• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hysteria drives UFO gatekeepers debunking exopolitics pioneers

Decker

Administrator
Staff member

I just got back from a neighborhood party and was checking my email and received the above in an email from Yahoo. In this was an article written by Dr. Michael Salla lambasting the "UFO Gatekeepers" which as I read into the article included the Paracast and Gene Steinberg and David Biedny. I was surprised, to say the least. Okay, allow me to wax and wane just a little bit before I address this article.

When I was a police officer and then detective I often found myself going into a case sometimes with preconceived notions. I soon found them slapped out of me by more experienced officers. This was in my early days, and they were lessons well needed by me. The facts of a case, not to mention the clues connected with a case then led to, hopefully, the correct facts and a successful conclusion or in other words the guilty ended up being charged. Later, when I became involved with UFO research I vowed to act in the same manner as in a criminal case. In my mind this was the only way to go.

I don't know Dr. Sala but having read any number of things he has written I am convinced Dr. Sala is a believer. A believer in any movement can be a very dangerous thing if they are not willing to examine the facts and forget about preconcieved notions. I saw it with Dr. Steven Greer, I saw it with many others over the years. Hell, I left UFOs but it is like herpes, the gift that keeps on giving. To lambast anyone because they ask questions or even judge a case because of people that are connected with the case is something that must be done IF WE ARE GOING TO BE HONEST ABOUT THIS. No one is qualified in the civilian UFO movement to make a determination of what is going on IF THEY ARE HONEST. I read the following and it pissed me off because of the naivete of Salla. Okay, he may have a Phd, but in this case perhaps that old saw about Phd simply meaning Piled higher and deeper may apply. You read this then make your own conclusion.

Decker

Hi Don

Frank Warren beat you to the punch by a few hours. He made a thread in one of the other forums.

What a complete and utter moron this guy is. It just never ends with him. He literally outdoes himself with each subsequent post!

I've been watching some of the July X-Conference speakers lately. I can't see what they are actually bringing to the phenomena that we haven't already seen. We've already got BS and don't need any more. Some speakers are just repackaging other people's ideas and information without due credit. They haven't checked their sources either. Bob Dean has gained a lot of attention and seems like a repackaged John Lear to me. The guy is a wrong one. Deeply dodgy. Salla and the guys won't make a dent in the UFO mystery. Seeing as there's no evidence they do original research or investigation...the apparent secrecy behind the phenomena will remain. The Exopolitics/ Disclosure Project is more like a pyramid scheme. The well-known faces are making good money...the gullible are losing their money. $999 to be taught to be an 'ambassador' for aliens! WTF?! They're an utter ****ing disgrace to the whole subject.

So much for Nick Pope. Seeing him up there on stage with Greer and the other buffoons really takes away his credibility.

Just got done watching a one hour long presentation by Bob Dean in Spain, through Proj Camelot on Youtube. I wasn't familiar with Dean, so I rushed over here to run his name through search. My god, what a load a crap! He claims "they" are mining the rings of Saturn and are using "mother ships" 3000 miles long. I remain convinced that the exo folks are disinfo plants.

The exopolitics crowd has serious problem with anyone who doesn't toe the company line. Greer, Salla, and the rest don't try and get the "signal from the noise" (as David is fond of saying). They just think that the more voices (nuts or otherwise) somehow advances their cause, and people like Don, Gene, David, Paul Kimball, and others who dare question their actions are somehow dragging down their movement.

What the exopolitics crowd needs to realize is that they, themselves, do more damage to their own cause than anyone else could ever do.

So much for Nick Pope. Seeing him up there on stage with Greer and the other buffoons really takes away his credibility.

Aww, crap. That's a real bummer to hear that Nick Pope is hanging around with that crowd.

It's annoying as hell when someone starts off as a level-headed, credible voice in UFO research and then runs off to hop the crazy train.

And I have to agree with Noanswers: If I were going to put together a campaign to discredit any serious research into this topic, it would look a lot like what the exo crowd is up to.

