• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Global Warming Happy Fun-Time

then what are you worried about? plants thrive on CO2 and warmth, most animals prefer warmth, insects prefer warmth, the climate is not exceptionally warm nor is it expected be be anytime soon so why do you want to throw lots of money at a non issue?

if humans are so evil and part of this strange non problem you insist is happening then why are you reproducing more carbon based, CO2 emitting life forms?

then what are you worried about? plants thrive on CO2 and warmth, most animals prefer warmth, insects prefer warmth, the climate is not exceptionally warm nor is it expected be be anytime soon so why do you want to throw lots of money at a non issue?

Because it's not a non-issue - it will eventually become an issue if we continue polluting that planet as much as we do. Right now, we are seeing the issues with more severe weather and warmer temperatures. But hey, you can keep worrying about silly stuff like 9/11 being an inside job, flouride in the water, evil weather machines, and autism inducing vaccines. I guess I feel about those like you feel about man-made climate change. The difference being that the stuff you worry about isn't actually real.

Because it's not a non-issue - it will eventually become an issue if we continue polluting that planet as much as we do. Right now, we are seeing the issues with more severe weather and warmer temperatures. But hey, you can keep worrying about silly stuff like 9/11 being an inside job, flouride in the water, evil weather machines, and autism inducing vaccines. I guess I feel about those like you feel about man-made climate change. The difference being that the stuff you worry about isn't actually real.
we are not seeing more severe weather, research it more.
you tend to side step and divert attention from your lack of knowledge... try to stay on the subject.

And for the first time ever, you have actually offended me. Thanks. Not cool.
Angelo... please... I am sure you know there was no offense intended, you know by our pm's that i adore your family. i am quite happy for you and your wife in that regard. it just seems a bit hypocritical of you to complain about carbon and CO2 when that is what humans are made of. according to you more people equals more carbon and CO2 and that equals more climate change.

despite what you have been programmed to believe, humans are good and have a right to be on this planet.

Angelo... please... I am sure you know there was no offense intended, you know by our pm's that i adore your family. i am quite happy for you and your wife in that regard. it just seems a bit hypocritical of you to complain about carbon and CO2 when that is what humans are made of. according to you more people equals more carbon and CO2 and that equals more climate change.

Okay, cool - it just took me off guard... Anyway, let's just say that I think humans have more of an effect on this planet than you think. Will the planet be destroyed? Not really. Will it be difficult for us to live here? Maybe.

Humans cause pollution of the land air and seas, humans cause deforestation, flooding, fires, extinction of animals, genocide, changing weather patterns, etc etc etc.. but we are not causing the climate to change by introducing trace amounts of a life giving gas CO2 into the atmosphere.

By Matt Owens June 26, 2013

Click here for full size image
The alarming loss of sea ice which has grown worse each summer over the past several decades, has taken a sharp turn for the worse: this year the loss is right in the middle, the most resilient part of the ice cover. This could lead to a completely ice-free Arctic Ocean by September.
Among scientists who study the Arctic sea ice, some think such an alarming total summer-time loss is likely within this decade, while others don't expect that loss for another 30 years or so.
The more open-ocean there is in the summer, the more total heat the Earth absorbs each year, and notably: the more permafrost thaws. The open ocean absorbs lots of solar energy, and that is expected to pour out, especially in autumn, as heated water vapor. Most of this excess heat is expected to stay low, close to the ground, and form low cloud-cover over the Arctic Ocean and surrounding permafrost. This will insulate the region from loosing its heat to the harsh sunless winter. This would be very bad because thawing permafrost will contribute huge amounts of greenhouse gas to the atmosphere. Aside from accelerating global warming and making our efforts to stop and/or counter it more expensive, the loss of sea ice could contribute to significant continued weather disruptions especially around the UK, but also around the world. The global climate is an interconnected system, and massive changes are underway. If you're not alarmed, you should be.
Below: Arctic sea ice concentration; from the US Navy here.

Sea Ice News: Volume 4 #1 – Arctic Ice gain sets a new record

Posted on February 12, 2013 by Anthony Watts
From the Nature abhors a vacuum department comes this note from RealScienceshowing that Arctic sea ice has made a stunning rebound since the record low recorded in the late summer of 2012.
With a few weeks of growth still to occur, the Arctic has blown away the previous record for ice gain this winter. This is only the third winter in history when more than 10 million km² of new ice has formed.

Sea Ice News: Volume 4 #1 – Arctic Ice gain sets a new record | Watts Up With That?

Sea Ice News: Volume 4 #1 – Arctic Ice gain sets a new record

Posted on February 12, 2013 by Anthony Watts
From the Nature abhors a vacuum department comes this note from RealScienceshowing that Arctic sea ice has made a stunning rebound since the record low recorded in the late summer of 2012.
With a few weeks of growth still to occur, the Arctic has blown away the previous record for ice gain this winter. This is only the third winter in history when more than 10 million km² of new ice has formed.

Sea Ice News: Volume 4 #1 – Arctic Ice gain sets a new record | Watts Up With That?

First year ice gains mean absolutely nothing and it's just another example of playing around with stats by funded climate deniers. What would mean much more would be gains in year over year ice thickness and more glaciers staying stable or producing gains as opposed to the majority of glaciers retreating. This goes back to the previous discussion regarding whose rhetoric are you willing to believe and why. If you believe the corporate gods should be allowed to dance, mine, frack and pillage the planet in an unrestricted manner then yes, this post has relevance. If you think the corporate gods need a little more handcuffing to restrict how much we are poisoned then this post's skewed stats is a good example of how we need a better response to the climate change denial propaganda machine. Celebrating first year ice is just another distraction from the truth. Even the title of the site tells you how hard the deniers try to prove their point on behalf of profit.

Interesting take on Climate change and worth taking the time to listen to. He starts talking about it a little way into the vid so watch the whole thing.
This guy is not of the tinfoil hat kind but some one trying to make sense of it all.

THREAD

forum

Back