• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Here's a Question

conor

Skilled Investigator
What do UFO's actually do?

Not physically, but what do they do to us, as a society and as individuals, in terms of the aftermath - how do they effect us?

All answers welcome:rolleyes:

Not physically, but what do they do to us, as a society and as individuals, in terms of the aftermath - how do they effect us?

Well Okay, try this on for size. UFOs cause people to go to forums, and ask other people "Okay, so what do UFOs do????"

:eek:------------------:eek:---------------------------:D
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Imagine everything you know to be reality is a metaphorical "You" standing on a rug. Now, imagine that rug being yanked out from under the feet of said reality. Now, imagine looking up and seeing that it was a giant insect that pulled the rug. Now, imagine being ridiculed and perceived as insane by others for relating the factual details to others of your own species. That's kinda how it was for me. More fun than the law should allow.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I think it's a combination of things...

For those that take it seriously, it is humbling, snapping us to the realization of a higher power (not a god figure per se) and that we are not at the top of the food chain, the masters of our own domain. Whether the identities controlling these things are human or not, they operate beyond what we thought could be and make those not in the know (potentially the entire human race or perhaps just those not on the inside of whatever this phenomenon is) apply a new perspective to almost every aspect of their reality in the larger sense. In a way, it forces us to open our minds. For those that don't take it seriously, I imagine that they have to scramble to make excuses to force the phenomenon into their own little box of reality if they wind up having an experience they are forced to confront. I assume this is a pretty unhealthy response which could lead to serious mental instability similar to that someone who develops multiple personality disorder from some traumatic experience.

I'm assuming you mean western society. That being said.. Do? Not much.

Most of society is wrapped up in utter nonsense and or their everyday lives,working,raising kids..etc.

However there are a few who "pay attention" so to speak. Are keenly aware of current events and the UFO question. Among these unfortunate few the effect can be substantial.:eek:

Until a large scale UFO "event" occurs society will just continue doing what they have always done.

Until a large scale UFO "event" occurs society will just continue doing what they have always done.

Imagine waking up tomorrow and turning on the tube and the first thing you see is "Breaking News" on every channel about some sort of worldwide ufo event. They cut to the Obaminator as he gives a press briefing.. everywhere you look on TV and the net is wall to wall coverage of the "strange immense cigar shaped crafts" blotting out the sun.. try to envision what that day would be like.. like 911 multiplied by 1000.. nothing would ever be the same again..

Then try to imagine the ensuing days weeks and months as the subject is discussed and debated endlessly in the media with mindless talking heads blathering on about it.. Naturally all the big stars of Ufology would not be getting called, rather NASA and SETI spokesholes would be in big demand aside from hearing what Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and the Pentagon have to say on the matter ugh...

How would life unfold I wonder during the next year.. what would the effects on society REALLY be vs all the movies that have portrayed the event. I guess it depends on what "they" did..but then again how would we ever know for sure what that is unless it happens for all to see.

I have to wonder if martial law and civil unrest would break out at first if they seemed to be threatening somehow such as just hovering over major cities for an extended period of time without ever moving. What if things got really freaky such as everyone getting telepathic messages at once.. I think society would unravel fairly quickly since it takes a lot less than that to start riots in a lot of places (ever see the post-game LA Lakers fans riots during the playoffs?)

What if, after say 6 weeks of hovering, they decided to fuck with us and just leave, imparting no real communication or message or calling card.. I wonder if that would induce a Cold War "constant threat of annihilation" type of stress on humanity as we wait to see what happens next.

They make us look up!

In my case they make me wonder how they perform all those amazing maneuvers...whether they "turn off" gravity or what propulsion systems do they use...

To cut this short, I think they make us, as a species, ponder what may come to us in the future.

They make us look up!

In my case they make me wonder how they perform all those amazing maneuvers...whether they "turn off" gravity or what propulsion systems do they use...

To cut this short, I think they make us, as a species, ponder what may come to us in the future.

We wondered pretty much the same thing as we looked on in total amazement at a large silver triangle ufo silently hovering over the lake in broad daylight. We were stuck on the technology and agreed that it was an advanced military aircraft of some sort -- and most of all, that THE FUTURE WAS HERE!

But then after it zipped away where moments later, 2 military jets zoomed by after it, we all went blank not knowing what to think but still very puzzled as to why our own military would be chasing after our own advanced experimental aircraft. It was like -- Huh?? What's going on here?

And as I was walking home after seeing what we saw, I found myself in a state of hyper-concern that perhaps that advanced craft was from some other country or private agency that was flying over an area where it should not have been hence why it was chased by those jets. Afterall, what else could explain that and were we even safe as in "is this some kind of an invasion?".

Nevertheless, I was still in a complete state of amazement that such technology even existed and, without a doubt, I felt as if my entire world had been turned upside down -- that my entire view of the immediate world around me in which I lived, was stuck in a time warp lagging behind dramatically in technology and that there was another whole world out there somewhere that was more advanced beyond our wildest imaginations -- and I found this absolutely thrilling!

