• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Has Kal Korff the famous Bigfoot, Roswell & Meier debunker flipped his lid?

paulkimball said:
I understand David's angst here, but I think everyone should tone it down, and pull back. Prove you're bigger and better people than Korff is by not getting down in the gutter with him.

What if we're not bigger and better people? What if we're agitators?

Didn't think of that, did you . . . Canadian!

Yeah, I thought not.

-DBTrek

:p

DB:

I have news for you - if you live in Seattle, you're a Canadian in everything but name only! ;-)

Paul

paulkimball said:
DB:

I have news for you - if you live in Seattle, you're a Canadian in everything but name only! ;-)

Hah! Well said.

Look, I agree that picking on Korff's brother is hitting 'below the belt'. But when one is being hit 'below the belt' (which I believe David is) what benefit is there to taking the 'high road'? Consider American politics . . . the 'clean' candidate never wins. Consider modern warfare; the conventional "fair-fighting" army is beaten time and time again by guerilla tactics.

Maybe I'm jaded but it seems like one must answer two questions in a situation like this one you guys are currently involved in with Korff:

1. Do we want to fight this battle, or ignore this individual. Each of you has to pick one of these two options.

2. If you decide to fight are you willing to do what it takes to win?

David looks like he's decided to fight. It would be a mistake in my estimation to hold back in this situation. Korff obviously isn't holding back in the slightest. To "hold back" in this situation may give you guys the high ground in the short term, but in the long term some of Korff's attacks are going to stick and possibly do personal or professional damage to you. If you can quickly put Korff in a situation where it becomes too personally risky or emotionally painful to continue his assault, he will stop. At that point everyone can relax and be nice guys again.

I understand your point about taking the higher ground . . . I just think that path leads to defeat in situation like these . . . eh?

You know what I'm talking aboot, eh?

:D

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Hah! Well said.

Look, I agree that picking on Korff's brother is hitting 'below the belt'. But when one is being hit 'below the belt' (which I believe David is) what benefit is there to taking the 'high road'? Consider American politics . . . the 'clean' candidate never wins. Consider modern warfare; the conventional "fair-fighting" army is beaten time and time again by guerilla tactics.

Maybe I'm jaded but it seems like one must answer two questions in a situation like this one you guys are currently involved in with Korff:

1. Do we want to fight this battle, or ignore this individual. Each of you has to pick one of these two options.

2. If you decide to fight are you willing to do what it takes to win?

David looks like he's decided to fight. It would be a mistake in my estimation to hold back in this situation. Korff obviously isn't holding back in the slightest. To "hold back" in this situation may give you guys the high ground in the short term, but in the long term some of Korff's attacks are going to stick and possibly do personal or professional damage to you. If you can quickly put Korff in a situation where it becomes too personally risky or emotionally painful to continue his assault, he will stop. At that point everyone can relax and be nice guys again.

I understand your point about taking the higher ground . . . I just think that path leads to defeat in situation like these . . . eh?

You know what I'm talking aboot, eh?

:D

-DBTrek

DB:

I do, but I think Korff is immune to any criticism because... well, draw your own conclusions.

The high road is always the better option - guys like Korff eventually burn themselves out, or wind up getting ignored / shunned by anyone with an ounce of common sense. Occasional mockery, or ignoring him, is the better option, although, as I said, in David's case I can understand the desire to hit back.

The real problem is that whatever the problems of Korff's brother, they aren't relevant to Korff in any way, shape or form. It's his brother's problem, not [Kal] Korff's. If you are going to do battle with Korff, better to stick to the issues, where he's hopelessly lost, and, if necessary, offer a detailed rebuttal to any goofy allegations or falsehoods he sees fit to spread about you, as I've done with his blather about my status as a lawyer.

Of course, it never hurts to print all of his columns out before he erases them, and tape his radio appearances, and then send them to your lawyer. :)

Paul

An anarchist using politicians as an example in regards to how to act?

The clean politician (oxymoron btw) would win in terms of conscience, dignity, and by not getting in the position of dirty politics.

It's less of a headache to not get involved with certain people. The benefit is in knowing you aren't stooping to their level and wasting your time. I'm sure one can think of better ways to spend their time. Remember, you can't lose to a loser so long as you don't become one too. Then it's just a tie. And a tacky one.

