• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I've got some bad news, disclosure is happening..

Free episodes:

Uhh, they might not be the ones dancing! ;)

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I can see your point. I also think it's all God. But, somehow the thought of purpose or intent has become a dirty word to some.

The way you're using "God" is not the way John is using it, as John has clearly said he's an atheist. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I gather from many of you're posts, you are not an atheist, so to you "God" is an entity of some kind, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with thinking that. However, if you are agreeing with John, sorry to break it to you, but you're pretty much an atheist.

Angel thank you so much for taking care of my inner thought process. Now, what should I have for dinner? Alabama or Auburn as my football team? I think I like the Braves in baseball but I think Tommy Lasorda was a great manager so I guess that pretty much makes me a Dodger fan!;) What I meant to say was I can see John's point. He appears to have thought about it and I can honestly "see" and "understand" how he came to his conclusion. Sorry, I am just not smart enough to get my wording perfect and it can never stand up to "skeptical" scrutiny. See? I can't even spell. Yeah, I'm a sky gawd anti intelletual beleiver in santa claus. Ya got me. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

tyder001 said:
Angel thank you so much for taking care of my inner thought process. Now, what should I have for dinner? Alabama or Auburn as my football team? I think I like the Braves in baseball but I think Tommy Lasorda was a great manager so I guess that pretty much makes me a Dodger fan!;) What I meant to say was I can see John's point. He appears to have thought about it and I can honestly "see" and "understand" how he came to his conclusion. Sorry, I am just not smart enough to get my wording perfect and it can never stand up to "skeptical" scrutiny. See? I can't even spell. Yeah, I'm a sky gawd anti intelletual beleiver in santa claus. Ya got me. :rolleyes:

Just to clarify: I do believe in God. However, to me (of course I'm sure you can go back and pick through post and I may have "contradictied it." ) Anyway, to me when the Collider finds the God particle. When a child is born or even dies. When a scientist finds the cure for cancer. When a mother picks up a child. When I see a shooting star. When I think "I Am" When I think of the universe. When I consider evolution or the bible or the read the latest Stephen King novel. That's God! When I am born and when I die. When I think and when I'm simply "being" that's God. When Christ walked and Budda meditated. When Sagan studied and Einstien thought! When a person or a being brings intent of any kind. That's God! When I go back to the "source" of my being I'm God but the one (and yes I do suspect there is one) who I come from taps me on the shoulder in dreams and visions that's God! When I (in my job) advocate for a poor person or ask a church for a food box or clothing for a client. That's God! So, please don't ever think you can understand who or what or how I think from a few heated lines on the interwebs. Ya can't! Anymore than I can "know" you!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Just to clarify: I do believe in God. However, to me (of course I'm sure you can go back and pick through post and I may have "contradictied it." ) Anyway, to me when the Collider finds the God particle. When a child is born or even dies. When a scientist finds the cure for cancer. When a mother picks up a child. When I see a shooting star. When I think "I Am" When I think of the universe. When I consider evolution or the bible or the read the latest Stephen King novel. That's God! When I am born and when I die. When I think and when I'm simply "being" that's God. When Christ walked and Budda meditated. When Sagan studied and Einstien thought! When a person or a being brings intent of any kind. That's God! When I go back to the "source" of my being I'm God but the one (and yes I do suspect there is one) who I come from taps me on the shoulder in dreams and visions that's God! When I (in my job) advocate for a poor person or ask a church for a food box or clothing for a client. That's God! So, please don't ever think you can understand who or what or how I think from a few heated lines on the interwebs. Ya can't! Anymore than I can "know" you!

I did say, "correct me if I'm wrong." I'm glad that you have your own definition of a god. I didn't think my innocent post would illicit such a passionate response. I stop there, because I don't think there's any sense in beating this to death.

Well, if ya can't get passionate about your inner life what can ya get passionate about? ;)Still, I agree to disagree and not beat this thread to death.