But, lol, it was not until weeks later that I began to seriously entertain the notion that perhaps what we saw that day was really a UFO and not one of our own (or some other national or private entity) advanced experimental aircraft. This revelation began to sink in more as I did more research on it on the internet and found that many others out there have seen UFOs in the shape of triangles too.

Note: We actually saw 2 triangle UFOs out there over the lake that day. The first one we saw was much closer to us and the second one "appeared" out of nowhere, just like the first one had, a few minutes later way out into the distance. For the sake of brevity, I only say that we saw one because the one close up was the one we were focusing on, of course -- but there were 2 of them.

Imagine waking up tomorrow and turning on the tube and the first thing you see is "Breaking News" on every channel about some sort of worldwide ufo event. They cut to the Obaminator as he gives a press briefing.. everywhere you look on TV and the net is wall to wall coverage of the "strange immense cigar shaped crafts" blotting out the sun.. try to envision what that day would be like.. like 911 multiplied by 1000.. nothing would ever be the same again..

Yes you have it pretty much nailed to a T in that scenario.

However say it begin's in a different manner. Something so completely "alien" and different to humankind we have no way of imagining it.

It would be impossible to postulate what that could be. Like an insect trying to imagine Shakespeare's mental state while writing Hamlet. But has humans we only know that it is one of the possiblilites.

We dont know, ufos can fly, that is withount question. I dont think anyone could be sure if ufos are even craft or something else.They effect Human thinking in many ways like what, have we in our skies today that is similar to ufos in shape? Takeing just one example, Any human witness to ufo's is likely to begin questioning their believe's and idea's on aviation alone.I think until we actually see inside a ufo craft everything else is just speculation.

The ufo phenomen is all of the above, we have no facts to offer conclusions. I personally have a opinion that the majority of the craft are interdimensional in nature. I do think some of ufos use time travel and i have many reasons and opinions to why that is the case.

Good question and after thinking about it a better question than I at first thought it was. An excellent question.

For me: As I get older (passed the big 50)and the religion of my youth no longer holds up (at least the fundi dogma) I have had to face my own mortality. To know that we don't "know" everything. To entertain that maybe there is more than just this dimension and reality after all is a comfort to me. It doesn't "prove" anything but it means that the possibilities in the universe are endless. At least that's my take on it. Not that I'm putting my hope in u.f.o. conventions and the Greers and Bassets of the world. But there may be something bigger than we can really catagorize going on.

UFOs can make people look like fools if they believe that they have a firm grasp of what they are.
There's really no proof of what they are, all we know is that there have been strange things that people have seen.
Some people make the huge jump of strange light/object = Alien Visitors. This can make one look foolish if he has nothing to back it up. A huge percentage of people that have claimed to see a UFO have seen something that is unidentified by them, but not something that is otherworldly or can go unexplained.

At the end of the day, for those who have had such sightings or other experiences that fall into the realm of the extraordinary, no matter who believes their story or not, the question each and every witness/experiencer needs to ask is "what does it mean to me?"

This is why I appreciate the OP's request for feedback on this very same question because it's a very important one.

How would we know the ufo's were real and not a giant hollogram put up there deliberately to cause panic and alarm? All sorts of havoc would then arise leading the military to impose massive control of its populations. This would of course be if it was human engineered and employed by governments. On the other hand, what if all ufo's and suchlike were simply holograms of another reality. (I favour that idea myself) And they were simply letting us know of their existance. How we react to either scenario depends on us having some insight of the many possibilities. One things for sure, whether it done for the good or not, we humans dont respond well to things beyond our understanding and can easily fall into panic. I dont know, thats why I like this forum as it raises so many ideas. I really dont think though that anything out there is hugely malignant, I think we humans have that wrapped up well! If there was, it could have already taken us over. But then when I read the news, I think maybe it already has? So I stay away from the scare headlines and try and read up on whats really going on.
:confused:

How would we know the ufo's were real and not a giant hollogram put up there deliberately to cause panic and alarm? All sorts of havoc would then arise leading the military to impose massive control of its populations. This would of course be if it was human engineered and employed by governments. On the other hand, what if all ufo's and suchlike were simply holograms of another reality. (I favour that idea myself) And they were simply letting us know of their existance. How we react to either scenario depends on us having some insight of the many possibilities. One things for sure, whether it done for the good or not, we humans dont respond well to things beyond our understanding and can easily fall into panic. I dont know, thats why I like this forum as it raises so many ideas. I really dont think though that anything out there is hugely malignant, I think we humans have that wrapped up well! If there was, it could have already taken us over. But then when I read the news, I think maybe it already has? So I stay away from the scare headlines and try and read up on whats really going on.
:confused:

Duuuuuuude!

How would we know the ufo's were real and not a giant hollogram put up there deliberately to cause panic and alarm?
They would have to have more than just holograms. Some incredibly exotic psychotronic gizmos would also be needed to account for what I've experienced.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Yeah, Ok your probably right. Its an interesting thought though! Good to grapple with many ideas. Has anyone watched Capturing the Light with Dorothy Izzatt. Its probably been discussed before but I have only recently joined. Interesting how the lights seem to interact with her. It just brings me back to the idea that we somehow, on some level can attract this strange stuff. :confused:

Back