• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

It's Been Nice Knowing You All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Dear Paracast Listeners & Forum Participants,

I have just resigned as cohost of The Paracast over differences between Gene and I on the subject of vaccine mandates. Many of you will no doubt side with Gene on that issue, and my exit might even be a cause for celebration for others. For the record, I believe that Gene's position comes from a good place, but in my view it doesn't end in that same place, and that gap has proven to be too wide for me to bridge.

I will be launching an updated version of ufopages.com by the end of the month where my art, music, and used books can be ordered. In the meantime the Paracast Shop will still carry the current designs and I have no intention of removing them. Those who like the show and would like to keep on listening should certainly do so, and if anyone wants to take a stab at cohosting, by all means get in-touch with Gene.

J Randall Murphy

I find Randall's reasoning makes little sense to me, but I wish him well in his future endeavors. We'll be using guest cohosts till a permanent cohost is located. In the meantime, Randall is free to reconsider.

I'd also suggest he learn the lessons of history when it comes to vaccinations. Vaccine mandates date back to the Revolutionary War and George Washington:

I have just resigned as cohost of The Paracast over differences between Gene and I on the subject of vaccine mandates. Many of you will no doubt side with Gene on that issue, and my exit might even be a cause for celebration for others. For the record, I believe that Gene's position comes from a good place, but in my view it doesn't end in that same place, and that gap has proven to be too wide for me to bridge.

I will be launching an updated version of ufopages.com by the end of the month where my art, music, and used books can be ordered. In the meantime the Paracast Shop will still carry the current designs and I have no intention of removing them. Those who like the show and would like to keep on listening should certainly do so, and if anyone wants to take a stab at cohosting, by all means get in-touch with Gene.

J Randall Murphy
It understandable. I had to stop listening years ago when the show continually attacked a MUFON director at the time for having non politically correct views. While i didnt agree with the views of that MUFON director, as a libertarian I respect everyones right to their own opinion and it had nothing to do with understanding the UFO mystery. Unfortunately Gene is one of those people who believes he is the arbitrar of truth and morality and wants to impose it onto other people. I used to tune into the paracast as escapism from things like politics and to get deeper into the magic of the unknown, but like all things that we used to hold deer it has been corrupted by politics, specifically left leaning politics and the left these days just cant let a platform go to waste they have to keep jamming their ideology down your throat. Hopefully this is a wake up call for Gene, its never too late.

It understandable. I had to stop listening years ago when the show continually attacked a MUFON director at the time for having non politically correct views. While i didnt agree with the views of that MUFON director, as a libertarian I respect everyones right to their own opinion and it had nothing to do with understanding the UFO mystery. Unfortunately Gene is one of those people who believes he is the arbitrar of truth and morality and wants to impose it onto other people. I used to tune into the paracast as escapism from things like politics and to get deeper into the magic of the unknown, but like all things that we used to hold deer it has been corrupted by politics, specifically left leaning politics and the left these days just cant let a platform go to waste they have to keep jamming their ideology down your throat. Hopefully this is a wake up call for Gene, its never too late.
You got most of this wrong.

My comments about a MUFON director, if I recall this correctly, were about posting racist comments on Facebook. That's not about being politically correct, but about hate speech.

No, I do not jam my ideology over anyone's throat. A few people like you seem to be listening to someone else's show. We don't say much at all about partisan politics, but stating facts are not opinions. I wish you well in your universe.

The Paracast will always stand for truth and not to advance partisan agendas.

J Randall Murphy

J Randall Murphy
I am saddened to hear of Randals Departure. I feel he brought an excitement and a new perspective to the show and I also enjoyed our many battle's in the forum.
Randal has an undoubted talent so perhaps he may even think about doing his own podcast.
I wish you well my friend and hope we will talk again soon.

I hope Randall reconsiders. As a center-right vaccinated Catholic, there’s a lot of stuff I disagree with both Gene and Randall about, but I still listen for the informative, enlightening discussions. I hate to see personal opinions poisoning the discourse. There are so few facets of life that haven’t been politicized to death today. C’mon back, Randall. You’re a valuable voice on the Paracast.

Yours,
Dave

Last edited:
I hope Randall reconsiders. As a center-right vaccinated Catholic, there’s a lot of stuff I disagree with both Gene and Randall about, but I still listen for the informative, enlightening discussions. I hate to see personal opinions poisoning the discourse. There are so few facets of life that haven’t been politicized to death today. C’mon back, Randall. You’re a valuable voice on the Paracast.

Yours,
Dave
Well I believe everyone should be vaccinated both to protect themselves and others. However. I feel everyone should be free to make their own choice but as I have said the show without Randal will be missing a lot of dynamic energy.

Long and short, this is an issue of individual freedom versus public health and safety. We are still all part of the human race and we have to consider whether our personal choices might harm the freedom, health and safety of others.

I have already begun to line up some dynamic guest cohosts for The Paracast. The excitement and dynamics may change, but they will still be an important part of the show.

I'm sorry to hear this became a shouting match, and I'm sorry to see Randall go.

Its just strange - I've had to battle to get my Pfizer earlier than the government was promising, just to protect myself.
Personal liberties are rather relative in the real life.

Well if you're British, stiff upper lip. But I'm not so we can bring in the electric 20-feet penguin with tentacles.
(Now you say you hate Monty Python)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back