• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Has Kal Korff the famous Bigfoot, Roswell & Meier debunker flipped his lid?

Interesting to see Royce coming around. One of the only things I wasn't ever in agreement with Royce on was Korff. Hmm, now there's no disagreements :)

Yes Korff has done some good work. But so has Greer and James Randi. Anyone can occasionally do good work.

Does anyone recall if Korff was in the watchdog's Hall of Fame section? I thought he was, but just relooked and didn't see him there. I don't know if this is because Royce took him down or if my recollections aren't accurate. I see he is NOT in the Hall of Shame, but suspect he will be soon.

Btw. The date at the top of the Captain Korff page is 1/19/06. I see I'm not the only one that still screws up and forgets it's 07 lol

ufoman said:
Anyone that used Korff's books as a standard will need to re-evaluate his info.
And that's exactly what the Meier people are hoping for. Got an email this morning from mister Horn trumpeting that message. "Anyone can occasionally do good work" like A.LeClair mentioned is not part of that message or taken in to the equasion. Nonetheless, Korff managed to make an ass of himself thus far by making (empty?) threats and insulting every ufologist that questioned him. And to top it off some people belonging to the school of 'serious ufology' responded in kind. Quite messy, Korff certainly managed that.

I never though his research was stellar at all. He always tried to be a believer / debunker, make up your mind. I only read his book on Meier & that had many holes in it. So I never bothered with his Roswell & Bigfoot books.

"Has Kal Korff the famous Bigfoot, Roswell & Meier debunker flipped his lid?"

Yes.

BTW, I found a guy who claims "Life Among The Angels".

It would be fun to hear the guys burn him.

David Zimmer is the clowns name, he has a book out so he'd be easy meat to drag into the web....link? No problemo Cuz;
http://www.living-among-angels.com/

A Long John type burn would be hilarious...he crumbles around "akashic records".

Just a thought.

Thanks for a great show!

Hell Rox
Sh9l0m

aaron said:
It would be nice to have an actual link to the supposed article.

I'm not aware there is one.

Listen, I really don't want to talk about Korff, except to say that he has no right to insult David Biedny in this fashion. David is the son of a holocaust survivor, and he should not be subjected to this sort of public abuse.

Let's hope Korff doesn't try to actually post an article on this subject, because I would regard that as nothing more than hate material, and don't we have enough of that already these days?

Gene Steinberg said:
I'm not aware there is one.

Listen, I really don't want to talk about Korff, except to say that he has no right to insult David Biedny in this fashion. David is the son of a halocaust survivor, and he should not be subjected to this sort of public abuse.

Let's hope Korff doesn't try to actually post an article on this subject, because I would regard that as nothing more than hate literature.

I'm glad to hear that it is the case. I hope my comment didn't come across as my accusing David. If it did, than I publicly apologize to David. My point (made somewhat poorly perhaps) was that it's easy to make accusations like that when you don't provide any evidence that people can look at.

There is no article about me on that site.

In private email between myself and Korff, I admonished him for his statement on a radio show regarding WWII, where he stated that as far as he was concerned, anyone who says WWII started on any date OTHER than the bombing of Pearl Harbor is wrong, because for HIM, Kal "UberShmuck" Korff, it started on the day of the Japanese attack (in this guy's delusional fantasy world, it's ALL about HIM). I emailed him and told him that, as the child of a Holocaust survivor, I was offended by his comment, as much of my mother's family was murdered by the Nazis in Berlin long before the American entry into the war. He decided to turn my comment into an attack on his Judiasm, and then made broad claims about being a Jewish hero and community leader. So, in effect, as far as his warped mind is concerned, I insulted a Jewish Leader. Just demonstrates the depths of his depravity.

David Biedny said:
There is no article about me on that site.

