• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I, Global Warming Skeptic

Please re-read what I wrote. I'm not in any "camp." Did you even read what I wrote? As Trained said, this is becoming a waste, although I'm sure if any of the other members are reading this, they're having a good chuckle.
Have you seen me mention anything about global policies and taxes? Please answer that.

Yes you are in a "camp". You have swallowed the AGW BS hook, line and sinker. You have no clue WHERE to find observed data, you have no clue who the real scientists are, you have no clue about the foundation of the AGW movement, you have no clue that global policies and taxation are a major player in your AGW pseudo science. Please direct me to the empirical evidence that Human caused CO2 is causing catastrophic global warming. Let me clue you in... you can't. That is why the whole movement is falling apart.

Yes you are in a "camp". You have swallowed the AGW BS hook, line and sinker. You have no clue WHERE to find observed data, you have no clue who the real scientists are, you have no clue about the foundation of the AGW movement, you have no clue that global policies and taxation are a major player in your AGW pseudo science. Please direct me to the empirical evidence that Human caused CO2 is causing catastrophic global warming. Let me clue you in... you can't. That is why the whole movement is falling apart.

I guess we're done here Pixel. You sound so angry, and dealing with you makes me realize that there's no reasoning with that type of emotion. You sound like you've been burned by someone and I don't want to add to your aggravation.
Good luck.

another interesting link is here. I doubt you will check it out tho.
Table of Contents: A Laymans Guide to Man-Made Global Warming | Climate Skeptic

you really need to pay close attention to this quote.

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill.... All these dangers are caused by human intervention... The real enemy, then, is humanity itself."
"Richard Haass, 1991 Club of Rome think tank, "The First Global Revolution"

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

I guess we're done here Pixel. You sound so angry, and dealing with you makes me realize that there's no reasoning with that type of emotion. You sound like you've been burned by someone and I don't want to add to your aggravation.
Good luck.

yup fight or flight. very typical and quite normal reaction from people like you. It is impossible for you to back up your views so you take your ball and go home.... just like Al Gore and the rest of them in your camp.

another interesting link is here. I doubt you will check it out tho.
Table of Contents: A Laymans Guide to Man-Made Global Warming | Climate Skeptic

you really need to pay close attention to this quote.

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill.... All these dangers are caused by human intervention... The real enemy, then, is humanity itself."
"Richard Haass, 1991 Club of Rome think tank, "The First Global Revolution"

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

yup fight or flight. very typical and quite normal reaction from people like you. It is impossible for you to back up your views so you take your ball and go home.... just like Al Gore and the rest of them in your camp.

I predicted you would say that a few posts back, but since you hardly read what I write, it's not surprising. Again, as I have said, Al Gore's movie embellished a lot of the science. You would know that if you read what people wrote, but you've got your talking points and you just keep repeating them. You kind of remind me of Sarah Palin.

I predicted you would say that a few posts back, but since you hardly read what I write, it's not surprising. Again, as I have said, Al Gore's movie embellished a lot of the science. You would know that if you read what people wrote, but you've got your talking points and you just keep repeating them. You kind of remind me of Sarah Palin.

no problem... you are not alone, none of your government paid scientists can provide actual science either.

I have provided several links leading you to actual science and non government paid scientists. you provided a couple links to some magazines and a government employee run web site... pretty typical of your ilk. No problem, keep supporting the AGW movement and you too can be responsible for millions of deaths.

Here's a thought. I wonder how many people on polar opposites of a debate really and truly read and study the provided "links" of their opponent? Yet, names are called and study after study after study is linked and all in the name of "science" or "reason" or whatever. Truth is (in my case anyway) I never, ever "study" very closely the link after link after link that somebody I don't agree with provides. They more than likely don't look that closely at mine. Now, if its a "pithy" little synopsis that I can understand and finish in a couple of minutes or less I will read it. Even link some stuff from it. But the ole "Go to imriteurwron.com" and read study after study that proves what in idiot you are for disagreeing with me? I never read those. :) Just a thought before you two bust a gasket. :)

no problem... you are not alone, none of your government paid scientists can provide actual science either.

I have provided several links leading you to actual science and non government paid scientists. you provided a couple links to some magazines and a government employee run web site... pretty typical of your ilk. No problem, keep supporting the AGW movement and you too can be responsible for millions of deaths.

