• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I have found the perfect guest

See?

The definition assumes difference between the state in the direction of progression and the state of opposite direction of progression

Earth is in many ways hell compared to other realms. You can't just say that every realm is equal

Reading Showflake's posts is a lot like trying to explain nuclear physics through interpretive dance.

I hope that other people figure out what this person is doing.

I'm done with this board for now. The outright idiocy, and pedantic nonsense by this poster's pretension has sickened me to the point to where I'm done.

It's been oodles of fun.

Later all.

Ok, what happens, now, do I get banned for chasing members away?

It was not my intention

It seems you have these reactions to my posts, and yet, I can't figure out which part makes you angry, and which part is stupid to you.
I simply don't understand your reactions. You had an NDE experience and you assume everybody elses experience are nonsense (including my own spiritual experiences).
So if anyone had spiritual experiences in their life that DIDN'T put them into this nihilistic worldview that you have, you assume they are full of BS?

It was not my intention

Banning only happens when people openly abuse the hosts, or each other, based on moderator discretion. Sometimes the banning is the result of volatile tempers - today I banned a longtime, mostly constructive member for enticing me to become vulgar and use harsh language, when I probably should have had a thicker skin and more patience. Tommy has become a good friend, and hopefully, he'll reconsider and return. I know that it's often frustrating to interact in this medium, the lack of eye contact, body language and other physical nuance sometimes heats thing up a little too quickly. As I said, I'm often guilty of this behavior myself.

In this particular situation, showflake, I think that Tommy has a disdain for "new age talk", as do I generally, while I'll add that, in principal, I agree with most of the main points you make. So no, you will not be banned for making Tommy go a little crazy. Make me a little crazy and hell, I'm a loose cannon, anything is possible. ::)

dB

Well, I don't consider myself to be "New Age" in any way. If I sound like that, well, ok, but that's not a crime either.
And while, everything I or anybody else posts, Is just an opinion, regardless of how much personal proof a person might have (it's still an opinion), I can't start my every post with IMO (although I try to include IMO's as often as possible) , and constantly keep reminding people how it's all an opinion (which forums are all about in the end, just putting out your views in a take it or leave it fashion).
Generally I assume, that people understand that posts on forums are usually meant to be taken as opinions and not scientific publications which require proof and peer review.
I realize that sometimes I express more than just my view, but openly give "advices" to people based on my beliefs, but don't we all? It's just that some people's advices sound a lot stranger and irrational (like mine perhaps). If Tommy said to me, use that brand of a car, it's better (it worked for him so he assumes it might for me too) , isn't that the same as if I said to him "pray more" or "ask guidance from light beings" or whatever (as long as it's based on my own experience). The mechanism is the same, it's just that the content of the advice is far more "out there" and might seem irrational.

It was not my intention

It seems you have these reactions to my posts, and yet, I can't figure out which part makes you angry, and which part is stupid to you.
I simply don't understand your reactions. You had an NDE experience and you assume everybody elses experience are nonsense (including my own spiritual experiences).
So if anyone had spiritual experiences in their life that DIDN'T put them into this nihilistic worldview that you have, you assume they are full of BS?

It's a given that not everyone is going to click here. Believe it or not, I find myself not responding to a lot of people, just because it's pointless. It sometimes takes a handful of bad exchanges to know who to just ignore etc. At the same time, I've seen some people at each other's throats for days, turn out to get along later.

Banning only happens when people openly abuse the hosts, or each other, based on moderator discretion. Sometimes the banning is the result of volatile tempers - today I banned a longtime, mostly constructive member for enticing me to become vulgar and use harsh language, when I probably should have had a thicker skin and more patience. Tommy has become a good friend, and hopefully, he'll reconsider and return. I know that it's often frustrating to interact in this medium, the lack of eye contact, body language and other physical nuance sometimes heats thing up a little too quickly. As I said, I'm often guilty of this behavior myself.

In this particular situation, showflake, I think that Tommy has a disdain for "new age talk", as do I generally, while I'll add that, in principal, I agree with most of the main points you make. So no, you will not be banned for making Tommy go a little crazy. Make me a little crazy and hell, I'm a loose cannon, anything is possible. ::)

dB

I don't think I have the ability to ban. It may be only an admin thing. Since forum changes I haven't seen it. I vaguely recall having the ability in the past, though I'm not certain.

If Tommy said to me, use that brand of a car, it's better (it worked for him so he assumes it might for me too) , isn't that the same as if I said to him "pray more" or "ask guidance from light beings" or whatever (as long as it's based on my own experience). The mechanism is the same, it's just that the content of the advice is far more "out there" and might seem irrational.

Well, one is a consumer product, the other is a belief system. Not the same thing, and sure to evoke different levels of emotional content in responses.

dB

But what if the experience of for example, praying or meditation, to me has as real as effect as driving a car (or being more useful than driving a car)? Wouldn't that give me as much right to give advice around as a person driving a car?

But what if the experience of for example, praying or meditation, to me has as real as effect as driving a car? Wouldn't that give me as much right to give advice around as a person driving a car?

Uh, no. What's real to you is not what's real to everyone else, and you certainly shouldn't expect other people to have the same outlook as you. To do so is foolish at best, IMO. And while you might think you have a "right" to give other people advice, those people have the same "right" to tell you to take a hike. No rocket science here, it's really quite simple.

dB

Well, ok, they do have that right, which is why I agreed not to do it anymore In case of Tommy when he told me to take a hike, no problem there. But he seems to have continued to react to my posts which are not directly related to him.

Well, ok, they do have that right, which is why I agreed not to do it anymore In case of Tommy when he told me to take a hike, no problem there. But he seems to have continued to react to my posts which are not directly related to him.

He had you on ignore, so he said. For whatever reason that didn't last long. Maybe he found it as too passive aggressive, which is something he accused me of being lol. :D

Yes, but the fact that he had to use (or consider using) the ignore function simply not to see any of my posts, which don't address him personally, seems to me like he feels every post of mine is some kind of great social injustice.
At any rate, my posts in this thread seemed to have done too much damage, so it's just best to drop it, and it's all off-topic anyway

Back