• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I think it sucks.

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepc

Skilled Investigator
The show has evolved into crap.

It went from a talented, independent, hard-hitting, almost skeptical paranormal podcast into a sold-out whore of mediocre quasi-intellectual nonsense that satisfies neither the skeptic nor the believer.

Further, it has become an ad-ridden menace that I have already deleted from my computer.

Don't send me the "we miss you" emails anymore either. When you "miss me" just email one your advertisers, there's lots to choose from, they will keep you company.

Don't know what happened to you, Gene.. I wish David were back to talk you out of all of this.

Even the new intro sucks.

Maybe send me an email when you go back to what made you popular.

Thanks of your comments, though I find the conclusion out of sync with reality.

In fact, a number of the recent guests include individuals who have been on the show previously, such as Stanton Friedman, Kathleen Marden, Jim Moseley, Allen Greenfield, Richard Dolan, Stan Gordon, Philip Imbrogno, David Jacobs, Budd Hopkins, Nick Pope, Kevin Randle and Ted Phillips. We have Leslie Kean back this weekend and a whole lot of other compelling guests scheduled for the next few weeks.

Talk me out of what? Not constantly attacking guests after their segment is done, engaging in emotional outbursts, telling the audience how awful the UFO field is and dropping off the show before it ends? Asking softball questions of guests whom we are allegedly predisposed to believe in?

I like to think we are far more professional these days.

As to what made us popular, our download count and audience is up 50% over what it was before the co-host changeover — and I'm not including those who can hear us on terrestrial radio or the GCN network's own site. That tells me that the audience by and large accepts what we are doing and how we're doing it. More to the point, our listeners include people who stopped listening, but have now returned.

As to the ads, the number is the same as every other syndicated radio show in the U.S. No difference, and saying don't run the ads is illogical. They are required in our contract, just as they are for other talk shows. It doesn't mean we earn more money (we don't), but it's the price you pay for extra distribution.

That to me is a reality that I am happy to embrace. I hope you will too.

I have to admit, I'm finding the show good enough to tolerate the new format. It's sort of like having your hair caught on fire while having sex with Megan Fox....you just put up with the pain.

I have to admit, I'm finding the show good enough to tolerate the new format. It's sort of like having your hair caught on fire while having sex with Megan Fox....you just put up with the pain.

Thanks. And remember we won't object if you fast forward through the ads you don't want to hear. But we hope you will listen to the announcements for our own sponsors (usually the first minute of the first three breaks for each hourly segment). If you are interested in the products and services they offer and take advantage of them, they'll stay with us and help us pay the bills. :)

I think an official Paracast Drinking Game is really needed. And quite frankly I'm surprised there isn't a forum dedicated to it. Including the commercials in the drinking would promote listening to them so its a fiscally responsible thing to do. (ah-hem)

1. Anytime you hear a commercial trying to scare you into buying something, take a shot.
2. Anytime Gene mentions "dinosaurs" take a shot.
3. ...

I think an official Paracast Drinking Game is really needed. And quite frankly I'm surprised there isn't a forum dedicated to it. Including the commercials in the drinking would promote listening to them so its a fiscally responsible thing to do. (ah-hem)

1. Anytime you hear a commercial trying to scare you into buying something, take a shot.
3. ...

Maybe an iPhone game.

And some new T-shirt designs, if we can recruit some talented people who help us make them up. :)

3. ...

Call me a light-weight but we'd be drunk in the first half hour. Then we wouldn't be able to fast-forward.

Anytime "ETH" is mentioned.
Anytime "exopolitics" is mentioned.
Anytime "the trickster" is mentioned, or makes an appearance.

Anytime "ETH" is mentioned.
Anytime "exopolitics" is mentioned.
Anytime "the trickster" is mentioned, or makes an appearance.

The ETH is still the most common UFO theory (even though I think it may only be part of an answer), so you don't want to hear about UFOs?

The ETH is still the most common UFO theory (even though I think it may only be part of an answer), so you don't want to hear about UFOs?

No, I was just throwing out terms for the drinking game. I didn't mean to promote or bash any of them. I was only promoting the consumption of alcohol (by responsible adults of course).

Cheers!!

The show has evolved into crap.

It went from a talented, independent, hard-hitting, almost skeptical paranormal podcast into a sold-out whore of mediocre quasi-intellectual nonsense that satisfies neither the skeptic nor the believer.

Further, it has become an ad-ridden menace that I have already deleted from my computer.

Don't send me the "we miss you" emails anymore either. When you "miss me" just email one your advertisers, there's lots to choose from, they will keep you company.

Don't know what happened to you, Gene.. I wish David were back to talk you out of all of this.

Even the new intro sucks.

Maybe send me an email when you go back to what made you popular.

Thanks for listening mikepc. I'm sure we all here will miss your input and critique of the show. I know i will. About as much as a rectal examination.

No, I was just throwing out terms for the drinking game. I didn't mean to promote or bash any of them. I was only promoting the consumption of alcohol (by responsible adults of course).

Cheers!!

Yes indeed. Inclusion in the drinking game shouldn't be viewed as criticism at all. It's just an excuse to make somebody take another shot. What could be more wholesome and friendly than that now I ask you?

So the person who drinks the most without passing out wins?

Or be like me and just know when I've had enough.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

I totally sympathize with you, Mike, honestly. Everybody knows I'm a serious critic of the show's new format but any criticisms will fall on deaf ears unwilling to change anything 'back'. There's no going back on the show now and, unfortunately, your only options are to either do what you're doing, walk away, or by swallowing your bile brought on by the new format and plowing through it. I don't blame anybody, really, for either course of action. They do have interesting guests and the mood is lighter than before, but this is not the Paracast we've grown to know and love over the last four years. This is an entirely different program, for better or worse.

Changing back isn't possible. The only way for The Paracast to grow is to move on. To be blunt, the original setup seriously stagnated our growth -- listenership actually declined slightly. And we are, as a matter of fact, more serious now. I won't bore you with the details.

What's more, I haven't changed. I've always produced and edited The Paracast. The only format change is slight -- more rigid station break points, which also means a somewhat more organized conversational flow. The revolving co-host lineup has made for a richer selection of guests and information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back