• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

It's Been Nice Knowing You All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, Randall is contacting people on our Paracast list proclaiming his anti-vaccination stance, without explaining he is no longer with the show. This has already had a negative impact on at least one of our regular guests (until the facts were brought out).

If you do receive such an email or chat response, be aware that his position is his, not mine or the show.

I'd just like to observe that conflicts regarding what's best in the COVID arena are typically differences in which information each person chooses to believe. I don't believe either "side" wants anything but the best for society.

It's frustrating when someone on the opposite "side" of the debate just waves everything you try to explain away with a wave of the hand, and says "I don't believe that."

I've learned to just shrug my shoulders and say "Oh well ..." and resolve not to raise or even comment on the COVID issue again, and get on with the activity at hand. It's do-able, I've found.

Just a general comment on this situation, with no specific reference to Randall's departure.

-- Squirrel

In the meantime, we've lined up Curt Collins, Tim Swartz and our friendly neighborhood staff announcer, Bob Zanotti, as guest cohosts going forward. This will help deliver a new level of excitement to The Paracast. And just look at some of the guests booked for upcoming shows.

Dear Paracast Listeners & Forum Participants,

I have just resigned as cohost of The Paracast over differences between Gene and I on the subject of vaccine mandates. Many of you will no doubt side with Gene on that issue, and my exit might even be a cause for celebration for others. For the record, I believe that Gene's position comes from a good place, but in my view it doesn't end in that same place, and that gap has proven to be too wide for me to bridge.

I will be launching an updated version of ufopages.com by the end of the month where my art, music, and used books can be ordered. In the meantime the Paracast Shop will still carry the current designs and I have no intention of removing them. Those who like the show and would like to keep on listening should certainly do so, and if anyone wants to take a stab at cohosting, by all means get in-touch with Gene.

J Randall Murphy
Good luck to you. I rejoined a few months ago, after a year or so absence, because I liked what you brought to the table. So I probably won't renew. I have a strong feeling all the work and extra stuff you did will be greatly missed. Take care

Vaccination is a must but those who choose its their choice even if they know it might effect their human rights. Also can be a spreader and even double dose have seen folks as spreaders it changing all the time. Randle , vaccines should not stop you being a co-host with online technology today. A.I. will make everyone images copied -stored and facial biometric print anyway using confrerence video systems. You and Gene work great together.

Bob was a great guest host.

Randall seems the type to die on hills for things he believes or doesn't believe in.

I assume the debate was about vax mandates, something neither he nor Gene have any control or influence over, so what difference does it make who is "right"?

So far as I'm concerned one's opinions on the matter shouldn't influence The Paracast either way. It should never have become an issue.
I think it’s because you, as an open minded and rational skeptic, refuse to go with the ETH as the only answer to the UFO phenomenon. Your former cohost seemed so bent on that idea he didn’t really like anyone who didn’t automatically agree with him that all UFOs are being flown by little gray men.

I think it’s because you, as an open minded and rational skeptic, refuse to go with the ETH as the only answer to the UFO phenomenon. Your former cohost seemed so bent on that idea he didn’t really like anyone who didn’t automatically agree with him that all UFOs are being flown by little gray men.
One thing I've learned at my very very advanced age is that you cannot predict how people will react to different scenarios. Randall knew for years my views on UFOs, and how that has anything to do with mask/vaccine mandates (the latter of which date back to the Revolutionary War) escapes me. But I'm sure he means well and I wish him the best of everything.

Dear Paracast Listeners & Forum Participants,

I have just resigned as cohost of The Paracast over differences between Gene and I on the subject of vaccine mandates. Many of you will no doubt side with Gene on that issue, and my exit might even be a cause for celebration for others. For the record, I believe that Gene's position comes from a good place, but in my view it doesn't end in that same place, and that gap has proven to be too wide for me to bridge.

I will be launching an updated version of ufopages.com by the end of the month where my art, music, and used books can be ordered. In the meantime the Paracast Shop will still carry the current designs and I have no intention of removing them. Those who like the show and would like to keep on listening should certainly do so, and if anyone wants to take a stab at cohosting, by all means get in-touch with Gene.

J Randall Murphy
Oh. Bye bye.

Well, I really find it hard to see how a difference in opinion regarding vaccines would be a reason not to work together - it's not like you guys live in the same household. And while I share Gene's stance regarding vaccines, I can understand that other people have different opinions for various reasons. I think it's cool to discuss those reasons and even get into heated arguments and verbal fisticuffs, but if you can't find common ground - at this time I don't think it's too big of a deal...

