• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Here goes.....

saucerwench

Skilled Investigator
I guess I will share my ghost experience. I'm feeling in a Halloween mood. What I write is true, so help me God. I am not asking any of you, "You MUST believe it!" I'm just sharing my ghost encounter.
Back in 2001, the early summer, I was working as a securityguard nightwatchman (gal) in a seasonal position at this elderly lady's mansion. In back of her property was a large structure that housed the family deceased, which I guess the very wealthy can have. I always kept my vehicle parked nearby and locked. One morning, as my shift ended, and I went out to my car, (unlocked it and got in) I saw that numerous handprints completely covered the inside of my windshield. The glass had gotten coated with dew. Which allowed the handprints to appear. I put my own hand up to them. Each one was larger than my own hand. The fingertips extended out like long claws. It looked demonic.
One night during my shift, I was falling asleep in the designated security room in the house. Suddenly, a vision in my head, was of a blonde boy about age 8. He was standing by me in my chair, and said to me, "Your boss is coming." I jolted awake and saw car headlights. It was my boss making his rounds to check in on us overnight guards!

I saw that numerous handprints completely covered the inside of my windshield. The glass had gotten coated with dew. Which allowed the handprints to appear. I put my own hand up to them. Each one was larger than my own hand. The fingertips extended out like long claws. It looked demonic.

Oh that's good. Very scary.

One night during my shift, I was falling asleep in the designated security room in the house. Suddenly, a vision in my head, was of a blonde boy about age 8. He was standing by me in my chair, and said to me, "Your boss is coming." I jolted awake and saw car headlights. It was my boss making his rounds to check in on us overnight guards!

That reminds me of one particularly odd dream I've had...(and I've had many.)

In the dream I am sitting on a park bench on a sunny day, and a female is walking by. I, doing my manly job, am watching her walk by without appearing to stare, and she looks down at me as she walks by and says "We're having a tremor."

At that point I woke up and about 5-10 seconds afterward there was a minor earthquake.

A few years back, I slept over at my parent's house and stayed in my brother's old room. Woke up pretty early and couldn't sleep. The room was too hot and I was sweating. Lying in the dark, something suddenly started to slap at my feet through the duvet. Scared the crap outta me. Total terror response.

A few weeks later, my dad told me he'd slept in there. IIRC either he or my mum had a cough or something. Anyway, he's woken really early by the heat or cold. As he's lying in the dark, something started slapping at his feet through the duvet. He said he felt terrified and leapt out of the bed and left the room.

There've been a lot of strange things happening in that house. That ones my favourite because it happened twice to different people. Doesn't make it *real* but it was certainly a nasty experience. We'd all often hear male voices in an empty room at any time of the day or year.

I guess I will share my ghost experience. I'm feeling in a Halloween mood. What I write is true, so help me God. I am not asking any of you, "You MUST believe it!" I'm just sharing my ghost encounter.
Back in 2001, the early summer, I was working as a securityguard nightwatchman (gal) in a seasonal position at this elderly lady's mansion. In back of her property was a large structure that housed the family deceased, which I guess the very wealthy can have. I always kept my vehicle parked nearby and locked. One morning, as my shift ended, and I went out to my car, (unlocked it and got in) I saw that numerous handprints completely covered the inside of my windshield. The glass had gotten coated with dew. Which allowed the handprints to appear. I put my own hand up to them. Each one was larger than my own hand. The fingertips extended out like long claws. It looked demonic.

Little kid ghosts always creep me out, like the two little girls in The Shining. The handprints must have been disconcerting, to say the least.
Thanks for creeping me. I think October is a great month to share ghost stories.

I love a good ghost story. Here's one from years ago.

