• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Get rid of Biedny

How Do You Want The Paracast to Proceed?

• Less David Biedny

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No David Biedny

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Leave the Format As It Currently Stands

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • More Biedny

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RedFist,

Well, kiddo, you may be drunker than Dubya at a Yale S&B reunion, but regardless, that might be my fave post in this thread. :D

And I do indeed know the meaning of my last name, it's an instant icebreaker when meeting Polish nationals!

dB

RedFist said:
Don't even get me started on Bush supporters (history will judge you as ass-licking, brown-shirted, brain-washed, inbred nazi-sycophants).

History will show (if the powers that be let it) how close to the truth you are with this colourful statement, my friend :p

A guy who writes for the Idaho Observer (Don Nickoloff) claims that Bush Senior is in fact a German spy brought over to the US before the beginning of the war etc etc etc.. :p ... and what with Operation Paperclip happening, the fascism in the US masquerading as patriotism et al, who's to say he's not right?? ... cue spooky music :D

(link: http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20070405.htm ... love the pic of (possibly) a young Bush Sr and Joseph Mengele :p)

Oh and yeah ... but I digress ... I pretty much agree with what you said completely but I would have used of course, less fruity epithets :D

RedFist said:
In my humble opinion this show is constantly gaining credibility as a source of information for people who are seriously interested in the subject of the paranormal. By taking his guests to task, Biedny has done a lot to establish this credibility. This is something which I really hope will continue.

Just got back from a party and I am completely drunk. Therefore, looking down from my (slightly-fuzzy) high-horse I would like to make the following points :

1) Moaning motherfuckers who complain about politics being brought up on the P.C - please shut the fuck up! How can you not see the relationship between the UFO phenomenon and politics???
To anybody who has at least half a functioning brain cell you sound like the most retarded fuckwits on the planet.
YOUR tax money pays for these lying sacks of shit to rob you blind, rape your environment and sell you out. At least try to get a little back by criticising these cunts as often as possible.
If you are so mind-numbingly, skull-fuckingly dumb that you can't open your eyes to any horizon broader than your own ass, please don't inflict this cretinous whinge onto anybody who wishes to actually use their brains.
Don't even get me started on Bush supporters (history will judge you as ass-licking, brown-shirted, brain-washed, inbred nazi-sycophants).

2) DB does really bad impressions, but his George S-noory voice makes me laugh every time. (Don't agree? Get fucked, I don't care.)

3) Biedny means 'poor' in Polish. Just thought, I'd bring that up.

Vulgarities aside, I genuinely hope this show continues to broadcast. We should be happy that somebody has finally to decided to challenge the horseshit mongers who make a living by spewing filth about this subject.

Keep it up.

Amazing. :D

Do you do public lectures? Can I hire you? :D

Richard Dolan's excellent "Security State" book ties together the political and UFO fields in a highly compelling and legitimate way.

dB

musictomyears said:
RedFist said:
How can you not see the relationship between the UFO phenomenon and politics???

Could you briefly explain that relationship to us? (Minus the foul language, please).

The way the media and the state try to lie about, debunk and paint people who follow the UFO phenomenon as "nuts" is sadly the same way they deal with other issues, like war and election fraud.

Also if any money is being spent by the US state on investigating UFOs in any way, as many people think it is, it must be secret. If this is the case we have to ask where is the money coming from and where is it going exactly?
Is it tax money or is it being generated by other means?

You can't get much more political than this.

UFOs and politics are inseparable. If UFOs are from other planets and/or dimensions and the world's governments are keeping this from us, that's political. If they're ours, but governments are happy for us to believe they're ET, in order to carry out testing of secret craft, weapons, etc, in plain sight, that's also political. If the governments have no idea what the hell they are, but are glibly reassuring us that they are no threat, without knowing for sure one way or another - well, that's political too. Whatever they are, these things exist. Any government which denies its interest when unknown craft intrude into its airspace, and engage in potentially hostile and dangerous activities, such as buzzing passenger jets, is lying. How much more political than that can anything get? I don't see how anyone can discuss UFOs for more than a minute or two, without the discussion touching on politics in some way.

Siani said:
UFOs and politics are inseparable. If UFOs are from other planets and/or dimensions and the world's governments are keeping this from us, that's political. If they're ours, but governments are happy for us to believe they're ET, in order to carry out testing of secret craft, weapons, etc, in plain sight, that's also political. If the governments have no idea what the hell they are, but are glibly reassuring us that they are no threat, without knowing for sure one way or another - well, that's political too. Whatever they are, these things exist. Any government which denies its interest when unknown craft intrude into its airspace, and engage in potentially hostile and dangerous activities, such as buzzing passenger jets, is lying. How much more political than that can anything get? I don't see how anyone can discuss UFOs for more than a minute or two, without the discussion touching on politics in some way.

Exactly, you can't talk about UFOs without talking about politics also.

