll leave that role to China or Russia, meanwhile the U.S.A. can just look at the face below and recoil in terror while the rest evolves LMAO.

devil-face.jpg

Last edited:
Back