• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How DO Aliens get here and why do they crash?

Well done, Soupie. ;)
I'd say more like "Nice Try". The only part of the translation from the subject of consciousness to UFOs that applies is the doughnuts, and this looks like a great place to get some .... :D

Randy's_Donuts_LA_California_LC-HS503-532.jpg

s24e2-5.jpg

Last edited:
Other editions
Enlarge cover
703346.jpg

Ancient Inventions
by Peter James, Nick Thorpe
Ancient Inventions rating details · 186 ratings · 17 reviews
"IT'S CHOCKABLOCK WITH CURIOUS LORE....[James and Thorpe] have amassed scores of persuasive testimonials of primeval ingenuity."
--The Boston Globe
We in the twentieth century tend to assume that our era has a monopoly on the inventions of clever machines, labor-saving devices, feats of engineering, and advanced technology. But as the authors of this fascinating and eye-open "IT'S CHOCKABLOCK WITH CURIOUS LORE....[James and Thorpe] have amassed scores of persuasive testimonials of primeval ingenuity."
--The Boston Globe
We in the twentieth century tend to assume that our era has a monopoly on the inventions of clever machines, labor-saving devices, feats of engineering, and advanced technology. But as the authors of this fascinating and eye-opening book reveal, some of humankind's most important and most amazing inventions actually date back thousands of years.
Historian Peter James and archaeologist Nick Thorpe have pooled their expertise in amassing this compendium of human ingenuity through the ages. Together they conclusively prove that our ancestors, however long ago they lived and whatever part of the globe they occupied, were brilliant problem-solvers. Written with the pure joy of discovery, Ancient Inventions reveals that:
* Medieval Baghdad had an efficient postal service, banks, and a paper mill.
* Rudimentary calendars were being used in France as early as 13,000 B.C.
* Apartment condominiums rose in deserts of the American Southwest a
thousand years ago.
* The ancient Greeks used an early form of computer.
* Plastic surgery was being performed in India by the first century B.C.
* The Egyptians knew about effective contraceptives.
* Flamethrowers were used in battles waged in tenth-century China.
Brimming with odd facts and entertaining curiosities, written with zest and humor, comprehensive and fun to read, Ancient Inventions is a wonderful celebration of the endless inventiveness of the human mind.
"This presentation of the discoveries and innovations of the ancients will fascinate."
--Booklist
"Thoroughly researched...It is doubtful that anyone could examine [this book] without coming away enlightened in one of its broadly ranging areas."
--Library Journal
AN ALTERNATE SELECTION OF THE QUALITY PAPERBACK BOOK CLUB AND THE NATURAL SCIENCE BOOK CLUB

John Gowan brings us an explanation why we have FTL info transfer like Quantum Teleporting but limits to matter at Faster Than Light Velocity. I am not sure matter can't be disassembled to travel through time and then re-assembled thus allowing sentient robots to do it. I also do not know that we know how FTL functions near or in Black Holes enough for his assertions. I also think a marriage of nanobot holograms and robotics will offer a virtual reality which alters our connection to knowledge throughout universe. I do like what he says regardless.

"A fundamental physical cause for humanity's unease at the thought of death is our feeling of separation from the rest of the Universe - our awareness of "self" and personal identity necessarily means a distinction between "me" and the environment. Matter, and all massive entities such as ourselves, are in fact (as well as in thought) separated from our true conservation domain, historic spacetime, the conservation domain of matter's "causal information matrix". Massive objects do not inhabit historic spacetime in the way light inhabits its conservation domain, space: we live not in history, but only in the "universal present moment". Time is connected to space only tangentially, at right angles to all three spatial dimensions; that tangential point of connection between space and time is the "present moment" of our experience, our "touch" upon expanding history. Only information can pass from space into history, massive objects such as ourselves cannot. There are several very good reasons for this physical arrangement, beginning with the fact that matter cannot travel at velocity c and hence cannot participate in the entropic expansion of light's conservation domain, space. (See: "Spatial vs Temporal Entropy".)

