• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Suggestions for The Paracast

If he’d be willing to do it, Ed Cabansag.

With everything that has been swirling around Penniston and Burroughs the last few years, I’d love to hear Cabansag’s detailed account of what happened. It seems he has been relatively detached and isolated from what’s gone on with the others. (Sorry to all those who don’t want to hear Rendlesham again)

And as maybe a more realistic suggestion, Robert Powell to talk about Stephenville and his book with Michael Swords “UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry”. (I don’t believe he’s ever been on)

Good idea. Maybe he will come forward now, perhaps with Burroughs and Penniston. For all the personal conflict that has developed over the years among the primary witnesses, there does seem to be an effort currently (spearheaded by John Burroughs) to get everyone together in a concerted effort to understand what happened at Rendelsham. The sensible approach, it seems to me, is that they should work together to focus down to the commonalities in the different witness experiences and descriptions. No one has the whole story of what happened over those three (or more) days and nights. Putting the parts of what's known and remembered together by all witnesses (including the air traffic controllers' testimony to Robert Hastings and the other witness testimony he has obtained from other personnel) should provide a broader picture of the various events.

Another reason to keep our eyes open to new developments re Rendelsham is that the primary witnesses still cannot obtain their medical records from Bentwaters and are facing significant health problems. It's now clear that radiation data and research based on the Bentwaters events that could be helpful to Burroughs and likely to Penniston and Warren is now known to be held secretly by a private firm that was contracted by MOD. Please see the three posts beginning at this link:

Larry Warren on DMR-Dec. 15th | Page 4 | The Paracast Community Forums

Last edited:
Larry Warren on DMR-Dec. 15th | Page 4 | The Paracast Community Forums

Constance, thanks for the link to the other thread.

My ideal would be to have Cabansag appear on the show alone, at least for the first part, and describe his account of what happened to Gene and Chris. Or if he would be uncomfortable doing that, maybe appear with someone like James Fox who interviewed him years ago (I’d imagine James wouldn’t mind giving an update on his movie “701”).

As one example of a number of the details I’d like to hear from Cabansag (other than something like his view on how long they were out there), in one of Penniston’s recent telling of the event he said that when he and Burroughs went to the ground at the initial explosion of light, Penniston thought Burroughs was down (even in Pope’s book it says Penniston saw Burroughs engulfed in a beam of light from above). Yet Penniston just seems to brush off Burroughs situation and continues on to the craft, which strikes me as a little odd. Cabansag of course had stayed back and was relaying radio messages (though in another recent Penniston telling he said he now agrees with Burroughs, that Cabansag was with the two of them at the craft – the only time I’ve heard that). I would be curious to know if Cabansag recalls Penniston relaying anything to him about Burroughs being down or needing help. Or for that matter, expressing anything about the explosion of light.

Putting the parts of what's known and remembered together by all witnesses (including the air traffic controllers' testimony to Robert Hastings and the other witness testimony he has obtained from other personnel) should provide a broader picture of the various events.

I totally understand what you are saying. Though personally I find it difficult to reconcile Larry Warren’s account at face value (Gordon Williams meeting with aliens) with the accounts of the others involved in one consistent credible whole picture.

My ideal would be to have Cabansag appear on the show alone, at least for the first part, and describe his account of what happened to Gene and Chris. Or if he would be uncomfortable doing that, maybe appear with someone like James Fox who interviewed him years ago (I’d imagine James wouldn’t mind giving an update on his movie “701”).

I second your suggestions. If Gene and Chris pursue an interview with Cabansag, they might offer him the alternative of being interviewed with Fox, or with someone else if he would prefer. If he's at ease with Fox, that would make a very interesting program.

. . . I totally understand what you are saying. Though personally I find it difficult to reconcile Larry Warren’s account at face value (Gordon Williams meeting with aliens) with the accounts of the others involved in one consistent credible whole picture.

I don't know. Larry Warren strikes me as being a very alert person who doesn't miss much, even in a crisis. I'm also suspicious of Williams on account of some detail I read somewhere about his attempts to dismiss and repress information (but can't remember where). I would guess he would have demanded extreme protection from Halt and others in the aftermath, protection from being placed at the scene.

Ringing in the New Year with intellectual honesty in mind, my fantasy would be for a round table dissicusion with Mark Pilkington, and Greg Bishop.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about someone who's into scientology ?
Could there be anyone who is willing to defend or explain this eh...... 'way to see the universe' ?

