• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is UFO/ET Disclosure Imminent?

Very intelligent politician/tactician ! Every vote counts !, The spectrum from right wing conservative evangelicals (aka Palin) to left wing cosmic consciousness wackos like me :D needs to be covered lol.

I'm sure he's observed the backlash Fyfe Symington got and didn't want a repeat ;)

But seriously... IMHO, as a naval aviator, I'd be suprised to discover that he's unfamiliar and has a closed-mind perspective with this subject. The event pile is stacking up against that idea.

Very true, i just found it interesting that there there was no laughter by him which was encouraging. It is safe to assume that the laughter probably came from certain sections of the media assholes.

We (ufologists, sane observers of the paranormal, and so on) are in a no-win situation when it comes to the exopolitics crowd. Many of us have openly speculated on the motivations of someone like Michael Salla, to the point we begin to look like paranoid conspiracy theorists gone nuts. He is probably just incompetent. We can't ignore the kooks, because by not speaking up about their nonsense we look to the general public like we are basically in agreement with them. Arguing with them eats up time and energy that would be vastly more profitably spent doing investigations and research. Stan Friedman alone has burned up enough resources to produce another book in refuting the bullshit he is qualified to take on. It's sad, but you can't blame Stan. If your house is attacked by termites, you have to do something.

Has anyone considered the possibility that some of these disclosure proponents are intentionally making a mockery of the UFO topic on purpose?? This might, and seems to have, diverted any real consideration for the topic. It also makes the topic continue to look nonsensical and ridicule worthy. If the government really had something to hide, would it be in their best interest that the topic was shunned and viewed as delusional or fantasy?? In other words exactly what the disclosure people are making it??

IMO there's no other conclusion.

I don't know if this is the case, but it might be IMO. It might also be that some of these people are merely, in fact, mentally deranged in some way. That seems just as plausible.

It may seem that way but if they get paid enough, they may be willing to do/say anything, to make the whole topic look crazy.

It may seem that way but if they get paid enough, they may be willing to do/say anything, to make the whole topic look crazy.

Here is a sample of 'normal'

Remember when it was normal to think that ships would drop off the edge of earths plateau (flat earth).
flat-earth.jpg

Remember when it was 'normal' to think that the entire universe used to rotate around the earth
ptolmai2.jpg

Its always better to be ahead of the next 'paradigm shift' than behind it
090813-galaxy-life-02.widec.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32403430/ns/technology_and_science-space/

Many skeptics tout an idea called the anthropic argument that claims extraterrestrial intelligence must be very rare because the time it takes for intelligent life to evolve is, on the average, much longer than the portion of a star's existence that is conducive to such life.
But now astrobiologist Milan M. Cirkovic and colleagues say they've found a flaw in that reasoning.

"A gamma ray burst won't affect whether life will begin at some particular point in time, but it would affect how quickly life develops or takes hold by causing changes in atmospheric chemistry on the planet," Cirkovic said. "This can be interpreted as resetting astrobiological clocks which tick on each habitable planet in the Milky Way."

Right now it is 'normal' to think that humans are the height of intellectual evolution in the universe. (I think most people here think that is absolutely crazy)

Tomorrow it should be 'normal' to be able to measure the intellectual progress of our specie in the context of a 14 billion year old universe and the diversity of its sentient life-forms.

IMHO, disclosure will come when our tools become strong enough to detect 'them'. At that point, whoever has been stealthily exploiting/ harrassing this planet will have to come forward

I think our world needs to run as far and as fast as it can away from Exopilitics. In such a political view, the "Good of the world" would out weigh the individual right of property. So, for example, if it was deemed best for the world to take the 100 acres you own, to build a "Lets greet the aliens" space pad, you would have J.S. to say about it. Exopolitics sux. What, with all their "The aliens are our friends" bs...what makes them the experts on alien life being our friends? If they were our friends why do they need to ABDUCT people?

