• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Global Warming or Global Hot Air!

'Optimal' is a funny term concerning CO2. As you now. most of it rests in our oceans soil.

I'm still pondering the argument that you can't deny that human pollution is not a non-factor in the debate of 'global warming' (same quotes I used before). It has an effect.

'Optimal' is a funny term concerning CO2. As you now. most of it rests in our oceans soil.

I'm still pondering the argument that you can't deny that human pollution is not a non-factor in the debate of 'global warming' (same quotes I used before). It has an effect.

human pollution is so minimal it is not worth mentioning. we are like a mosquito to this planet, we will make a small mark, cause some itching then we will disappear.

On no, not this tired subject again.

human pollution is so minimal it is not worth mentioning. we are like a mosquito to this planet, we will make a small mark, cause some itching then we will disappear.

Yeah possibly, but if we kill ourselves ...then that's a problem for us humans.
I've got an honest question for you, not trying to be snarky: How would you propose to address air pollution, as well as other types of environmental pollution while maintaining that humans have no impact on the planet's environment? Is that a different issue in your mind, or do you also think that humans don't pollute the air, land , and water of Earth and that it's just a big conspiracy as well?

On no, not this tired subject again.

Yeah possibly, but if we kill ourselves ...then that's a problem for us humans.
I've got an honest question for you, not trying to be snarky: How would you propose to address air pollution, as well as other types of environmental pollution while maintaining that humans have no impact on the planet's environment? Is that a different issue in your mind, or do you also think that humans don't pollute the air, land , and water of Earth and that it's just a big conspiracy as well?

we absolutely create "pollution", so does nature, or do you plan on creating some sort of cork for volcanos? maybe we should cover the oceans and wetlands with a big tarp to keep the CO2 and methane from seeping into the atmosphere? I think there must be some sort of Nature Conspiracy going on...

we absolutely create "pollution", so does nature, or do you plan on creating some sort of cork for volcanos? maybe we should cover the oceans and wetlands with a big tarp to keep the CO2 and methane from seeping into the atmosphere? I think there must be some sort of Nature Conspiracy going on...

Huh....Nature Conspiracy? Instead of answering my question you just reacted with a Starw Man argument. Oh well, not surprising. I don't know why I bother to try and discuss anything rationally on a forum for people who are afflicted with half baked conspiracies and paranoid thinking in the first place. Waste of time. I'm outta here.

The topic is about Global Warming which is said to be created by CO2. right?

Plant Life, you for one should know CO2 is NOT pollution.

From the Club of Rome:

"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill.... All these dangers are caused by human intervention... The real enemy, then, is humanity itself."

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Did everyone forget about the Global Cooling fear mongering?

The continued rapid cooling of the earth since WWII is in accord with the increase in global air pollution associated with industrialization, mechanization, urbanization and exploding population.
—Reid Bryson, “Global Ecology; Readings towards a rational strategy for Man”, (1971)

Paul Ehrlich in reference to Global COOLING:
The battle to feed humanity is over. In the 1970s, the world will undergo famines. Hundreds of millions of people are going to starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon now. Population control is the only answer.
—Paul Ehrlich, in The Population Bomb (1968)

I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000.
—Paul Ehrlich in (1969)

In ten years all important animal life in the sea will be extinct. Large areas of coastline will have to be evacuated because of the stench of dead fish.
—Paul Ehrlich, Earth Day (1970)

Before 1985, mankind will enter a genuine age of scarcity…in which the accessible supplies of many key minerals will be facing depletion.
—Paul Ehrlich in (1976)

This [cooling] trend will reduce agricultural productivity for the rest of the century.
—Peter Gwynne, Newsweek 1976

There are ominous signs that the earth’s weather patterns have begun to change dramatically (COOLING) and that these changes may portend a drastic decline in food production—with serious political implications for just about every nation on earth. The drop in food production could begin quite soon… The evidence in support of these predictions has now begun to accumulate so massively that meteorologist are hard-pressed to keep up with it.
—Newsweek, April 28, (1975)

“The continued rapid cooling of the earth since World War II is also in accord with the increased global air pollution associated with industrialization, mechanization, urbanization, and an exploding population, added to a renewal of volcanic activity.”
- Reid Bryson, “‘All Other Factors Being Constant .