Having said that, I'm not preaching what to do. I don't care. After all I must find it a little interesting to read a little out of this thread. Just wanted to throw out another perspective that I think is valid.

Mr. Kimball's wisdom is golden, and Korff did indeed push my buttons to get a response. I completely and absolutely agree that engaging Korff is a somewhat entertaining, but largely colossal waste of time.

And I think I've just figured out the whole situation - Korff is trying to create a "reality TV" show about himself, but he's going for the spoof. He's gotta blow it out to make it interesting, so he finds the more legit folks in the field, and the most ridiculous charlatans (you know who), conjures up people, events and alliances, stirs up all sorts of crap and bingo: content. Everything over the top. He tapes himself doing all sorts of silly stuff, and has found some students to do the editing and slop work. He thinks he can sell this to someone for money, for "broadcast TV", or some other venue. It'll kill 'em in Idaho.

Or, he really is just wackodoodle.

Paul, what do you think? He's going for goofy content. I call it. And I also wanted to THANK YOU for that lovely post on your blog. Sweet pixels of joy.

DBTrek, please don't presume to ever know what I'm thinking. In "my estimation", you're young for your age.

dB

David Biedny said:
DBTrek, please don't presume to ever know what I'm thinking.

Hello? Earth to Biedny? Hello are we in the same thread? [Tap] . . . [tap] . . . [tap] . . . is this thing on?

I don't see any presumption of your thought process in my response. Frankly, I don't even presume that you're using a thought process.

Thank you I'm here all week.

[cymbal crash]

-DBTrek

David Biedny said:
Mr. Kimball's wisdom is golden, and Korff did indeed push my buttons to get a response. I completely and absolutely agree that engaging Korff is a somewhat entertaining, but largely colossal waste of time.

And I think I've just figured out the whole situation - Korff is trying to create a "reality TV" show about himself, but he's going for the spoof. He's gotta blow it out to make it interesting, so he finds the more legit folks in the field, and the most ridiculous charlatans (you know who), conjures up people, events and alliances, stirs up all sorts of crap and bingo: content. Everything over the top. He tapes himself doing all sorts of silly stuff, and has found some students to do the editing and slop work. He thinks he can sell this to someone for money, for "broadcast TV", or some other venue. It'll kill 'em in Idaho.

Or, he really is just wackodoodle.

Paul, what do you think? He's going for goofy content. I call it. And I also wanted to THANK YOU for that lovely post on your blog. Sweet pixels of joy.

DBTrek, please don't presume to ever know what I'm thinking. In "my estimation", you're young for your age.

dB

David:

It may be a goof, but if it is I can't think of a single network, anywhere, that would buy it. The more likely option is that he's finally snapped, which is what most of his old friends seem to think privately.

I notice he and Rob McConnell mentioned you on X-Zone tonight, completely distorted the truth, and then McConnell, that paragon of free speech, refused your request to debate Korff on the show. So much for openness.

Either Korff is working McConnell (hey, the man once said Billy Meier was a valid prophet - how bright can he be?), or McConnell is working Korff, or they're both working together, or they're both... well, draw your own conclusions.

I also notice that Korff has announced that he's moving away from his "kritics" because he has other fish to fry - or perhaps it's because he's finally realized what a fool he's made of himself, and he's looking for an exit strategy (this is a tactic he's used in the past - just czech... er, check, the UFO Updates archive at Strange Days... Indeed, Podcast, News, information, abduction, Reports).

Whatever. Like Michael Horn, Korff is the noise, not the signal, in the study of the UFO phenomenon.

Paul

P.S. Re: "Dear David..." - You're welcome!

Korff's good buddy Rob McConnell reviews Michael Horn last year:

"Rob McConnell, Host & Executive Producer,

The 'X' Zone Radio & TV Show, reviews Michael Horn's multi-media presentation and workshop at the Ontario Science Centre, Toronto.

Over the past several years I have had the opportunity to speak with Michael Horn on my radio show, The 'X' Zone, about the Billy Meier Case and when I learned that he was coming to Toronto to give his presentation at the Ontario Science Centre, I knew I had to go - and I am very glad that I did.

Michael is an excellent speaker who is very well connected to his audience, presenting his multi-media case for Billy Meier with professionalism, integrity and sincerity.

