• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Recommendation

Free episodes:

jimbo83478

Paranormal Tyro
Hey Gene and Chris, not sure if anyone's suggested this guy, but Barry Taff sounds like he could be an interesting guest. George Knapp is a solid host and does a good job in this January interview, but I think you guys can dig deeper on some of this Taff's experiences. He just put out a new book that definitely looks worth the read.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sEYwvGDvM-s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I'm also digging the new logo. Nice job guys!

Of course, for those who don't know ... the guy in the photo that plays during this interview is the the interviewer ( George Knapp ), not the guest.

j.r.

Ya know I don't follow him or get into him. But, I bet Alex Jones would create quite a buzz both before and after a show. Espcially if you could get him to participate in the pre and post show discussion on the forum.

Hi Gene and Chris,
For myself I've noticed that Ingo Swann has never been on the show. I believe he would be a really good guest since he's done a lot in paranormal research with quite good results and has also been involved in ufos stuff (with his stunning book "penetration"). It would be really interesting to hear him on remote viewing and his latest views on ufos/ets. :)
Hope he'll be on the show one day! :rolleyes:

I recommend Richard Hoagland.

Then once Hoagland is on a roll, bring in special guest host Don Ecker.

It would be a great show.

I'll second tyder's suggestion of Steve Volk. Fringe-ology is a really good overview of a lot of Paracast subjects from a middle-of-the-road perspective. Not a believer and not a debunker, but somebody willing to avoid agenda's and say "I don't know."

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Oh, and I think Patrick Huyghe of the Anomalist would be a great guest. He could talk about the business end of the field, how it has changed over the years, and his own investigations, and everything surrounding this phenomena.

Hi Gene & Chris,

great show. I don't know if you have interviewed Dr Rick Straussman, the author of the "Spirit Molecule". It is an amazing insight into his scientific research into the field of psychedelics, in particular, Dimethyltryptamine and it's affect on the pineal gland. I listened to the entire audio book (yes I'm lazy) just recently and it was such an amazing discovery into the world of psychedelics, and it's transformative effects on his research subjects(but not always) consciousness. Some subjects experienced visitations by gnomes, bee like humanoids, fairies and so called aliens in others, cowboy & cowgirl mannequins, lizards, reptiles and the feeling of dying over and over again. It made me question what relation this could have to the whole abduction phenomena? He also described his association with Religious/Spiritual organisations and their use of psychedilcis
and or the use of meditation to "activate" the pineal gland to mimic the effects of DMT!
I enjoyed his very honest and frank conclusions regarding the project and he shared some very personal insights into how he was elated in some instances during his work and how there were some incidents that troubled, disappointed and at time left him questioning the entire struggle to give psychedelics the air to breathe seriously in the sceptical world of science and politics.

I'll second tyder's suggestion of Steve Volk. Fringe-ology is a really good overview of a lot of Paracast subjects from a middle-of-the-road perspective. Not a believer and not a debunker, but somebody willing to avoid agenda's and say "I don't know."

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Oh, and I think Patrick Huyghe of the Anomalist would be a great guest. He could talk about the business end of the field, how it has changed over the years, and his own investigations, and everything surrounding this phenomena.

I agree Steve Volk would be a great guest. Very balanced in his view of all things.

again, how about having Ingo swann as a guest ? he'd done a lot in the paranormal and also been interested in ufos!

Another personn that would be great to hear in your show is Ann Druffel. I think she has been on the show before on its beginning, so that's quite some time now! She has been interested in the abduction phenomena and in ufos with NICAP and the late famous scientist James Mc Donald (by the way her book Firestorm about him is a terrific work and one of the most interesting books I've read in the ufo litterature). I heard she was also planning to write her memoirs. So I think she would be a wonderful guest of the paracast!

Ed Grimsley?

Until I attend a skywatch with him I reserve judgement but I kinda like the fact that he does not spout a pile of crap off the top of his head. He ask that people reserve judgement until they look themselves through the night-vision.

Back