This cooling has already killed hundreds of thousands of people. If it continues and no strong action is taken, it will cause world famine, world chaos and world war, and this could all come about before the year 2000.
—Lowell Ponte in “The Cooling”, 1976

If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder by the year 2000. … This is about twice what it would take to put us in an ice age.
—Kenneth E.F. Watt on air pollution and global cooling, Earth Day (1970)

“Several schools of thought in climate science interpret existing data in different ways. One argues that, instead of growing warmer, the Earth may enter an Ice Age as a result of man-made fuels combustion. The combustion of fossil fuels releases large quantities of particulate matter into the atmosphere, which may reflect sunlight away from the Earth, thus cooling the planet.”
- Wilson Clark, Energy for Survival: The Alternative to Extinction (Garden City, NY: Anchor Books, 1974), p. 117.

In an essay contained in the textbook entitled "Overpopulation and the Potential for Ecocide," Holdren (Our Chief Science Czar) and Ehrlich predicted on pages 76-77 a "world cooling trend" they estimated at measuring "about 2 degrees Celsius in the world mean surface temperature over the past century."

Holdren and Ehrlich attributed the cause of global cooling to "a reduced transparency of the atmosphere to incoming light as a result of urban air pollutions (smoke, aerosols), agriculture air pollution (dust), and volcanic oil."

The authors worried "a mere 1 percent increase in low cloud cover would decrease the surface temperature by .8°C" and that "a decrease of 4°C would probably be sufficient to cause another ice age."

Holdren and Ehrlich warned, "The effects of a new ice age on agriculture and the supportability of large populations scarcely need elaboration here."

The Ice Age scare went on and on and on until... oops.. it started warming just a bit... so they changed the scam to be Global Warming... oops... it started cooling again so they came up with Climate Change... oops... climate changes all the time... hmm.... they had to figure out how the 2-3% of Human caused CO2 was going to be taxed so they have now come up with Climate Disruption... we are all disrupting the climate and that is why it gets cooler then warmer then cooler.... they forget that the Earth contributes 97% of the CO2 that they want to tax us for.

The whole AGW thing is absurd. The planet does NOT need saving, you should have seen it BEFORE we humans got here. It has been much hotter, much colder, far more CO2 and other gasses... etc etc etc.

Just a good question. How many of those 7 billion actually have cars ect....??? most of that population is 3rd world.

yep, I hear you. From what I can tell there are about a billion cars or so, many of them buzzing around 24/7. Maybe not the greatest example. It's just this mentaility that gets me. Some people have the attitude that humans can do whatever they want and would never cause any adverse effects even if they tried.

Their reasoning?? The Earth is big, we are small. It's just seems to me this is a flimsy unscientific excuse to not hold themselves accountable for anything.

yep, I hear you. From what I can tell there are about a billion cars or so, many of them buzzing around 24/7. Maybe not the greatest example. It's just this mentaility that gets me. Some people have the attitude that humans can do whatever they want and would never cause any adverse effects even if they tried.

Their reasoning?? The Earth is big, we are small. It's just seems to me this is a flimsy unscientific excuse to not hold themselves accountable for anything.

I for one never said humans can do whatever they want. I practice "reducing, reusing and recycling" every day. I pick up other peoples garbage and am all for alternate fuel sources. I believe we should explore magnetic propulsion systems and try to get rid of our dependance on oil.

Some people have the attitude that CO2 is causing the Earth to warm to catastrophic levels and we are all going to have to pay a carbon tax or we will most certainly die. It is very evident that this is based on flimsy unscientific evidence and flies in the face of the Scientific Method.

I for one never said humans can do whatever they want. I practice "reducing, reusing and recycling" every day. I pick up other peoples garbage and am all for alternate fuel sources. I believe we should explore magnetic propulsion systems and try to get rid of our dependance on oil.

Some people have the attitude that CO2 is causing the Earth to warm to catastrophic levels and we are all going to have to pay a carbon tax or we will most certainly die. It is very evident that this is based on flimsy unscientific evidence and flies in the face of the Scientific Method.

Pixel- sorry, ..my comment wasn't meant to be directed your way. We've had our exchanges in the past and I know how you feel about it. I have had some conversations with several people that do have this mentaility though. They tend to think that if it in any way disrupts what they want to do then the hell with it. And if it makes them actually have to act responsibly and do something extra then they really go ballistic. Recycling, don't litter, reduce waste?? Screw that, I do what I want, .. this is America!! That's the mentality.

I do tend to agree that a carbon tax isn't going to change anything except where the money is.

Pixel- sorry, ..my comment wasn't meant to be directed your way. We've had our exchanges in the past and I know how you feel about it. I have had some conversations with several people that do have this mentaility though. They tend to think that if it in any way disrupts what they want to do then the hell with it. And if it makes them actually have to act responsibly and do something extra then they really go ballistic. Recycling, don't litter, reduce waste?? Screw that, I do what I want, .. this is America!! That's the mentality.

