• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Global Warming Happy Fun-Time

Free episodes:

you think extinction rates have peaked during the last 200 years.... not even close to a scientific assessment and a very typical style of off handed observation by "warmists". Mother Nature probably is the most harmful to the planet over humans. Earthquakes, plate tectonics, volcanic eruptions and gasses, hurricanes, glaciers, fires, etc etc etc..are all pretty violent earth changing events... so are you going to tax mother nature to halt that behavior?

Yes, extinctions are part of the natural cycle of events on our planet, as life forms give rise to new life forms, and I'm very accepting of the fact that as the millennia roll on by different eras give rise to a whole new slate of biology. But, in the collection of natural extinction causes, planetary warming and CO2 are one of the four horses of the apocalypse. In the post-industrial age it is humanity that is riding that horse. Mother nature certainly does her own thing but we are currently the biggest agent of change in the age of the mammals.

Yes, extinctions are part of the natural cycle of events on our planet, as life forms give rise to new life forms, and I'm very accepting of the fact that as the millennia roll on by different eras give rise to a whole new slate of biology. But, in the collection of natural extinction causes, planetary warming and CO2 are one of the four horses of the apocalypse. In the post-industrial age it is humanity that is riding that horse. Mother nature certainly does her own thing but we are currently the biggest agent of change in the age of the mammals.
Now you are just being silly.

Now you are just being silly.
Actually, I was working on being reasonable to help you put into context humanity's real role in current extinction processes.
Thanks! Those were hilarious! Is that a parody site of some kind?
I think the author's Wonder Woman image was the giveaway that confirmed this.

Ooh, those evil green people trying to steal everyone's freedom to put air-conditioning in the dog's house.

Actually, I was working on being reasonable to help you put into context humanity's real role in current extinction processes.

I think the author's Wonder Woman image was the giveaway that confirmed this.

Ooh, those evil green people trying to steal everyone's freedom to put air-conditioning in the dog's house.
extinction is the way things go on this planet. there are millions of years of proof. humans will go extinct as well.

can you tell me what parts of those links i provided are not true?

AGAIN.... so what part is not factual?
Without taking time to fact check the 'right' side of the news, i would rather emphasize it's not about facts so much as the interpretations of countless variables at work, especially the nuances of how corporate power and nations interact with each other. The history of the planet is replete with kings being dictated to by those who control the purse strings, and sometimes the king gets to call the shots. We still live in these times. That the elite are making money off of hedge fund formerly known as planet earth is nothing new, neither is the role of propaganda being spun on either side, claiming each other is the devil or is in league with him.

Consequently I don't have much time for entertainment or political drivel which equally work to distract the masses and keep them complacent arguing about whose propaganda is right, like cheering for overpaid sports teams. The real blood getting squeezed out is from third world spaces while the middle classes of the first world nations stay content buying plastic products from slave workers on plantations or the ones dying in crumbling buildings. Those are my realities, like the reality that the real power of the world is held at a supreme distance from voting citizens. So the argument that there is some green conspiracy is equal to the argument that there is a conspiracy to profit off of the war machine that is the industrial complex, and that it does not discriminate in who dies...oh, wait a second, that last bit actually isn't a conspiracy.

You see, it's all point of view. Some believe in political rhetoric; some believe in god and others believe in Paris Hilton. I do prefer the reality I know, I guess as you prefer yours. But there are no facts to debate when it comes to rhetoric and conspiracies - it's the same as using the bible to prove 7 different conflicting interpretations of whatever it is you want to sell. I ain't buyin anything from no salesperson.

that was a very long winded way of saying you find nothing that is not a fact.

follow the money and look behind the green mask and you will find the truth.

Seriously Pixel? Follow the money?

Even the richest oil company in the world acknowledges that human caused climate change is happening, they just are honest and say they don't like the way it's being approached economically.

Managing climate change risks | ExxonMobil

I don't care if you don't like the proposed economic changes, at least do like Exxon Mobile and acknowledge it's happening, other wise you come off looking foolish.

If you do not care to follow my advice to check the DATA, why not follow moncktons advice and get your climate info from the scientific data rather than from al gore, skeptical science, john cook and oil companies?
An interesting read follows about your other "credible" source that came up with the 97% of scientists agree bullshit, John "cook the books" Cook
Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring '97-Percent Consensus' Claims - Forbes
Global Warming Alarmists Caught Doctoring ’97-Percent Consensus’ Claims

i acknowledge climate change. it is pretty high and mighty of you to think we humans are causing catastrophic warming of the planet... or are you going to jump on the renewed global cooling fear mongering now?

i acknowledge climate change. it is pretty high and mighty of you to think we humans are causing catastrophic warming of the planet... or are you going to jump on the renewed global cooling fear mongering now?

Did I say catastrophic? Look back at every single post I have ever made on the subject. I'll wait...

Okay. See? I never said catastrophic. I just said we're part of it.

Back