When light is converted to matter, or when any form of free electromagnetic energy with "intrinsic motion c" is converted to massive, immobile, bound forms of electromagnetic energy, the symmetric (all-way) spatial entropy drive of light (the intrinsic motion of light), is replaced by an alternative, asymmetric (one-way) historical entropy drive, the intrinsic motion of matter's time dimension. The historically expansive "march of time" is the metric and entropic equivalent of the spatially expansive intrinsic motion of light (the "march of space" - seen as the "red shift" of distant galaxies). Time is an alternative, asymmetric (one-way) form of space, providing the primordial entropy drive of bound electromagnetic energy. Time is derived from space by the gravitational annihilation of space, exposing a metrically equivalent temporal residue. (See: "The Conversion of Space to Time".)"

http://www.johnagowan.org/human.html

"However, other apparently more reasonable solutions that allow time travel, have since been found. A particularly interesting one contains two cosmic strings, moving past each other at a speed very near to, but slightly less than, the speed of light. Cosmic strings are a remarkable idea of theoretical physics, which science fiction writers don't really seem to have caught on to. As their name suggests, they are like string, in that they have length, but a tiny cross section. Actually, they are more like rubber bands, because they are under enormous tension, something like a hundred billion billion billion tons. A cosmic string attached to the Sun would accelerate it naught to sixty, in a thirtieth of a second.

Cosmic strings may sound far-fetched, and pure science fiction, but there are good scientific reasons to believed they could have formed in the very early universe, shortly after the Big Bang. Because they are under such great tension, one might have expected them to accelerate to almost the speed of light.

What both the Goedel universe, and the fast moving cosmic string space-time have in common, is that they start out so distorted and curved, that travel into the past, was always possible. God might have created such a warped universe, but we have no reason to think that He did. All the evidence is, that the universe started out in the Big Bang, without the kind of warping needed, to allow travel into the past. Since we can't change the way the universe began, the question of whether time travel is possible, is one of whether we can subsequently make space-time so warped, that one can go back to the past. I think this is an important subject for research, but one has to be careful not to be labeled a crank. If one made a research grant application to work on time travel, it would be dismissed immediately. No government agency could afford to be seen to be spending public money, on anything as way out as time travel. Instead, one has to use technical terms, like closed time like curves, which are code for time travel. Although this lecture is partly about time travel, I felt I had to give it the scientifically more respectable title, Space and Time warps. Yet, it is a very serious question. Since General Relativity can permit time travel, does it allow it in our universe? And if not, why not."

http://www.hawking.org.uk/space-and-time-warps.html

Dear Constance

Soupie said something you thought was what it was not. He was quoting someone ridiculing the C & P thread and you congratulated him.

Dear Constance

Soupie said something you thought was what it was not. He was quoting someone ridiculing the C & P thread and you congratulated him.

Soupie was not 'quoting' Ufology's recent post at C&P but parodying it. I congratulated Soupie on the deftness of the parody.

ps: Ufology couldn't 'ridicule' the C&P thread in any meaningful sense. He never understood the complexity of the subject -- consciousness -- that the rest of us wanted to explore. That was why we left the thread he linked for you and pursued the subject of our interest in the C&P thread, which was started by Tyger.

Here is the post at C&P that inspired Soupie's post in this thread:

Consciousness and the Paranormal — Part 4 | Page 38 | The Paracast Community Forums

Last edited:
Dear Constance

You don't understand the complexity of consciousness and you think paranormal has relevance when it does not. Aliens are not paranormal for example - they are a symptom of something the mind might create but not [part of what one needs to study to understand how the mind or brain functions.

If you are right about Soupie I was wrong I thought these were his words. They certainly do not fit with what Ufology says. But glad am I that you think you know better.

All the discussion of UFOs on this forum, and all the different theories, ideas, discussion and disagreements about their origin and nature are nothing but a bunch of mental masturbating. It's NONsense and I'm offended by it and it hurts my feelings too. But I'm going to continue reading and commenting anyhow. Because.