I do tend to agree that a carbon tax isn't going to change anything except where the money is.

I agree, there are a LOT of people who just do not give a damn about anything but themselves. Picking up garbage is something I do every day it seems... my pet peeve is people who throw cigarette butts out their car window, the butt usually ends up in the storm sewers which flow directly to the river. Many times I have sat behind someone at a red light and witnessed a smoker throwing their butt out their window, to which I quickly jump out, grab the smoldering butt and say "you dropped this" and throw it back in their car, I try to get it on the passenger side floor. LMAO!

Jonah do you have something to contribute? Maybe you can give us your take on the topic rather than being a troll.

Maybe I can give you my take? Didn't I give you about 35 pages of "my take" in the thread found at this link:

https://www.theparacast.com/forum/t...lobal-warming-debate?highlight=Global+warming

You, Schuyler, Bob the Knob and many others got "my take". And since that thread was started -by you- in the General Chitchat forum, I felt quite comfortable bitch slapping you and the rest of the denialist right wing Republitard crowd as you deserved it. -BUT-, since this particular regurgitation of the same old tired lines is located in the Conspiracy Theory's portion of the board, the minute you begin discussing such as related to any "Conspiracy", I'll be happy to "contribute".

Your attempt to, once again, subject this Forum to your "garbage" denial of the effect of Greenhouse Gases on global temperatures (and again, they include more than simply CO2 - feedback loops, methane out gassing from sequestering sources such as the worlds oceans and the now melting Arctic Permafrost, etc etc) is, IMO, beside being completely ignorant in the extreme, is off-topic in this particular section of the board.

In the end, I suppose I just find you a clueless fuck. Sorry.

Carry on friend. You'll find no more objection or contributions from me here. At least until you start talking "Conspiracy" wrt to Global Warming. Care to?

Cheers.

Maybe I can give you my take? Didn't I give you about 35 pages of "my take" in the thread found at this link:

https://www.theparacast.com/forum/t...lobal-warming-debate?highlight=Global+warming

You, Schuyler, Bob the Knob and many others got "my take". And since that thread was started -by you- in the General Chitchat forum, I felt quite comfortable bitch slapping you and the rest of the denialist right wing Republitard crowd as you deserved it. -BUT-, since this particular regurgitation of the same old tired lines is located in the Conspiracy Theory's portion of the board, the minute you begin discussing such as related to any "Conspiracy", I'll be happy to "contribute".

Your attempt to, once again, subject this Forum to your "garbage" denial of the effect of Greenhouse Gases on global temperatures (and again, they include more than simply CO2 - feedback loops, methane out gassing from sequestering sources such as the worlds oceans and the now melting Arctic Permafrost, etc etc) is, IMO, beside being completely ignorant in the extreme, is off-topic in this particular section of the board.

Carry on friend. You'll find no more objection or contributions from me here. At least until you start talking "Conspiracy" wrt to Global Warming. Care to?

Cheers.

You attitude as skeptic in attacking the individuals rather the subject and use of profanities :(explains your maturity :pin this matter grow up buddy!

:(explains your maturity :p

If it wasn't for the excessive use of two emoticons, especially the one with the tongue sticking out at me, to drive home your comment regarding my "maturity", I probably would have dismissed it outright. But now I find myself forced to reflect on my inner child and sincerely reconsider my use of profanity.

Crap.

:p

Cheers.

Living in your parents basement seems to have stunted your mental development. If you would like to offer up some evidence for your position I would love to see it. You have been in the basement so long you haven't heard that the AGW scam is exposed. The fat lady has sung.

Typical scientific proof from the chicken little side. If you want to provide a funny video for us why not post An Inconvenient Truth? That would be good for a laugh!

Try to get out of mom and dads basement and get some fresh CO2.

Regardless of what you think is correct in this argument, each side will have "science" to back it. I chose to go with what the scientists I respect say. You know, the good ones.

Regardless of what you think is correct in this argument, each side will have "science" to back it. I chose to go with what the scientists I respect say. You know, the good ones.

Once again, bias rears it's ugly head. It seems all that anyone does around this issue is cherry pick from the troths of their fave celebrity scientists, feeding the true underlying motive, which is to bandy one political viewpoint over the other. And that usually represents competing views of whether or not to do something or to do nothing at all - internalize (i.e. the notion of personal responsibilty) or externalize ("it has nothing to do with me," a dandy avoidance behavior). It's a sad state of affairs. Particularly since this subject has been polarized into being a political issue. We are swimming in our own shit.

Back