In private email between myself and Korff, I admonished him for his statement on a radio show regarding WWII, where he stated that as far as he was concerned, anyone who says WWII started on any date OTHER than the bombing of Pearl Harbor is wrong, because for HIM, Kal "UberShmuck" Korff, it started on the day of the Japanese attack (in this guy's delusional fantasy world, it's ALL about HIM). I emailed him and told him that, as the child of a Holocaust survivor, I was offended by his comment, as much of my mother's family was murdered by the Nazis in Berlin long before the American entry into the war. He decided to turn my comment into an attack on his Judiasm, and then made broad claims about being a Jewish hero and community leader. So, in effect, as far as his warped little mind is concerned, I insulted a Jewish Leader. Just demonstrates the depths of this asshole's depravity.

I'll just add, as someone who wrote his honours thesis in history on the origins of WWII, that most historians would say that Korff was dead wrong (surprise, surprise). Most accept that WWII began in earnest when Britain and France declared war on Germany, at which point their empires (which were much larger and more extensive than anything the United States had, and which spanned the globe, on every continent) became involved, and the war became truly global. Korff's bone-headed remarks do a grave disservice to the millions of colonial and Commonwealth troops who fought in Europe and the colonies, even before America or the USSR entered the war.

Of course, this in addition to the war between China and Japan which had been running for several years.

Even if you don't buy this for some strange (read: American-centric) reason, once the USSR entered the war, it was a done deal. Only the most self-centered American would think otherwise.

Hmm... sounds like KKK to me. ;-)

As for his stuff about the Holocaust and David, it's beneath contempt, and not worth further comment.

Paul

TerraX said:
And that's exactly what the Meier people are hoping for. Got an email this morning from mister Horn trumpeting that message. "Anyone can occasionally do good work" like A.LeClair mentioned is not part of that message or taken in to the equasion. Nonetheless, Korff managed to make an ass of himself thus far by making (empty?) threats and insulting every ufologist that questioned him. And to top it off some people belonging to the school of 'serious ufology' responded in kind. Quite messy, Korff certainly managed that.

I was expecting this to happen, but surprised to see that you are actually still in contact with him! Thought you'd have blocked him like so many others by now lol.

Wow. I've never been a fan of Korff's as stated before, but he really does seem to be mentally disturbed. I'm no doctor, and don't even play one on the screen, but, he seems way more disturbed than a certain favorite guest they've had on here. You don't have to be an MD to spot some kind's of crazy. I don't say that as an attack so much as I do that I am actually concerned. Really.

I actually thought the captions on the photos were placed there by Royce at first, as a joke, and to mock him. Korff actually said those things as if it adds to the "evidence"!?. Very odd. His standards of evidence is weak when it comes to backing up his own claims. Not only weak, but silly and crazy.

I haven't checked out the claim about David B yet. Not sure I will. Ad hominem etc.

Guess it's nice to be basically unknown in the field like me. Or at least once heard of, easily forgotten shortly after it seems. I don't have this sort of crap to deal with as much. Personal attacks etc.

The problem with getting into it with certain people is, the more you talk about them and to them, the worse things often get. I can understand Gene not wanting to talk about Korff, heh.

Info. on Korff. Love the comment on his IQ test.
http://ufowatchdog.com/kanokorff.html

219? IQ = Insanity Questionnaire or Insanity Queue maybe?

I'm guessing he is the guy talked about but not named on the most recent show btw:)

Jeff's blog is linked yet I get a error page. Hope it's only a temporary set back.

Ok. I checked his blog's main page and he says he took down the "negative" stuff. So, that must be what's going on.

Korff seems to have suffered a total mental breakdown. I feel bad for him, it's sad to see someone crack like that. He's desperate for attention of any kind - check out the comments on one of his Kevin Randle posts, they're all posted in rapid succession, I'm betting that they were all typed in by Korff himself. He's lost it.

dB

Kal's comment of "Bring it on" reminds me of Morten's "Come on down" remark. He still has an omelette on his face thanks to the lawsuit with Ufowatchdog.

Back