Peace! :cool:

I don't know how relevant this is, but regarding the government release of UFO files, I don't think anybody outside of those already interested in UFOs even cares. Thus this isn't going to have a profound impact on society. But I don't even know if that matters.

The government file releases actually tend to bum me out, as I haven't found any of them to be particularly interesting.

I still maintain that the UFO subject is very low on the world agenda. Something quite extraordinary and significant would need to happen (either from the phenomenon or how we view it) to bring it up a few spaces. As it is, it's not ameanable to convenient categorization except as something that sits annoyingly off to the side, defying attempts to corner it.

Also, many of you may not know that were it not for my 1995 interview with Jim Moseley, that the world would probably not have known about Barker's "UFO Is A Bucket Of Shit." Jim had a suitcase full of Barker memorabilia and I asked him to pick something to read out loud. He picked that poem.

There will be no disclosure by any definition of the word. There will be discovery and revelation when humankind stops with this namby-pamby adulation of 'Mother Earth' and the associated social welfare posturing and we start manning up, spending real money and effort on real exploration again and putting boots on the ground on other worlds. That'll be when we know for sure: when we are faced with whomever may be there. If I were to bet, I'd say there's a good chance this has happened and it'll remain classified as long as the only people who go into space are government employees. The most governments are going to do will amount to implying they don't disagree that there is intelligent ET life.

You really want to know? You really think the common man should know? Then support commercial space exploration. Altruistic scientific exploration and feel-good missions won't accomplish diddly squat, nor will they get any serious funding. Don't fool yourself that the "anti-capitalist" states with space programs are going up there for any other reasons than control of valuable material resources. Trade will make the true age of space exploration begin, not any other purpose, whether you like it or not. When humankind has a material stake in space exploration, and high numbers of our population are working and living off this planet, then we will all know the truth about ET. Until then, disclosure is most likely just a big wet dream for people who still haven't gotten over seeing Close Encounters.

Sure, I could be wrong. And if I am, oh well... :)

There will be no disclosure by any definition of the word. There will be discovery and revelation when humankind stops with this namby-pamby adulation of 'Mother Earth' and the associated social welfare posturing and we start manning up, spending real money and effort on real exploration again and putting boots on the ground on other worlds. That'll be when we know for sure: when we are faced with whomever may be there. If I were to bet, I'd say there's a good chance this has happened and it'll remain classified as long as the only people who go into space are government employees. The most governments are going to do will amount to implying they don't disagree that there is intelligent ET life.

You really want to know? You really think the common man should know? Then support commercial space exploration. Altruistic scientific exploration and feel-good missions won't accomplish diddly squat, nor will they get any serious funding. Don't fool yourself that the "anti-capitalist" states with space programs are going up there for any other reasons than control of valuable material resources. Trade will make the true age of space exploration begin, not any other purpose, whether you like it or not. When humankind has a material stake in space exploration, and high numbers of our population are working and living off this planet, then we will all know the truth about ET. Until then, disclosure is most likely just a big wet dream for people who still haven't gotten over seeing Close Encounters.

Sure, I could be wrong. And if I am, oh well... :)

I wish that space exploration would be better funded, but the one country that has the resources to do it is embroiled in two wars, so the funding is going to that. One branch that seems to be hiding nothing is NASA, because they would have the most to gain from discovery of extra-terrestrial life, which is one of the reasons I think that we really haven't found anything "out there" yet.

I wish that space exploration would be better funded, but the one country that has the resources to do it is embroiled in two wars, so the funding is going to that. One branch that seems to be hiding nothing is NASA, because they would have the most to gain from discovery of extra-terrestrial life, which is one of the reasons I think that we really haven't found anything "out there" yet.

But Angel, I bet they get funded through secret means and all that is a ruse ..;)

You do know that there is some pretty good evidence that NASA has purposefully smudged photos of the lunar surface, don't you?

So whilst I agree with you that space exploration should be better funded, and it will be once the corporations find commercially viable resources there, I disagree that NASA hides nothing.