No problem dude!
Thanks for the debate. It was a lot of fun.
Keep thinking like you do. You won't have to worry about it anyway.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Here's a thought. I wonder how many people on polar opposites of a debate really and truly read and study the provided "links" of their opponent? Yet, names are called and study after study after study is linked and all in the name of "science" or "reason" or whatever. Truth is (in my case anyway) I never, ever "study" very closely the link after link after link that somebody I don't agree with provides. They more than likely don't look that closely at mine. Now, if its a "pithy" little synopsis that I can understand and finish in a couple of minutes or less I will read it. Even link some stuff from it. But the ole "Go to imriteurwron.com" and read study after study that proves what in idiot you are for disagreeing with me? I never read those. :) Just a thought before you two bust a gasket. :)

That's what I've been saying!!!!!
Christ. I'm not on any extreme side of anything. Does no one read the posts? What's the point.

We have had earth changes ever since we have had an earth. We will continue to do so. Humans make the biggest impact of any creature on earth on the enviroment. So, you both have a point. I'm not in the sky is falling lets all carpool group. And I'm not in the "humans have no responsibilty for the enviroment group." But, TO makes some good points here. I don't think we are gonna change mother earth at this point. It's Cosmic man! 8)

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Christ. I'm not on any extreme side of anything. Does no one read the posts? What's the point.

Silly Rabbit. Tricks are for kids. :cool:<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

We have had earth changes ever since we have had an earth. We will continue to do so. Humans make the biggest impact of any creature on earth on the enviroment. So, you both have a point. I'm not in the sky is falling lets all carpool group. And I'm not in the "humans have no responsibilty for the enviroment group." But, TO makes some good points here. I don't think we are gonna change mother earth at this point. It's Cosmic man! 8)

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Silly Rabbit. Tricks are for kids. :cool:<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

Tyder, that's pretty much where I stand as well dude.

I actually stopped reading the entirety of both of (as my Clevaland relatives would say) youse guys post a while back. Just peruse the "yer an idiot" highlights. :p But, I kid both of you. It's been entertaining during my lunch break.

Peace.
Steve

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

OH yeah since I mentioned Cleveland. Go Tribe! The Cubs are a myth and I'm tired of hearing about em and their world series problem. :p

Pixelsmith, I won't argue that CO2 is important for life, but the stuff that comes along with it is not good for us, as you would never want to breathe in the fumes from a car.

The exhaust fumes emitted by a car are carbon MONOxide. (One oxygen molecule) What animals exhale and plants absorb is carbon DIoxide. (Two oxygen molecules)
Big difference.

Carry on guys.

The exhaust fumes emitted by a car are carbon MONOxide. (One oxygen molecule) What animals exhale and plants absorb is carbon DIoxide. (Two oxygen molecules)
Big difference.

Carry on guys.

Actually some CO2 does come out of the exhaust of a car equipped with a catalytic convertor.

Big difference.

Carry on guys.

Both, among other gasses, are emitted by cars. CO2 is not poisonous and will not kill you if you breathe it in. Carbon Monoxide is poison and will kill you.
Di-hydrogen Monoxide is also emitted.

Angelos problem is that he does not have a clue what the AGW movement is about. They want to control/tax/regulate the entire global population by making what we exhale (C02) a poison.

Di-hydrogen Monoxide (water) is the most abundant greenhouse gas and is not able to be modeled properly in the climate models.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Yay, common ground!

I see you are just now starting to do an ounce of research. Keep it up and we can discuss in 6-10 years.

umm... no. i think i knew about the scientific name way back in 5th grade.

I was a science student in college, but then went to business, and now I have an Art History degree. So i know.
I was joking. It's from a Penn and Teller Bullshit episode where they showed how people can be convinced of anything if they make the name sound scary enough. They did the same thing with the ridiculous notion of carbon credits.

charts and graphs for your research Angelo.
C3: Historical Temperatures - Charts/Graphs

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

I was a science student in college, but then went to business, and now I have an Art History degree. So i know.
I was joking. It's from a Penn and Teller Bullshit episode where they showed how people can be convinced of anything if they make the name sound scary enough. They did the same thing with the ridiculous notion of carbon credits.

You mean like global cooling, global warming, climate change, climate disruption, etc etc..?

Back