Aww, crap. That's a real bummer to hear that Nick Pope is hanging around with that crowd.

It's annoying as hell when someone starts off as a level-headed, credible voice in UFO research and then runs off to hop the crazy train.

And I have to agree with Noanswers: If I were going to put together a campaign to discredit any serious research into this topic, it would look a lot like what the exo crowd is up to.

It's easy to say guilty by association, Nick Pope is still miles above these other fuckfaces (excuse my language...).

It's easy to say guilty by association, Nick Pope is still miles above these other fuckfaces (excuse my language...).

Nothing to excuse. You are absolutely right. :cool:To many people simply slough honest folks off by coming up with "guilt by association." Good post.

If you think Salla's attack on rational thinking was interesting, check out his "get out of jail" claim to save his hide on the Secret UN Meeting Source A in this blog entry at:

Michael Salla: Military UFO Whistleblower Could Face Jail The 2012 Scenario

This is Salla's story about Source A and how Source A confided in him that since his cover was blown, along with Gilles Lorant, he would have to pretend that the entire story as he told it was a lie and admit that he never served in the military and maybe do a little jail time - all, ostensibly, to protect his cover.

With respect to his story and Gilles Lorant, keep in mind that I went after Salla for his UN Secret Meeting Claim shortly after he made it. I contacted Dr. Jacques Vallee regarding finding out who Gilles Lorant is. He got back to me very shortly with confirmation that Lorant was a fraud. I confronted Mr. Salla quite directly about that. Salla makes no mention of this in what he describes as the mysterious outing of Mr. Lorant whom he refers to as an intelligence agent. He claims that the outing of Mr. Lorant was actually an intelligence ploy to remove Mr. Lorant after his cover was blown. Actually it was simply Dr. Vallee and myself asking some basic questions that Salla couldn't be bothered with when he took the entire Secret UN Meeting story, hook, line and sinker.

What is really funny is Mr. Salla's claim that Lorant might not be so credible but his story is already in the public realm. Of course, the only reason its is in the "public realm" is that he put it there without vetting the story at all.

For the rest of the story check out Reality Uncovererd. They did an excellent job of revealing Source A as a serial liar and a man who had never been in the military who was posing as an officer.

So down goes Lorant and Source A while Salla still claims that a meeting attended by 30 nations took place and that his witnesses were both felled by forces of the intelligence community...

Somewhere out there is a letter that I have seen reflecting a communication between Mr. Salla and a former prosecutor in which Salla claims to be a reporter for the Examiner and attempts to ask some "tough" questions based on his "journalistic credentials" and gets slapped into his place by an experienced and savvy respondent who knew exactly who Michael Salla was.

Anyway, this is what Exopolitics has to offer...

If you think Salla's attack on rational thinking was interesting, check out his "get out of jail" claim to save his hide on the Secret UN Meeting Source A in this blog entry at:

Michael Salla: Military UFO Whistleblower Could Face Jail The 2012 Scenario

For the rest of the story check out Reality Uncovererd. They did an excellent job of revealing Source A as a serial liar and a man who had never been in the military who was posing as an officer.

I conducted two interviews with Reality Uncovered members. Stephen Broadbent in the first one, then with Ryan Dube and Andy Murray.

Also, I called numerous times to the home of "Source A" Richard Thielman and that cowardly piece of horse shit refused to answer the phone even after I started to leave a message. He picked up the phone and then hung it up. I even had the then Ex. VP of Cameo Ent. try to reach Thielman but he refused to get in touch. By the way, I loved the photo of Thielman in his S&M getup with a Master Padlock over his "package". Oh yea ... our Ambassador to the Stars.

Decker

Call me naive if you wish, but I fail to see where Michael Salla is exhibiting naiveté. Perhaps someone can point out an example from the article and a reason.