You do know that there is some pretty good evidence that NASA has purposefully smudged photos of the lunar surface, don't you?

So whilst I agree with you that space exploration should be better funded, and it will be once the corporations find commercially viable resources there, I disagree that NASA hides nothing.

I haven't seen anything to prove to me that NASA is messing with lunar photography. What photos are you talking about?

I haven't seen anything to prove to me that NASA is messing with lunar photography. What photos are you talking about?

I don't have a comprehensive list of all the photo numbers and such. But if you were to do a quick search of lunar anomalies, smudged photos and the like, I'm sure you'll come up with over 100K hits to check out.

I don't have a comprehensive list of all the photo numbers and such. But if you were to do a quick search of lunar anomalies, smudged photos and the like, I'm sure you'll come up with over 100K hits to check out.

I see. Unfortunately those links lead to questionable sites of dubious integrity.

True, most do. But I'll try in a bit to get you some links with less dubious integrity. Sadly, I'm at work so research is a bit hard to do.

There are a lot of examples of NASA pictures that are either intentionally or unintentionally smudged or tempered with, some in very interesting areas. A simple google search will yield a lot of results.

There are a lot of examples of NASA pictures that are either intentionally or unintentionally smudged or tempered with, some in very interesting areas. A simple google search will yield a lot of results.

I did do a simple google search, and the sites that came up seemed to be dubious.

I did do a simple google search, and the sites that came up seemed to be dubious.

Thats fine, doing it myself and glancing over the first few results didn't do anything for me neither. Vito Saccheri had some great findings, listen to the episodes with him and Don somewhere in the DMR archives if you haven't already(think there were even a picture or two in the respective threads). I will dig into this deeper later, but there's other 'stuff' to be taken care of first, I'll dig those I found interesting up for you later today though.

Now I don't mean any harm but "dubious" is such a subjective word. For instance "to me" jimmy randi talking about spirituality or the paranormal is always "dubious." However, to others he's a paragon of virtue. "To me" Pat Robinson talking about Buddism is "Dubious" with a capital D. But to others he's a man of God. "I" don't think there are visitors from space but "others" including some fine folks right here do beleive there are and I am going to continue to "watch the skies" :cool:Mainly cause I enjoy star gazing.

I'm not sure how this thread got hijacked and turned into a 'God' conversation since the point I was trying to make is simply that the current process we are seeing of governments releasing files and military people speaking publicly on the topic amounts to 'disclosure'. Or, at least the closest we are going to get to 'disclosure' for a long time to come. There is going to be no major announcement, or anything dramatic, but rather we can simply expect what we are seeing now; a gradual and slow change over a long period of time whereby the topic shifts from being one of ridicule to one of general acceptance.

Realize here that I am not talking about government cover-ups, conspiracies, alien crashes, bodies, ET, or anything else of the like. I'm simply suggesting that the topic itself is slowly being accepted as something legitimate that we can discuss without resorting to outright ridicule and immediate dismissal.

To those who suggest that it will have no major effect,I largely agree on the one hand, but on the other hand it's hard to underestimate the general interest the public has on this topic.

All that said, I would like to make a comment about the 'God' meme which got injected into this thread. I am in the process of starting up a new podcast, titled 'The Dialectic Struggle', which focuses primarily on belief. Based on the conversations which got started in this thread, I would like to suggest an episode titled 'The God Word'. If you would be interested in discussing what 'The God Word' means to you and how you believe it applies to others, please contact me by personal email at: [email protected]

I'll give you a heads up though, I will be focusing heavily on the topic of semantics and language as, I remind you, that 'God' is just three character symbols strung together which, realistically, hold no Universal meaning among the population of the earth.

The format of my podcast is a little different than most. Rather than interviewing just a single person for an hour or so, instead I try to interview a number of people for a shorter period of time to capture a greater range of opinion on the subject.

Thanks,

John

Back