How about someone who's into scientology ?
Could there be anyone who is willing to defend or explain this eh...... 'way to see the universe' ?
Yeah, see if Tom Cruise is available. If he wants to do the interview in Phoenix, be sure you have a really strong couch for him to bounce on! Same goes for John Travolta and Kirstie Alley, but only because they both weight a ton. LOL

How about Mr. Cruise's guru, David Miscavige ;) Ask him how long he thinks they can keep Xenu wrapped up.

Also ask them why they have such a stick up their ass when it comes to psychiatry ?or If a person with little financial resouces needed to be clear would the group even bother to give them the time of day ?

How about Mr. Cruise's guru, David Miscavige ;) Ask him how long he thinks they can keep Xenu wrapped up.

Also ask them why they have such a stick up their ass when it comes to psychiatry ?or If a person with little financial resouces needed to be clear would the group even bother to give them the time of day ?
Cruise and Miscavige are both too high profile to appear on the Paracast. (No offense.)

They also hate gay people. Coincidentally, so did L. Ron Hubbard. Strange how religions tend to incorporate the prejudices of the people who started them, eh?

Stranger types have been on the show :Greer ,Michael Horn , Jim Sparks , Stan Romanek,Ed Komarek.....

I just heard some of those early shows with Jim Sparks. What's the story with him anyway? Has he been "discredited"? Is his story believed by the members here?

I just heard some of those early shows with Jim Sparks. What's the story with him anyway? Has he been "discredited"? Is his story believed by the members here?
Here is a review of Jim Sparks and his book THE KEEPERS that I posted in 2006 on Amazon.com. So far 254 out of 279 people liked it.

Jim Spark is a fascinating person to interview, and I have on tape his original discussion with Jeff Rense about his alien abductions back in 1998. All the events in the book presumably happened by 1998, since the book pretty much follows the line of that original interview with Jeff Rense back in 1998.

However, for me the book brings up more questions than answers.

1. Why did the aliens put Jim through 6 years of indoctrination learning a multi-level written symbolic code of communication when direct mind to mind communication was so simple from start to finish? What was the point of all this? Jim never really tells us, if he knows. It reminds me of the 4 years in high school I took studying Latin. Except for the Toga Party in the school lunch room (those were simple times, folks!) I never understood why Latin was required. In the many years that have passed since then, I have never used it, and can only remember "Ego Amo Ranas" (I love Frogs).

2. If the aliens are truly our pals and they are really card carrying members of Green Peace, very concerned about the environment, it seems totally illogical to abduct people, then erase the memory except for a selected few like good old Jim. Jim claims that his destiny is to spread the word that the environment is decaying. Well, guess what! World class scientists have been telling the world this news for decades, and the corporate controlled governments of the planet are not listening. I really have to wonder about the intelligence of these aliens, if they think that Jim Sparks is going to change the future of the planet by appearing on late night talk shows and speaking at UFO Conferences. Not! Perhaps he should run for Congress?

3. The aliens are supposedly working secretly with our government, and have given the government the technology to save the environment, produce food and energy without pollution. The government is keeping all this technology stashed away in a root cellar under the Pentagon and refusing to release it for Military and Security reasons. So why don't the aliens just release the same technology to the many brainiacs out in the world?!?! As I recall, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs began the computer PC revolution in their dad's garage! They had the brains and the paradigm breaking imagination to think outside the box. So why aren't the aliens just handing over this information to similar brainiacs? Jim Sparks is a nice guy, but he sells real estate, he isn't a physicist or engineer or someone of the mental leaning that could understand advanced technology. Consequently, there is a big disconnect in logic here, especially since Jim claims he has seen the aliens working with the military, even though the military refuses to honor their side of the bargain. Hmmmmm...very odd. Maybe these naive aliens need a good Hollywood agent who can find them a much better deal. How about contacting Stephen Spielberg, abducting HIM and give all this information to HIM. The man has the means to make a motion picture that would be seen by zillions of people all over the world, and screw the government! Too easy?

