• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Global Warming or Global Hot Air!

Once again, bias rears it's ugly head. It seems all that anyone does around this issue is cherry pick from the troths of their fave celebrity scientists, feeding the true underlying motive, which is to bandy one political viewpoint over the other. And that usually represents competing views of whether or not to do something or to do nothing at all - internalize (i.e. the notion of personal responsibilty) or externalize ("it has nothing to do with me," a dandy avoidance behavior). It's a sad state of affairs. Particularly since this subject has been polarized into being a political issue. We are swimming in our own shit.

I said that? My opinion on this has nothing to do with politics, it has to do with science, but some people will say the science that I'm looking at is flawed, and they are well within their right to do so.

Thanks.

I said that? My opinion on this has nothing to do with politics, it has to do with science, but some people will say the science that I'm looking at is flawed, and they are well within their right to do so.

Thanks.

My apologies Angel - it was meant as more of a meta-analysis of what happens in these types of threads. I didn't mean to highlight your previous post.

I like Al Gore, but his movie on the topic used flawed research, but it was entetaining. Also, he's a politician, but I guess he is more educated than most politicians on science.
I don't know the other two.

Nuff said. No reason to discuss any more of this topic with you then.

Back