But...The UK wanted to stomp out the colonies independence because they wanted their OWN capitalism and not "The Kings". capitalism isn't bad, it just isn't good for you if you want to not pay for a doctor.
GASP!!!! Capitalistic Aliens???:D

Confirmation of that possibility could be interpreted to mean that we have no bearing on our destiny (earthlings suck butt).... or perhaps it would provoke a positive reaction and someone would seize the opportunity to raise humanity to higher levels ;)

I see it as the ultimate test of human willpower to go beyond what someone else has labelled us. Two choices, you either assume yourself as a legit life-form or you simply die off.

I can see where rigid belief systems can get crushed by such revelations, but the internet and modern communications is helping to melt the rigidity of hard-boiled cultures. A good example is the current culture clash between Islamic extremists and western values, hopefully we'll reach a humane equilibrium point where both point of views can co-exist ;)

Sometimes you have to wait until a previous hard-core generation dies off before new ideas are accepted (who said that again ?)
Well...if I remember right...
Sometimes you have to wait until a previous hard-core generation dies off before new ideas are accepted (who said that again ?)...that refers to Captain Kirk and the Klingon captain in Star Trek VI Undiscovered Country, where the warriors, or predjudice, or some crap like that, must die off before the undiscovered Country can be found.:D
As for rigid belief systems go...did you know that ALL of the worlds telescopes designed to look at the sun are owned by the Catholic church? Not only that, but that the catholic church is also open to alien "brothers" existing, and they want disclosure?
Co-existence isn't possible. There's only one God dammit!!! And he..he...umm...he made Allah this?:D The Hebrew people tried telling the wolrd that once, and they said NO WAY!!!...but the Hebrews said Yaweh! <grin>
</grin>

The biggest and dearest of all the belief systems, bigger than religion IMO, is faith that our government has our best interests at heart and that the government defines what is truth and what is false for the public.

I agree that faith in "dollars" is right up there. However if you are referring to our economic collapse in the fall of 2008 I don't see how that is any different than faith in the government, call it whatever system you will. Paper dollars are legal tender because of government fiat. It wasn't capitalism that stole US citizen gold in the Great Depression or that enforces crackdowns on alternative mediums of exchange. All the major economies in the world were and are controlled by government owned or partnered central banks which now injected trillions to "save" the economy. Do you believe the economy has been saved after one positive GDP growth quarter? We had many of these during the Great Depression. These people who seek to save the economy are the same people who oversaw the bubble creation and demise. See Bernanke in the summer of 2008 who said all was clear & good. William K Black, top regulator at FHLBB during S&L crisis, said the current crisis is the biggest heist in history and the regulators were asleep at the switch. Hell the FBI reported to Congress in 2003 that derivatives were entirely overleveraged to the tune of a quadrillion dollars (many times world GDP). Congress did nothing. Madoff was part of the SEC board. Government was either turning a blind eye to problems, incompetent or part of creating the problem at every step. Change the subject from the economy to education, terrorism or drugs and the government is always at the root of the problem. Me thinks hoping for any government honesty on the subject of UFOs is nieve at best. Forget government and the mainstream press, they are dinosaurs and are dying because of their deception. We need to focus on building the media of the future. The media of the future will be messy - it ain't gonna be all roses and ponies but there will be a signal of truth in the noise - the Paracast is a great example of that. There's a lot more truth and analysis in one episode of Paracast than anything on the big 3 networks, and like other alternative media sources, people will gravitate to those altnerantive sources because of it. If a few mainstream news anchors have to go back to acting careers in the process - so be it.
WoW! I just don't know how to say this but, I will try. There may be a LOT of truth in one Paracast episode, but it only reaches a minority of people, and of those people, only the ones who aren't trying to show off their "peacock plumes" actually GET the messege unless it's a metaphorical BOOT to the head, in which case the thread gets locked and the convo is over.
People don't want the truth. People want their Ipods, their couches with plasma tv, a beer and a poker game, and for the most part, they just want to not be bothered with anything after a long grueling days work. The UFO stuff, to a majority of the U.S. population is right up there with ghosts...maybe real, but unless one knocks on my door, or steals my ipod, who cares.
...:confused:...:confused:...I'm still trying to get the jist of what you are trying to say here.