4. As I read the entire book, my belief in Jim became more and more eroded. I'm sorry, Jim, but it did. That could have been just the way the book ended, but here is what bothered me. The book began with Jim as Mr. Normal Heterosexual Macho Guy in business and doing well, when these aliens began "night school" abductions. OK, so far fine! Then the book skips from these lessons (which seem to end with no explanation or practical usage) and Jim is on more friendly terms. The aliens become much more human in their dialogue (while ironically being of a Reptilian race) and eventually meet Jim for a confab in an abandoned fun-park. Jim is sure to tell us that the aliens adore uniforms and funny hats, a nice touch. But the confab is pretty much standard fare: the planet is dying so do something about it, Jim. Well, the obvious reader response (at least to me) was "Stop delegating your job, jerks! YOU do something." It felt like a setup, a con job to me. I began to doubt the entire story then, because it is so illogical. But what really bothered me was when Jim nonchalantly on one page noted that he's also been visited by people from the distant future. Geez, this guy gets around! Is his house a Star Gate? What makes Jim so special that not only Greys abduct him, but also Reptilians, and even humans from the distant future drop in for a chat over a beer. I don't get it. What next, lunch with the astral form of Princess Diana? Is there some sort of invisible beacon over Jim's head that blinks like an airport light, inviting touch downs by entities from other dimensions and times? If I had this power, I'd pray for Jesus to show up and give me the straight story.

5. I thought the message of the book was that our planet is dying. The aliens are concerned because they "farm" us for body parts. So where do the healthy looking human people from the future come from? It implies that evidently the planet does not die, so we can all relax. Yet, then Jim drops another bombshell on us, saying that the Grey aliens are us, coming back from the far future to harvest our genetic materials to heal themselves. Geez, what a great future! Hope I don't have to reincarnate into that time period. After all our accomplishments and challenges, we end up being ugly little parasites who zip around at night abducting defenseless children, women and men for sperm, ova, and other cells. As Jim notes, perhaps the Greys are part of some inter-galactic drug store chain selling human tissues. Wow! Can you imagine the reaction of the Christian right wing who won't even let us cure Parkingsons and other diseases using our own stem cells?

OK, I could probably do a much longer review, but the bottom line is that while the book was a fun read, it just didn't hold together for me, because:There were a lot of cliches in it. You know, that the aliens are here to tell us the Earth is dying. Well, duh! That the government has technology to heal everyone and everything but won't use it out of greed. Typical conspiracy stuff.

I am troubled that Jim has been set up (or set himself up) as being responsible for spreading the alien's message (on talk shows, UFO Conferences, books, future video's, etc. all on sale). The poor guy! One guy against a world wide civilization that wastes and pollutes. All I can say is, Good Luck! If this is the best the aliens can do, then I really think we are in trouble.

I hope for Jim's sake that he is not being set up by these "aliens" as a rube or a patsy. He seems to trust them implicitly, yet we know from a long history (per objective writers like Jacque Vallee) that they lie. Yes, they deceive. Who knows? Their real purpose here may have nothing to do with what they say, and that's the sad and scary part.

Here is a review of Jim Sparks and his book THE KEEPERS that I posted in 2006 on Amazon.com. So far 254 out of 279 people liked it.

Jim Spark is a fascinating person to interview, and I have on tape his original discussion with Jeff Rense about his alien abductions back in 1998. All the events in the book presumably happened by 1998, since the book pretty much follows the line of that original interview with Jeff Rense back in 1998.

However, for me the book brings up more questions than answers.

1. Why did the aliens put Jim through 6 years of indoctrination learning a multi-level written symbolic code of communication when direct mind to mind communication was so simple from start to finish? What was the point of all this? Jim never really tells us, if he knows. It reminds me of the 4 years in high school I took studying Latin. Except for the Toga Party in the school lunch room (those were simple times, folks!) I never understood why Latin was required. In the many years that have passed since then, I have never used it, and can only remember "Ego Amo Ranas" (I love Frogs).

2. If the aliens are truly our pals and they are really card carrying members of Green Peace, very concerned about the environment, it seems totally illogical to abduct people, then erase the memory except for a selected few like good old Jim. Jim claims that his destiny is to spread the word that the environment is decaying. Well, guess what! World class scientists have been telling the world this news for decades, and the corporate controlled governments of the planet are not listening. I really have to wonder about the intelligence of these aliens, if they think that Jim Sparks is going to change the future of the planet by appearing on late night talk shows and speaking at UFO Conferences. Not! Perhaps he should run for Congress?

