• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I Have a video of ghost/apparition/something...How to proceed?

Is there any equipment or Aircon/heating system* that could cause a disturbance to the air in the room?

The smoke from a burning incense stick can help to illuminate the behaviour of the air in a room. (think wind tunnel for Aerodynamic design)

*Things like: Computers or other electrical equipment with fans etc.

Okay, what I see is something with a potentially continuous motion. The one very large motion when the thing seems to come from the open drawer - that is one motion that arcs forward and then to the left and back. When it goes in front of the 'shade' or 'blind' in front of the window it appears to disappear but I think it's still there moving to the right and then down where it again appears briefly, and so on. (All movements of bedcovers seemed consonant with body movement - arms, legs, etc.)

It does not behave like a small insect imo. It's not a dust mote, either - the movement doesn't jive with a dust mote's erratic, drifting nature. There seems to be a trajectory. It is a smooth trajectory - like as if from a flashlight that is being beamed around the room.

I would plot out the trajectory frame-by-frame. or second-by-second.

I don't see self-illumination. Rather, I suspect our seeing 'it' as a function of the light coming from the television (or from a flashlight). I'm very curious to know what is going on with the lighted television screen - some minute action not discernible to the camera's eye yet occurring on some regular basis so that the 'it' is 'illuminated' at regular intervals. I am more inclined to see a flashlight at work here, though.

To say it's a ghost/apparition is suggestive and premature imo.

Last edited:
I'd need to see the uncompressed original to make an analysis. Probably a moth at first glance, but has a strange shape--almost fish-like in a couple of frames.

Mr. O'Brien would you be willing to take a look at the original footage? Or do you know of somebody that is willing and capable of making an analysis? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Mr. O'Brien would you be willing to take a look at the original footage? Or do you know of somebody that is willing and capable of making an analysis? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Sure. FTP a link or send it to me. I can receive up to 125 or so meg emails. I can have someone take a look.

If I was filming a schufftan reflection of a small fast fish like say these danios , I probably would make sure I couldn't here the water filter motor in the background

No fish tank in the house.....I only referred to it as fish because it kinda has a shape of one ...larger body section, smaller fin (at the back).

I'm pretty sure what's captured is a flying insect that is 'illuminated' by the light source towards the bottom left.

Hope you get to the bottom of what your son is seeing.

Received feed back from Mr. O'Brien. According to his analyst I was punked by my son. I have no idea how he could have faked this at all...puzzling to me. When I get home I am going to interrogate my boy to get to the truth. I just can't wrap my head around how my son that was 11 or so when this happened could have faked this... Until I hear it from his mouth I still have doubts. Disregard this thread.

Received feed back from Mr. O'Brien. According to his analyst I was punked by my son. I have no idea how he could have faked this at all...puzzling to me. When I get home I am going to interrogate my boy to get to the truth. I just can't wrap my head around how my son that was 11 or so when this happened could have faked this... Until I hear it from his mouth I still have doubts. Disregard this thread.

So what was it? Flashlight? I'm curious. :cool:

Back