I was sleeping in a spare room at my sisters house. They had actually built onto a mobile home (They were newly married and it was their "first" place. It was in a semi rural area of North Alabama. Anyway, that night I had this dream. There was a long peircing "chant" and I saw an Indian (dots not feathers) man chanting. Then I felt something "leap" onto the foot of the bed. I actually got up and started to feel for the wall. I walked around the room and tried to find the light switch. I couldn't find the wall. I "felt" as if I walked for a long time. I finally did find the wall and it's been so many years I can't really remember if I hit the lights or just went back to bed. Anyway, the next day I told my family what had happened. My mother said "I won't sleep in that room." The same thing hapened to me. "You couldn't find the wall could you?" :)

The above is a "real" event but to our skeptics out there. No in this case I don't think it was "paranormal" in the literal sense. But it was scary at the time. :) Final note: I meant no disrepect to any nationality when I said "Dots not feathers" I have American Indian (Cherokee) in my family. The comment is just a quick way we have but I also understand that on the internet many,many different cultures are represented and I didn't want to be taken wrong. :)

Thank you all for your own scary experiences. Interesting stuff.
Last night, I attended a meeting at my local public library, where we listened to our state's designated ghostbusting guys, tell us about their evidence-collecting adventures. With them was their expensive and sophisticated-looking computer equipment just like TAPS'. The ghostbusters were trying to play EVPs, but the equipment was going haywire, APPARENTLY, it seemed to have a mind of it's own, like, the audio running backwards, and fast. They were thingking a spirit latched on to them and was messing around. They told us that after they were driving away from one finished investigation, one of their team vehicles befell a terrible wreck. No one was killed, but nearly they were. Here is their website.
http://www.paranormal-research-of-illinois.com/PRI_Members.html

Jesus that's creepy !

I did some work earlier this year at a delivery depot and there were some places that certain drivers point blank refused to deliver to on account of "thing's that go bump in the night".

Thanks, Live at the Witch Trials. There was more stuff that happened to me at that security post, but I did not have time to proceed further. I don't have a computer at home (by choice) and utilize the public Library's, where my time is unfortunately, extremely limited per day. Quite some while back, someone(s) at another chat forum, SCARED me so badly, that I think I still have PTSD to this day, from that alone. Those handprints are *nothing* by comparison.
Well, on this property, like I said, was located a family masoleum, quite several yards in back of the mansion. often at night, these wild deers would come together and sit down with all their legs folded under them. Where they would all just sit there and stare at me. On the lawn area between me in the house's back porch and the crypt. All of their eyes glowed, because of animals' built-in reflectivity. It was craaaaazzzzy. And I know that I am not. Granted, I have 'issues', thats for sure, but none of them are delusions and hallucinations, and I have never been in to drugs. One night, inside my guard post inside the home, I was falling asleep again. Suddenly a crashing-loud --rap--!!! was heard on the window glass. Which normally otherwise woulda shattered, I'm sure.
A previous poster asked me if I must have been very frightened, but at that time I was not. NO bravado. Remember that movie 'Falling Down'? I had 'fell' down in my life, and was struggling hard to pull myself up by my own bootstraps, even though I was born without bootstraps, so-to-speak. So all I felt was angry and resentfull at that time. I yelled out loud to the property's ghosts, "I am not impressed! If you have access to other dimensions and times, why don't you make me buy a winning lottery ticket, so that my troubles can stop?" I REALLY did that.
Today, though, I am stable and reasonably happier, and would react more afraid of those phenomenon now. But deepest within my intuitive gut, I felt those phenomenon were --pranksterish--, and meant me no harm.

There is a School in East London that is hauted by a Cleaning lady. I worked for a company that delivered Soap, Paper Towels, and other Hygeine products. When a driver delivers them he has to get a signature on his work sheet for confirmation.

This driver went into the school and walked down a long long corridor to a store room that was at the end . As he was walking he passed a cleaning lady and thought to himself that once he put the stuff down he would ask her for a signature as the corridor was long and he was near to the stores room it would only be a matter of seconds but when he turned round there was nobody there.

When he found the schools Caretaker and mentioned the cleaning lady he was met with a large grin and told there was no cleaning lady. Apperently a women got killed in the school during world war two when it was hit by a Bomb.

Back