• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hysteria drives UFO gatekeepers debunking exopolitics pioneers

Free versions of recent episodes:

Tyder,
If we don't police our own we are complicit in their failings. It is a simple matter to investigate the credibility of various people. There are not that many "scientists" in this study. Most are laypeople with various levels of academic and intellectual strength that take on different aspects of the study. If we don't discriminate and focus, concentrate on what is truly knowledge vs speculative nonsense, sloppy research, misinformation, disinformation and cons we will get nowhere...
If people are being lied to for money, I will eat those folks with fava beans and nice Chianti. They are not "our own" and do damage to the real efforts to get to the bottom of this... Even in mainstream science there is debate and peer review and most of it is at least as nasty as what goes on in UFOlogy every day... I think its a sign of life and health that its happening...

I see your point. It's just that (even if you throw this thread out cause I do understand what you are trying to do.) Still, it just seems like the "field" is filled with infighting and so much caricature that it can't possibly hope to be taken serously. However, you do make good points about mainstream science. There is always infighting when you have talented people and big egos and big money grants on the line. However, I still say (I know it pisses many off here) not everything lends itself to a test tube. Not that we shoulnd't try to find the correct sceince to study it ( we should) but that we need to understand the limitations of what we now know. I have had some "paranormal" experience that some "science" fans will say "can't happen" It/they did! But, I could'nt "manifest" em on cue so in some ways they can't (with the limited knowledge we now have) be proven. Still, I cringe when people say "science has proven/disproven" such things as spritual experience. I don't believe in men/wome from space. But, I find the whole "abduction" sceneiro compelling and people like Karla Turner (I think I got that name right) and some others who have posted here very thought provoking. Maybe something spritual or other worldy is going on. Maybe not. I honestly don't know.

@Decker,
Here is more info regarding Sallas difficulties in mainstream academia:

From 1996 to 2004, he was an Assistant Professor/Researcher in Residence at the School of International Service at American University.[4][5] In 2003 he founded American University's Peace Ambassador Program, which, at that time, was described on American University's School of International Service website as a program that "combines study, meditative practices, and prayer ceremonies at selected Washington DC sites aimed at promoting individual self-empowerment and Divine Governance in Washington DC." [1]
A feature article on his suggestion that a visit to the dentist by President Eisenhower in 1954 was actually a meeting with extraterrestrials was published in the Washington Post on February 19, 2004.[1] This created tension with the Center for Global Peace that did not wish to be publicly associated with his "new direction in research".[6] In April 2004, he participated at the X-Conference which led to more public prominence and further threatened his university position.[7] On May 13, 2004, Abdul Aziz Said, Director of American University's Center for Global Peace, sent a letter [8] of dismissal to Salla, citing unauthorized changes Salla had made to the Peace Ambassador Program as the primary reason for Salla's dismissal. The letter also stated that Salla's formal affiliation with American University would not be rescinded, but neither would it be renewed upon its expiration in August 2004.

Robert Hastings just posted the audio recordings of Walt Figel basically showing that Walt Figel is saying a totally different story than what Eric Carlson is hoping you will believe. www.ufochronicles.com

Anyone from RU want to explain why they fell over head and heels for everything the Carlson's said eventhough it appears the real liars are the Carlsons, not Salas.

Robert Hastings just posted the audio recordings of Walt Figel basically showing that Walt Figel is saying a totally different story than what Eric Carlson is hoping you will believe. www.ufochronicles.com

Anyone from RU want to explain why they fell over head and heels for everything the Carlson's said eventhough it appears the real liars are the Carlsons, not Salas.

Don't expect an answer, nice ;)

Back