Dear Heidi

Are you another cretin in league with the psychotic and deluded? Your typing would indicate it. If I cared what you or most people thought I would need medicine like you. I don't need attention I need to help stop the destruction of our planet and the brainwashing of alien theories in all religions and black ops.

Dear Constance

I was on your silly ego stroking thread before DS and Ufology encouraged that other thread and my response. I kept getting nonsense from it long after I had taken it off my watch list because people were quoting me. Did you arrange that nuisance as well - what a real brain you are? Now you have Heidi barking for you and destroying a thread which actually could lead to space colonization if any of you actually had ever been in an alien craft and could answer what kind of technology is involved in the shields and propulsion etc. Of course you cannot because you are victims of NLP, archetypes and CONstructed projections,

Destroying a thread? Really? Can that be done? It's free reign around here Baird. I'm going to enjoy freely roaming the threads and polluting them with my great wisdom!

Did you know that I'm one hell of a smart person Baird? I'm so smart I can't even explain the smartness of my smarts, as smart ass as that sounds.

Dear Heidi

You were right to say I know what I am doing. Clearly you don't care how silly you look as you defend the psychosis or neurosis of your friends but do try to get a grip - I am sure the people in your real life need you to have some semblance of sanity.

Perhaps I should not have used the word psychotic despite your behaviour. Would you prefer "masochistic" "narcissistic" or one of the other words most people will have heard many times before?

"there are hundreds of workaday individuals who claim to have been abducted by aliens. These individuals do not flower into gurus; they struggle alone with memories of unintelligible messages, temporary paralysis and humanoid creatures hovering over their beds. Their stories don't always check out, but their minds do: Psychological tests confirm that abductees are rarely psychotic or mentally ill. Some 3 million Americans believe they've encountered bright lights and incurred strange bodily marks indicative of a possible encounter with aliens, according to a recent poll.

It is a quandary that polarizes researchers at Harvard University. One embattled psychiatrist, John Mack, M.D., argues that these experiences cannot be understood in a western rationalist tradition of science; researchers in the department of psychology, Richard McNally, Ph.D., and Susan Clancy, Ph.D., counter that the explanation--though multifaceted--is hilarious in its fundamental simplicity....

Harvard's ideological clashes over the interpretation of anomalous experiences date to William James' tenure at the university one century ago. Both Mack and James studied psychology after training in medicine and tried to bridge the gap between psychology and spirituality, only to be rebuffed by Harvard's powers that be. For James, this culminated in Varieties of Religious Experience, which rejected a rigorous standard of evidence for divine experiences. "There is a clinical literature and an experimental literature, and they don't refer to each other," states Eugene Taylor, Ph.D., a biographer of James and a historian who lectures on psychology at Harvard Medical School. "Mack is a clinician making observations about human experience, as opposed to cognitive behavioral scientists, who say that if you can't measure it in the laboratory, it doesn't exist." When it comes to people who believe they've been abducted by space aliens, the two camps agree on only one thing: "These people are almost never psychotic," says McNally. "They're not lying. But Mack entertains a range of explanations that are farfetched at best."

Will Bueche, a 34-year-old media director, has long had nighttime paralysis and visions that "have no resolution and seem out of place." For years, he considered them merely suggestive--until he began witnessing beings while wide awake. Some abductees had far more traumatic encounters. Peter Faust, a 45-year-old acupuncturist, believes he endured years of sexual probing by hooded creatures who implanted chips in his anus and stimulated him to ejaculation. After eight hypnotic-regression sessions with Mack, and a battery of psychological tests in the early 1990s, Faust concluded that he is yoked to a female alien-human hybrid with whom he has multiple offspring.

The abduction narrative is a strange hybrid in its own right: humiliating surgical invasion tempered by cosmic awareness. Experiencers travel through windows and walls, tunnels and space-time to reach the starship's examining table, where young women's eggs are extracted and men's sperm are siphoned off. Despite waking bruised and violated, abductees say their love for beings in the alien realm can surpass any human bond and generate a sense of oceanic oneness with the universe that rivals the experiences of a world-class meditator. Faust says he "realized we're not alone in the universe. There are beings out there who care about us. But getting to this point is a long, arduous journey, with a lot of people who want to deny your experience."

