• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I Have a video of ghost/apparition/something...How to proceed?

ManitobaCanuk

Paranormal Maven
Hello,

I have a video of a ghost/spirit/who knows. It was taken on a HD webcam. I have the original video. It has never been seen by anyone outside my immediate family. It looks like a big goldfish. It is self illuminated and in HD. It moves around the room, moves an object, and looks like a Rod when it takes off. My question is I want the video analysed by a competent video expert. I know no one is going to believe it unless it gets vetted by a recognized expert. How do I do that? Can anybody recommend someone that would be interested in taking a look at it and more importantly prove no trickery or digital manipulation was used. I know it is genuine but I realize the burden of proof is on me to prove it is genuine.

Any ideas and/or suggestions

Thank You,
ManitobaCanuk

Interesting. Here's a screencap I have of something similar captured on video:

QHBv4et.jpg

I believe maintaining the integrity of your raw video file would be important.

Don't run it though any processors. Leave the EXIF data as it is. Burn the raw file to a CD or DVD disc. Store that disc in a box with the camera you used to make it.

I'm following this because I want to know which researcher the wise elders here believe would be the best person to contact if I ever caught something interesting on video.

I'm a newbie to the UFO field, and still trying to sort out the credibility of the celebrities in this area.

three names off the top of my head that I believe have the corresponding knowledge to help with the kind of advice you need:
1 Chris O'Brien 2 Pixelsmith 3 lance moody (not sure if he is still banned?)
I would try all three. this thread was a good idea, but a few PM's of likely forum members could also be a good idea.

I have to say that the "fish" shape has got my interest! Good luck, and I can't wait to see the video.

Hello,

I have a video of a ghost/spirit/who knows. It was taken on a HD webcam. I have the original video. It has never been seen by anyone outside my immediate family. It looks like a big goldfish. It is self illuminated and in HD. It moves around the room, moves an object, and looks like a Rod when it takes off. My question is I want the video analysed by a competent video expert. I know no one is going to believe it unless it gets vetted by a recognized expert. How do I do that? Can anybody recommend someone that would be interested in taking a look at it and more importantly prove no trickery or digital manipulation was used. I know it is genuine but I realize the burden of proof is on me to prove it is genuine.

Any ideas and/or suggestions

Thank You,
ManitobaCanuk

Post the raw video data on a file sharing site for download and let whoever wants to analyze it take a look at it.
Include all the relevant information like the location, date and time and the particulars of the incident in a plain text file.

Any suggestions as to which sharing site is appropriate? I know YouTube compresses the video a lot so that would not work. People would be able to see it but not have a good copy to analyze. More I think about it I will YouTube it so you all can see what I am talking about. Once you see it and if you want the raw file I will send you a link to it. I want to stay anonymous, I do not crave attention, nor need money. I just want the world to see. More importantly I want it vetted as untampered. Once that is done the real conversation can start. I am at the office at the moment and will post it this weekend.

Yes, YouTube will muck it up if you upload it there.

Send the file to me and I will put it up publicly, or with a password if you wish, on hosting space I have. I'll send you my email address in a PM.

If the file is too large for email (> 25 megs most places), I'll make a space for you to upload it.

Hello , I chose to upload to youtube so you all can see this. I have the original 5-6 hour original video that was taken. I used windows movie maker to clip the minute long segment out. You guys and gals are the first in the world to see this. Its in HD so make sure you toggle to 1080p. If you zoom in on it when it makes the wide swinging arc through the bedroom, doesn't it have the shape of a fish..

If anybody knows of a good video analyst that would take a look at the original, PM me... Thanks.

I doubt it is dust. It shoots out from under the bed near the end of the video. The thing is self illuminated, the only light source in the room is the TV. Respectfully please watch it again. Thanx.

Thanks for uploading this.

Sorry, but I wouldn't go for the anomalous explanation. Might be a tiny flying insect. I think "rods" have been debunked as insects and birds, and the last part, where it takes off, reminds me of a rod, too.

May I ask why you were recording this? Just testing the equipment or did you have reason to hope getting some "haunting type phenomema" on tape (i.e. any previous experiences of the kind)?

EDIT: I just read the youtube text, so my question has been answered. But actually, I have more questions. Why do you think it's self-illuminated? The bluish light seems not so different from the light emitted by the screen. And where does it move an object? I didn't catch that.

Last edited:
My son was telling us for awhile that he was seeing things in his room. He took it upon himself to let the tape run as he slept. It took several nights but he got something. I have the raw 5-6 hour video that this excerpt was cut from. I did not believe what he was telling me or was aware that he was filming at night until he brought this to me.

Is the "moving an object" the part when the bedsheet is going up? Does he say, he wasn't doing it? It does look a bit strange.

Why I think it's a moth and/or dust particle and or combination of the two flying near to the camera lens: it does not cleanly exit the field of view i.e. fly to the extreme edge of the room, instead, it vanishes on a hard line edge; it literally disappears or slices - this is especially evident the first time it appears and disappears in the lower right hand corner of the frame. It's entirely out of focus and you can tell just how close it is to the camera when it is very distorted and big, and once it moves past the lens it just slices out of view as any small object moving directly in front of a lens would. This same sudden disappearance effect is similar to the sudden fading of satellites once they skirt past the viewable sky window, though in that case the light fades more as it's a much bigger field of view compared to the tiny lens, but the principle is the same.

The movement in bed could be the stirring of air currents that creates this effect with dust. Or check out that open top drawer, where it appears to come out of before arcing - that could well be a small moth going after some cotton socks.

Those would be the two things I would tell my son and demonstrate with him as well. I'm extremely reluctant to enourge any kind of paranormal or ghost talk with kids, especially if they are of the age when sleep, nightmares and the boogeyman are an issue. I would minimize that talk altogether and not allow him to record himself at night anymore lest he fuel his own anxious fire. You should test those theories and see how dust particles are easily illuminated when up close to a lens. My priority would be working that out for more restful sleeps before the full on ghost investigation begins.

Last edited:
Chris I think has had lots of experience with dust orbs so I'm sure he could make a wise analysis. To me - and I am no expert - there are a couple of parts to the motion that do not strike me as dust on air currents but as I said, I really have no skills in this area. Certainly worth taking a look at because I've seen light anomalies in other vids that just cannot be dust or insects.

My top priority has and is always my boys safety. He is not fearful at all. He never expressed fear or dread at all ever when this topic came up. He is 11 in this video and is blessed with a scientific mind not a superstitious one. He was fascinated not fearful of the experience. Braver than I would have been at his age. In regards to when the blanket moves vertically, he says he does not remember moving or feeling anything touch him. To me it does look like he raises his arm all of a sudden.

Points to observe in the video:

- At 20 seconds his blanket ruffles, then at 21 seconds you see it mid screen moving to the right.
- At 32 seconds it makes a sweeping arc (right to left) across the screen.
- At 40 seconds it flashes in the bottom right of the screen.
- At 47 seconds his blankets in the corner of the bed (bottom left of the screen) ruffle very quickly.
- At 1:01 his blankets life straight up near his midsection (Look to me like he lifted his arm)
-At 1:03 it shoots out quickly from under his blankets (moving left to right) at approx 45 degrees and disappears off frame.

Back