• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Greer: CSETI Snaps "First Ever Photograph of an Extraterrestrial"

Greer may having interesting things to say, but once he stops talking - the 'spell' is broken and you end up thinking " Well, there is an hour out of my life that I will never get back". He is good for thinking outside the box - but when he speaks , i generally hear 'whaaa whhat whaaaa waaaa" ( just like how the adult sounded on Charlie Brown.

This sort of material has to make one wonder. Clearly, behind the brawny intellect and silver tongue lies a profoundly vexing figure. I mean, Dr. Greer is undoubtably intelligent, but yet he continues to crank out these increasingly questionable claims and evidence (i.e. holding an alien baby, "vectoring" in aliens, holding the secrets to free energy, etc. etc. and on into the realms of ad infinitum) What seems to be happening here is when logic can't be offered Dr. Greer resorts to spinning a lurid tale drawing on murky, psuedo-spiritual aphorisms and bawdy, New Age mystique. And the truly disheartening trend that one can see developing here is that Dr. Greer seems to be well aware of the paradigm he's creating, a paradigm that firmly places him as the only self-anointed prophet that can decode the level of b.s. that CSETI is pumping out these days. I mean, come on. Take a look at this so-called evidence. It's photographic afflatus of the highest order, and any reasonable person can deduce that. But here he is spinning it to be an "Alien Ambassador" manifesting in "thought form." Simply put, this guy's too smart not to realize the tight rope of insanity he's walking here. And so, one has to guess if this is a deliberate attempt to manipulate the vulnerable. Being a psychotherapist, I for one am beginning to question the forces so furiously at work in the psyche of Dr. Greer.

Greer is not crazy. He gets money for his talks, he gets money for the "vectoring" trips ($900 per person, often in groups of 10 or more), and he gets elevated to hero status by the Tin Foil Hat Crowd thus feeding his massive ego. if you haven't seen him in action at some of these events you are really missing out. To the TFHC he is a combination of Jesus and Elvis and he plays right to it. It is sickening and yet fascinating to see.

This page at the back of the CSETI website is like finding the Wizard of Oz behind the curtains. It lists the prices of membership and features a link to the little known 'secrecy contract.' The contract is legally binding and prevents anyone disclosing what happens there! At the same time it requires that you must read Greer's books prior to your week over there. These are available at $50 each including post. :)

Supporter: $100 to $499 per year Benefactor: $500 to $9999 per year Lifetime Membership Levels (one time payments):

Level 1: $10,000 - $19,999 - includes 1 free CSETI week-long training
Level 2: $20,000 - $29,999 - includes 2 free CSETI week-long trainings
Level 3: $30,000 - $39,999 - includes 3 free CSETI week-long trainings
Level 4: $40,000 - $49,999 - includes 4 free CSETI week-long trainings
Level 5: $50,000 - $59,999 - includes 5 free CSETI week-long trainings
Level 6: $60,000 - $69,999 - includes 6 free CSETI week-long trainings
Level 7: $70,000 - $79,999 - includes 7 free CSETI week-long trainings
Level 8: $80,000 - $89,999 - includes 8 free CSETI week-long trainings
Level 9: $90,000 - $99,999 - includes 9 free CSETI week-long trainings
CSETI Membership Information

This page at the back of the CSETI website is like finding the Wizard of Oz behind the curtains. It lists the prices of membership and features a link to the little known 'secrecy contract.' The contract is legally binding and prevents anyone disclosing what happens there! At the same time it requires that you must read Greer's books prior to your week over there. These are available at $50 each including post. :)

CSETI Membership Information

I never saw the secrecy contract. Where is it?

Greer is one of the most consummate charlatans of the whole UFO circus. It makes me very sad to think people hand over thousands to this huckster, when they could be using their spare cash to help those less fortunate than themselves. Greer's not crazy, but sadly, I think he takes advantage of those who are.

I never saw the secrecy contract. Where is it?

Dammit Ron. I had to give the site about 15 site-clicks to find the secrecy contract...

It's a pdf downloadable from here...http://www.cseti.org/programs/AgreementforParticipants.pdf

The important clause is this...

By my signature affixed below, I agree to hold all proceedings of this CSETI Ambassadors to the
Universe Training Retreat confidential and agree that it shall not be shared publicly without the prior
express written consent of CSETI

Greer and the guys sure put the 'non' in disclosure. It's funny, but it's also darkly self-serving for CSETI.

Dammit Ron. I had to give the site about 15 site-clicks to find the secrecy contract...

It's a pdf downloadable from here...http://www.cseti.org/programs/AgreementforParticipants.pdf

The important clause is this...

Greer and the guys sure put the 'non' in disclosure. It's funny, but it's also darkly self-serving for CSETI.

Perhaps a lawyer can comment firther but I think it shows at least one plain contradiction. In one part it says

I further agree that should I photograph or videotape any UFO-related events during field work or any phase of this training, that CSETI and I shall share unrestricted use of said footage.
(I added the emphasis.)

then 2 short sentences later it says
I further agree that any photographs or videos taken by me shall not be sold or released publicly without the prior express written consent of CSETI.

How can they declare unrestricted use and moments later restrict the use? In fact I doubt this would hold up in court at all. I have negotiated my fair share of contracts and NDA's and I think a decent attorney could tear this to shreds. I think as long as you didn't walk into it with a plan to record the events and display them publicly then your OK. If later you want to, then i doubt you would see a significant penalty. Any lawyers or paralegals out there that care to comment?

I'm pretty sure that the presence of the word "publicly" in the second statement suggests "unrestricted" means "freely distributed ONLY amongst CSETI members" in the first.

Wait, why are we even discussing this charicature of a crook and his nutty photos of pixelated foliage!?

Just because Greer is a wildly successful con artist, that doesn't mean he is sane. I think he actually believes his own messianic BS, and that's crazy.

This all looks very bad.

(1) The document seems overly concerned with intellectual property rights.
(2) Almost appears as though the sole purpose is to protect the income stream from those said rights.
(3) Setup to prevent copycat ET contactee venues.
(4) Focus on training reminds me of the Scientology craziness.

If the real goal is disclosure, why not GPL the IP? I.e. you can disclose as long as you aren't making money or trying to corner the market on the materials. In other words, what are the real goals of CSETI?

I think Steven Greer has some hard decisions to make.

I think Steven Greer has some hard decisions to make.

More than likely, he's long since put any concerns or ethical considerations to bed. He's making good money and possibly doesn't care how.

I wonder if his customers can be protected from the Greers of this world or if they'd simply create another one? There's always another graduate from the Blavatsky School of Rasputinism waiting around the corner...:)

Simply put, this guy's too smart not to realize the tight rope of insanity he's walking here. And so, one has to guess if this is a deliberate attempt to manipulate the vulnerable. Being a psychotherapist, I for one am beginning to question the forces so furiously at work in the psyche of Dr. Greer.

While I am no psychotherapist and don't play one on T.V. I agree with you. However, I have to think about the numerous highly intelligent people in history (like Arthur Conan Doyle who believed in fairies) and people in my own life (Phds, theologians, and yes even psychotherapists) who have believed some incredibly insane things and remained otherwise functional. I think there is a bit of both "deliberate manipulation" and delusion in operation there.

Has anyone ever verified Greer's back story? Is he now or has he ever been an actual practicing physician? Certainly his "Woolsey" story doesn't check out. His "alien photograph" story appears 100% bogus. What about the rest of it? Anybody know?

Back