Overall, I'm saddened by Radall's departure - although I wouldn't agree on a number of things (and likely with Gene, for that matter), I think Randall has an honest passion for the paranormal and was a valuable addition to both the show and the forum. I really appreciated his perspective and his presence on the forum.

Randall, all the best with your future endeavors, hopefully we'll still see you around!

This whole topic is contradictory.

-- You choose to be vaccinated
-- I choose not to be vaccinated
-- Thus you are protected from me
-- So why all the fuss ?
-- My decision does not affect you.

Unless you think the vaccine is not reliable
Which often turns out to be the case

So to be certain about doing an uncertain thing is contradictory.

OK, vaccines aren't 100% effective. It is possible to have a "breakthrough" infection even if you're "fully vaccinated." This is more likely with older folks and those with compromised immune systems (which is why a third shot is being recommended in such cases).

And if you are exposed to people who have that infection, you still may get sick while being "fully vaccinated," though it's not as likely it'll be near as serious.

But what you totally forget is that if you get COVID, people around you, especially those who are unvaccinated, may also succumb. Since a decent percentage of people who get COVID and have no symptoms, they could be hurting people without knowing it, without meaning to, or just because they don't care.

So, yes, your decision can impact others besides yourself. It's not a matter of personal freedom, it is a matter of public health and safety. That's why vaccine mandates in the U.S. are legal.

You need to bone up on history (George Washington was the first to mandate vaccines) and on how vaccines work. Your comment "often turns out to be the case" does not apply to the COVID vaccines being administered in the U.S. Their efficacy has been demonstrated in the initial 3-phase trials and in the ongoing experiences with over 378 million doses that have been administered so far.

Or would you prefer to take horse de-wormer if you get infected?

It understandable. I had to stop listening years ago when the show continually attacked a MUFON director at the time for having non politically correct views. While i didnt agree with the views of that MUFON director, as a libertarian I respect everyones right to their own opinion and it had nothing to do with understanding the UFO mystery. Unfortunately Gene is one of those people who believes he is the arbitrar of truth and morality and wants to impose it onto other people. I used to tune into the paracast as escapism from things like politics and to get deeper into the magic of the unknown, but like all things that we used to hold deer it has been corrupted by politics, specifically left leaning politics and the left these days just cant let a platform go to waste they have to keep jamming their ideology down your throat. Hopefully this is a wake up call for Gene, its never too late.
@Greers Meeting Planner I apologize for being so forward, but I respectfully disagree with your statement based on merit itself. As long as I've been listening to the show, which includes me going back to the very 1st episode and working my way to the present, Gene and his co-hosts have merely called out the charlatans that have marred the research that many people spend their lives doing. It's not being an "arbitrar of truth" as you put it; instead, what he's done is show the other side of the fence and say "This is out there. What's your response?" The Swiss Voldamort is a perfect example of this...

Mr. Steinberg has projected the want and desire to bring truth back to a now-fantastical field of so-called "research" that now includes secret space programs and big blue chickens. If an escape is needed to get deeper into the unknown, the Paracast is one of the very few that has been running this long to call people out in a sometimes entertaining but always insightful manner.

Just a counterpoint opinion, for what it's worth...

So Greers Meeting Planner is essentially a hit-and-run poster. He says something provocative, and runs off. When his misstatements are corrected, he doesn't have the guts to respond.

While I miss Randall, I have to agree with this assessment. I always found it funny that he’d tear apart conventional religion, and then defend his religious belief, as David Halperin so eloquently put it, in the ETH, complete with a road to Damascus conversion and revealed knowledge, but then play word games with the term “alien.” I have enjoyed the rotating cohosts, though, because they bring different viewpoints to different discussions.

Thanks for your comments. For those who still don't get it, maybe this will make an impression.

Julie Ponesse Ethics Professor Huron College​

University of Western Ontario Canada​

After listening to her false claim that the vaccines are experimental, and her ignorance of why vaccine mandates are necessary and the history dating back to American Revolutionary War, I can only presume she is not qualified to be a college professor and should, instead, work at something for which she is qualified, perhaps the McDonalds cashier position. But she will have to be masked and, for most fast food restaurants, vaccinated. Yes, she should be fired on the spot for incompetence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back