3. The aliens are supposedly working secretly with our government, and have given the government the technology to save the environment, produce food and energy without pollution. The government is keeping all this technology stashed away in a root cellar under the Pentagon and refusing to release it for Military and Security reasons. So why don't the aliens just release the same technology to the many brainiacs out in the world?!?! As I recall, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs began the computer PC revolution in their dad's garage! They had the brains and the paradigm breaking imagination to think outside the box. So why aren't the aliens just handing over this information to similar brainiacs? Jim Sparks is a nice guy, but he sells real estate, he isn't a physicist or engineer or someone of the mental leaning that could understand advanced technology. Consequently, there is a big disconnect in logic here, especially since Jim claims he has seen the aliens working with the military, even though the military refuses to honor their side of the bargain. Hmmmmm...very odd. Maybe these naive aliens need a good Hollywood agent who can find them a much better deal. How about contacting Stephen Spielberg, abducting HIM and give all this information to HIM. The man has the means to make a motion picture that would be seen by zillions of people all over the world, and screw the government! Too easy?

4. As I read the entire book, my belief in Jim became more and more eroded. I'm sorry, Jim, but it did. That could have been just the way the book ended, but here is what bothered me. The book began with Jim as Mr. Normal Heterosexual Macho Guy in business and doing well, when these aliens began "night school" abductions. OK, so far fine! Then the book skips from these lessons (which seem to end with no explanation or practical usage) and Jim is on more friendly terms. The aliens become much more human in their dialogue (while ironically being of a Reptilian race) and eventually meet Jim for a confab in an abandoned fun-park. Jim is sure to tell us that the aliens adore uniforms and funny hats, a nice touch. But the confab is pretty much standard fare: the planet is dying so do something about it, Jim. Well, the obvious reader response (at least to me) was "Stop delegating your job, jerks! YOU do something." It felt like a setup, a con job to me. I began to doubt the entire story then, because it is so illogical. But what really bothered me was when Jim nonchalantly on one page noted that he's also been visited by people from the distant future. Geez, this guy gets around! Is his house a Star Gate? What makes Jim so special that not only Greys abduct him, but also Reptilians, and even humans from the distant future drop in for a chat over a beer. I don't get it. What next, lunch with the astral form of Princess Diana? Is there some sort of invisible beacon over Jim's head that blinks like an airport light, inviting touch downs by entities from other dimensions and times? If I had this power, I'd pray for Jesus to show up and give me the straight story.

5. I thought the message of the book was that our planet is dying. The aliens are concerned because they "farm" us for body parts. So where do the healthy looking human people from the future come from? It implies that evidently the planet does not die, so we can all relax. Yet, then Jim drops another bombshell on us, saying that the Grey aliens are us, coming back from the far future to harvest our genetic materials to heal themselves. Geez, what a great future! Hope I don't have to reincarnate into that time period. After all our accomplishments and challenges, we end up being ugly little parasites who zip around at night abducting defenseless children, women and men for sperm, ova, and other cells. As Jim notes, perhaps the Greys are part of some inter-galactic drug store chain selling human tissues. Wow! Can you imagine the reaction of the Christian right wing who won't even let us cure Parkingsons and other diseases using our own stem cells?

OK, I could probably do a much longer review, but the bottom line is that while the book was a fun read, it just didn't hold together for me, because:There were a lot of cliches in it. You know, that the aliens are here to tell us the Earth is dying. Well, duh! That the government has technology to heal everyone and everything but won't use it out of greed. Typical conspiracy stuff.

I am troubled that Jim has been set up (or set himself up) as being responsible for spreading the alien's message (on talk shows, UFO Conferences, books, future video's, etc. all on sale). The poor guy! One guy against a world wide civilization that wastes and pollutes. All I can say is, Good Luck! If this is the best the aliens can do, then I really think we are in trouble.

I hope for Jim's sake that he is not being set up by these "aliens" as a rube or a patsy. He seems to trust them implicitly, yet we know from a long history (per objective writers like Jacque Vallee) that they lie. Yes, they deceive. Who knows? Their real purpose here may have nothing to do with what they say, and that's the sad and scary part.

Thanks for the detailed review. It sounds like you're not saying that he is hoaxing though, but rather that he is being misled by trickterish or downright bad aliens of some sort?

Nick Pope accuses Peter Robbins of being obsessive about their recent spat on Rendlesham, denies stealing information from Robbins' book, and hopes to share a beer with Robbins and Warren some time in 2015. Make it happen Gene!

Cruise and Miscavige are both too high profile to appear on the Paracast. (No offense.)
If you can get past the PR people (not easy in the case of celebrities), you can interview darn near anyone. The problem is, you will get shunted to those people nearly every time. If you don't have a huge audience, they're generally not interested.

In a parallel universe I am rich and famous, but I will still grant an interview to the Paracast.

Back