When Michael Horn is in your neighborhood presenting the Billy Meier Case, I would strongly recommend that you attend, and hear the story and view the proof that may very well make Billy Meier the prophet of the Century.

Knowledge is power, be forewarned.

Great job Michael!

Rob McConnell,

Host & Executive Producer,

THE 'X' ZONE RADIO & TV SHOW"

Cite (ugh... sorry) - TheyFly.com - The Billy Meier UFO Contacts

:)

Paul

Having Blow-my-own-Horn presenting at the Science Center would be like having a Michael Tsarion exhibit at the ROM... totally incongruous!

Hi there.

Here is another detail to the proceedings that I find odd.

As a member of the IIG dealing with the Billy Meier Case I had emailed Korff a few times in the past to ask him about some various things. I never received any reply. In fact, when other members of CFI-West emailed him he never replied.

It seems that Korff will reply to any "kritic", but will never reply to anyone who is, theoretically at least, on his side.

BTW, I just need to go on the record and say that given Korff's recent behavior I'm kinda glad that he never replied to us because I don't think I would want his name tainting the IIG's research into Billy Meier.

-Derek

derekcbart said:
Hi there.

Here is another detail to the proceedings that I find odd.

As a member of the IIG dealing with the Billy Meier Case I had emailed Korff a few times in the past to ask him about some various things. I never received any reply. In fact, when other members of CFI-West emailed him he never replied.

It seems that Korff will reply to any "kritic", but will never reply to anyone who is, theoretically at least, on his side.

BTW, I just need to go on the record and say that given Korff's recent behavior I'm kinda glad that he never replied to us because I don't think I would want his name tainting the IIG's research into Billy Meier.

-Derek

Our new working theory has it that Korff is playing all these weird games with my friends to use as fodder for a supposed reality show. Or he's flipped out totally. Time will tell, but we aren't taking him seriously anymore.

Gene Steinberg said:
Our new working theory has it that Korff is playing all these weird games with my friends to use as fodder for a supposed reality show. Or he's flipped out totally. Time will tell, but we aren't taking him seriously anymore.

I can safely say that I never took him seriously! ;-)

Paul

Funny, I didn't take him seriously til now. I don't think he's goofing. With his prior investigations he seemed bias and looking for a niche for sells and going with it no matter what.

If I'm reading his site correctly, he has it in for Royce Myers of UFO Watchdog because Royce doubts Kal is a Captain. So Kal has an appointment with a court. Once he swears an "Oath of Captaincy" before the court he intends to sue Myers.

Does this make ANY sense at all?

Schuyler said:
If I'm reading his site correctly, he has it in for Royce Myers of UFO Watchdog because Royce doubts Kal is a Captain. So Kal has an appointment with a court. Once he swears an "Oath of Captaincy" before the court he intends to sue Myers.

Let's see now. In order to disprove Royce's contention that he's not a Captain, he becomes a Captain by some idiotic legal ritual. Yes, that makes perfect sense. Now can I become a General that way?

Schuyler said:

It makes sense that nonsense comes from the nonsensical.

Gene Steinberg said:
Let's see now. In order to disprove Royce's contention that he's not a Captain, he becomes a Captain by some idiotic legal ritual. Yes, that makes perfect sense. Now can I become a General that way?

He tried to prove to Royce that he was a captain, James Bond, Deputy Dog, whatever, by sending him pics.

The law suit is to teach Royce a lesson in not messing with Capn Crunch, and money, if I remember correctly.

A.LeClair said:
He tried to prove to Royce that he was a captain, James Bond, Deputy Dog, whatever, by sending him pics.

The law suit is to teach Royce a lesson in not messing with Capn Crunch, and money, if I remember correctly.

Or tug on Superman's cape :)

Ok, so Kal swears an oath in a Czech court that he is an Israeli Captain so he can sue Royce in an American court. Hmmm. I get it.

And as for the generalship? Sure, I know it can be done because I am an Admiral in the Navy of the Great State of Oklahoma. I can prove this. I have the certificate hanging on my "I love me" wall. If any of you doubt it I will fax a copy to you and demand an immediate public apology! So watch yourselves! I'm serious. I mean it. Really! I also graduated from Starfleet Academy and I can prove that, too. (I'm an eclectic kinda guy.)

Back