Personality-driven explanations for why people with no overt psychopathology report alien encounters have proliferated apace with blockbuster movies about aliens. Psychologist Roy Baumeister, Ph.D., of Case Western Reserve University, argues that abduction reports are made by "masochists" who unconsciously want to relinquish control of their lives. The loss of control is manifest in humiliating encounters with an alien race. To be sure, there is a surfeit of elaborate sex in abduction reports; one study found that among abductees, 80 percent of women and 50 percent of men reported being examined naked on a table by humanoid beings. In fact, many abductees blame aliens for sexual dysfunction and emotional disturbances.

Psychologists have long surmised that abductees may be inclined to fantasy and "absorption," the propensity to daydream or be enthralled by novels. Both alien abductees and garden-variety fantasizers report false pregnancies, out-of-body experiences and apparition sightings. Some psychologists speculate that people like Will Bueche and Peter Faust are simply "encounter-prone" individuals with a heightened receptivity to anomalous experience."

Alien Abductions: The Real Deal? | Psychology Today

Dear H & C

Does any of this sound normal to you?

"After eight hypnotic-regression sessions with Mack, and a battery of psychological tests in the early 1990s, Faust concluded that he is yoked to a female alien-human hybrid with whom he has multiple offspring."

Nope, it doesn't. And if you had been around here long enough you'd know that I, Heidi, am as perplexed as anyone to what is going on. I don't speak for Constance, she doesn't speak for me, though that attempt of yours to group us shows weakness on your part. Show some balls and speak directly to me. Many, many people before you and I have researched what they could on this subject. It's generally agreed upon that the research falls short. What more could I say here, I remain open-minded yet purposely neglect this subject due to any foreseeable conclusion.

Dear H

Weakness on my part? The kettle is not black either, eh? So at this juncture you agree it is not normal which therefore (by definition) is neurotic. Nothing wrong with being abnormal but when it becomes a controlling obsession it is a serious condition. I explain all manner of the facts from the wealth of years and study I have engaged in, and do it fairly or in an ecumenical manner generally, but I do not suffer fools and state what my experience and research allows me to conclude. If you read many of my posts you would know that I sincerely hope there are Watchers and I am open to that even though I doubt any of them have crashed or been found dead. I do not believe they are engaged in sex or Hybridization. There are definite explanations for almost every event. Challenge me on it - I will give the explanation.

What is important is for all people to accept the government has lied and is involved in Black Ops including mind control and brainwashing. And soon will be able to do much worse things without any implants. Science - is my proof, as well as experience in the fields of research. YOU are part of a community of people who have been targeted by images sent by Persinger and the DIA or other methods and agencies. Heck some people clearly deserve big bucks and should launch a class action demanding disclosure and transparency. That alone would lead to major media attention and a possible end to national criminal action agendas.

What is also important is the end of humanity if the Tundra melt is not addressed - and to that end all people have skin in the game. Hawking, Rees, Musk and many more are convinced. There is a solution and I think people like Mike (here) along with myself could lay it out if there were people ready to act.

Last edited:
Hate to poke holes in belief systems but....well....poke, poke. Black ops....dang those Americans. The brave, the free. Kinda like Ironmen or Wolferines stalking the lonely late into the night. They've conquered all earth and are currently probing Mars while simultaneously tracking the hackers stealing their social security numbers. Those brave men and women, blah! Holes appear in the simplest of theories and yet we must theorize or die. But to know! To know is Godlike. To know is well, hell.....why are you here at the Paracast? To know, to save the feeble, the blind....the planet of all things! Now that's big....why are you here at the Paracast? Now, to get Mike on your side, dang....that's big. Mike is huge (pardon the fun Mike). Mike's Godlike. To convert him is "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" Psyops is a theory that falls short worldwide. Equally falling short is a mass conspiracy that seldom leaks and yet you've found yourself informed.

Back