Here is a sample of 'normal'

Remember when it was normal to think that ships would drop off the edge of earths plateau (flat earth).
flat-earth.jpg

Remember when it was 'normal' to think that the entire universe used to rotate around the earth
ptolmai2.jpg

Its always better to be ahead of the next 'paradigm shift' than behind it
090813-galaxy-life-02.widec.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32403430/ns/technology_and_science-space/

Many skeptics tout an idea called the anthropic argument that claims extraterrestrial intelligence must be very rare because the time it takes for intelligent life to evolve is, on the average, much longer than the portion of a star's existence that is conducive to such life.
But now astrobiologist Milan M. Cirkovic and colleagues say they've found a flaw in that reasoning.

"A gamma ray burst won't affect whether life will begin at some particular point in time, but it would affect how quickly life develops or takes hold by causing changes in atmospheric chemistry on the planet," Cirkovic said. "This can be interpreted as resetting astrobiological clocks which tick on each habitable planet in the Milky Way."

Right now it is 'normal' to think that humans are the height of intellectual evolution in the universe. (I think most people here think that is absolutely crazy)

Tomorrow it should be 'normal' to be able to measure the intellectual progress of our specie in the context of a 14 billion year old universe and the diversity of its sentient life-forms.

IMHO, disclosure will come when our tools become strong enough to detect 'them'. At that point, whoever has been stealthily exploiting/ harrassing this planet will have to come forward
WoW...REALLY??? The only time it was "Normal" to think that the Sun revolved around the Earth is at the onset of, and the Arrogance of Christianity, holding that Humanity was the center of the Universe.
There are stone carvings from the Sumerians dating back 4,000 years ago which show the Sun CENTERED, and the rest of the planets AROUND it. In just THIS case, humanity didn't evolve, it DE-evolved. I wonder in how many other ways humanity has de-evolved.
.....What do you get when you rub 2 dimes together?
A shift in Pair`a dimes!!!:D

Dammit!!! They will find out about probability bending!!!! I'm found out!!! Ack!:p

WHY would "They" have to come forward? <They...I...same thing...heh heh>:D
Would "they", just say "Doh!!! They can see me!!! Better just fess UP now!" -_- no
"They" could just keep doing what "They" do, mutilate cattle, get high and make "Crop drawings", and weigh lay a couple people now and then when "they're" a bit randy.
Aliens MUST be made to pay taxes just like the rest of us!!!

There are stone carvings from the Sumerians dating back 4,000 years ago which show the Sun CENTERED, and the rest of the planets AROUND it. In just THIS case, humanity didn't evolve, it DE-evolved. I wonder in how many other ways humanity has de-evolved.

C 202 BCE Eratosthenes accurately measured the world, on the assumption, of course, that it was round, but the flat earth idea revived in the medieval period.

No doubt. First the dark ages, then the crusades, followed nicely by the Inquisition, and MORE crusades. The Christian religion is one of the most bloodiest in all human history which holds to having a great omniscient, all knowing, all seeing God who has prepared a special place for you of fire, brimstone, torture, and suffering for all eternity if you don't do as he says...but he LOVES you!!!:D

What history books often gloss over is that the triumph of christianity roughly coincided with the onset of the dark ages.

Roughly. Historians have shied away from using the term 'Dark Ages' in recent years, because the Dark Ages weren't that dark. They usually use 'Medieval Times.' I blame it all on Constantine myself.

And Marluk, dump the purple ink, OK? It looks affected.

No doubt. First the dark ages, then the crusades, followed nicely by the Inquisition, and MORE crusades. The Christian religion is one of the most bloodiest in all human history which holds to having a great omniscient, all knowing, all seeing God who has prepared a special place for you of fire, brimstone, torture, and suffering for all eternity if you don't do as he says...but he LOVES you!!!:D

Yep. and btw while I've long known that christianity itself is phony, only after reading Ehrman's Jesus Interrupted did I realize just how phony....

Roughly. Historians have shied away from using the term 'Dark Ages' in recent years, because the Dark Ages weren't that dark. They usually use 'Medieval Times.'

The dark ages AKA early middle ages, was from 476 to 800. Things weren't so bad until the wars between the goths and byzantines around the mid 6th century.

I blame it all on Constantine myself.

So did Gibbon, rather eloquently.

Back