Just got done watching a one hour long presentation by Bob Dean in Spain, through Proj Camelot on Youtube. I wasn't familiar with Dean, so I rushed over here to run his name through search. My god, what a load a crap! He claims "they" are mining the rings of Saturn and are using "mother ships" 3000 miles long. I remain convinced that the exo folks are disinfo plants.

I'm guessing he's been influenced by the "Ring Makers of Saturn" guy. I forget his name. Has photos of supposed Earth sized motherships in the rings of Saturn. Thinks some of the rings around Saturn are due to exhaust, or a created camouflage to hide the aliens iirc. Yet, there's photos of the "ships".... Us stupid humans out smarted the advanced aliens again.

.... Us stupid humans out smarted the advanced aliens again.

That makes no sense.

Even if an alien craft was imaged, no one could say that humans 'outsmarted the aliens'.

One might say that 'an unusual object was imaged', but to go about claiming intellectual superiority is just stupid.

Monkeys with Cameras - Proof of their suhpeerioritah?

:rolleyes:

@Michael Allen

With respect to Michael Salla and naivete.... one might suggest that its naive to promote an unvalidated story with secret "anonymous" witnesses that were not properly vetted. That is, of course, assuming that Mr. Salla wasn't actually part of the original fraud to begin with. A review of the case itself and his comments about it leave us wondering if he is just grasping at straws to try and save some sense of credibility. He claims that his first witness was an intelligence agent whose cover was compromised without even mentioning how that witness was revealed to be a fraud. I was directly involved in the exposure of that witness:
Secret UN-UFO-Confrence
That is what really happened to Gilles Lorant and its a bit different from what Mr. Salla describes.
Even funnier is the way he deplores the presence of Lorant's story in "the public realm" but it is Mr. Salla who put it there, no one else...
Now he tells us that his Source A in S&M gear has told him that he has to pretend that he was never in the military and that he knows nothing about any of the UN Secret Meeting info and that he may have to "do a little time" to protect his cover.....
Well, you heard Don Ecker's experience with trying to talk to Source A and you have read what Broadbent and co have to say about their investigation of Source A, you have heard what I say happened to Gilles Lorant vs what Mr. Salla says that happened, and you have heard what Michael Salla is trying to spin this off as.... its up to you do use your own deductive skills...
As for me, I would never respect a researcher who allowed himself to be painted into a corner by statements and actions that would later come back to haunt him. That is not being cautious, conservative or tactical in a field that calls for all three qualities. At best he is naive, at worst he is a con man. The fact is that Mr. Salla's nonsensical proclamations and unfounded claims do nothing but tarnish the image of those who respect the problem and the need for a sane and stable presentation. Mr. Salla just hacks stuff together he finds on the internet (he says so himself, see his Wikipedia page) and it seems, to his way of thinking, that everything has an alien standing in the shadows. For someone who has told me that he has never seen a UFO that is a curious thing. Especially when he is selling Galactic Diplomacy Certificates and promoting various events for profit.

That makes no sense.

Even if an alien craft was imaged, no one could say that humans 'outsmarted the aliens'.

One might say that 'an unusual object was imaged', but to go about claiming intellectual superiority is just stupid.

Monkeys with Cameras - Proof of their suhpeerioritah?

:rolleyes:

It wuz a yoke.........

Any reserve military officer who is called back to active for covert missions is not going to say to anyone for public consumption that he is a reserve military officer called back to active for covert missions -- unless said person is a complete moron, and they WILL be reprimanded for that, starting with loss of eligibility for covert missions.

Onto other things...

From the Salla article:

"He described a new openness policy had been adopted by up to 28 nations, and this would begin in 2009 provided two conditions were met. One was that UFOs would continue to appear in large numbers, and that liberal democratic societies would not be destabilized by official openness on the UFO issue..."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The New Age Dreamyland ice-cream-and-lollipops-for-all philosophical agenda emerges!

:)

I suppose if Salla believes without a doubt that ET are here, then it would be logical to temporarily accept all input regarding the phenomena indiscriminately (with the notion that later one would weed out the noise from the signal).

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Back