I woke up with the foulest hangover in the world today. I'm telling you; it was pure evil. I had to scrape my head off my pillow with a spatula and then dump into a bucket of ice just in order to be able to open my eyes. I literally had to shave my tongue - my mouth felt as though it had served as the abode to a pack of partying sewer rats engaging in a depraved scat orgy.
As I sit lying in bed, feeling like half a ton of pummeled dog-shit, I truly believe that I mean it when I say that... I will never drink again. :redface:

Could you briefly explain that relationship to us? (Minus the foul language, please).

There is a 'yes' and a 'no' answer to this question.

Can the link relationship be explained? Yes, and I believe it was explained very well by Siani, nice one kidda.

Minus the foul language? No, so cunt-flaps to that. :D

You guys are so sure that you've got it all sussed, eh. You think that the UFO subject gets suppressed by the CIA because... ah well, because! Yeah, right, because of the security state. That's the answer. Those mean CIA bosses just won't tell us the truth. What would we do without the Paracast? We would still be in the dark. Throw in a few expletives, some innuendoes for good measure, and off you go. International broadcasts, no less, that's the goal. The world has been waiting for it! All the other researchers and broadcasters - dare I mention experiencers - who happen to disagree with you are just not very intelligent, I know... David keeps reminding us. And there are sycophants to cheer him on, all 10 of them, so who am I to argue?

Look up the word "hubris". And then buy a mirror.

David, there was a time when I took you seriously. You yourself sound like a naughty teenager, and your most avid fans here certainly do too. As it stands - and it may come as a surprise to you - the Paracast is not even a footnote in UFO history. And you already think you play in the premier league, with the grown-ups?

"Grown-ups"?

I was not aware that there are "grown-ups" on the planet, much less the UFO field of interest. I like to think that my inner child is healthy, angry and not afraid to show himself.

Life is political, the moment you involve more than two people. Rich Dolan's book makes an extremely strong case for military - hence, political involvement - in the area of interest of UFOs. France releases it's files on UFOs - political or not?

And what makes you think that I think I have it all "sussed-out"? I'm as confused as anyone else, I have my internal thoughts about this stuff, some amount of it comes to the surface, but I certainly don't pretend to have any answers.

And for your information, based on the mountain of email Gene & I receive regarding how this show impacts people's lives, I don't have to wonder whether the Paracast has fulfilled - and continues to fulfill - an important role in helping lots of folks not feel so quite alone, in respect to their thoughts and concerns regarding these topics. It's certainly gone beyond anything that Gene & I could imagine.

Thanks so much for your input!

dB

I'm a longtime Biedny "fan" since the '90's when I saw you at a Photoshop seminar in the SF Bay Area (and a fellow MAC/PS user). David is the reason I started listening. I had no idea the show would be so good and it keeps getting better!

I was freakin' thrilled when I discovered The Paracast and have all the shows downloaded on my Pod so I can replay them whenever...I can't wait for the new shows every week.

Getting rid of David would be a HUGE mistake. Getting rid of Gene would be a HUGE mistake...DON"T CHANGE A THING, please!!!

And now for something a little 'lighter'...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shk8HawnCTs

...I miss 'The Young Ones'. :)

David Biedny said:
"Grown-ups"?

I was not aware that there are "grown-ups" on the planet, much less the UFO field of interest. I like to think that my inner child is healthy, angry and not afraid to show himself.

"Do me a favour, get in touch with your outer adult".

[size=x-small]Paraphrase of you know who.[/size]

So ... Here's a question for all the people who don't like David.

Why, in heavens name, are you still listening to the show? Whether it's a TV show, radio show or podcast, if I don't like the host, the format, or how they cover subjects I am interested in, I just stop listening. Recently I stopped listening to Whitley Strieber's Unknown Country for just that reason -- too much "woo-woo" for my tastes.

If David is such a distraction, and so _____ (you fill in the blank), why do you keep coming back for more?

I won't say that I don't like David, but I will guess that for many an interest in the guest is what keeps them coming back. I mean, I hate Jay Leno's show but if The Misfits were on or Harry Anderson was going to come on and perform magic again, I would watch it. Given this subject matter, you may not get another opportunity to hear many of these guests, particularly when the sun is shining!

One thing that I will throw out, and it goes back to my suggestion that they get some professional consultation if they want to syndicate, is that if I am not interested in a guest I tend not to listen. Gene and David are not able to keep me interested and I am not listening every week to hear David's or Gene's opinions or their witty banter! Once ratings are brought into the picture that will have to change... unless I am an incredible minority. Also, I think that they could use some advice on retooling the show for real time listening as opposed to on demand.

Michael L. said:
I won't say that I don't like David, but I will guess that for many an interest in the guest is what keeps them coming back. I mean, I hate Jay Leno's show but if The Misfits were on or Harry Anderson was going to come on and perform magic again, I would watch it. Given this subject matter, you may not get another opportunity to hear many of these guests, particularly when the sun is shining!

I suppose to some degree you are right, I have done the same thing myself. But I do listen to other podcast, Mysterious Universe, Culture of Contact, Binall of America, Black Vault (hasn't been one for a while) and most of the guest that show up on the Paracast show up on these other shows. It seems silly to keep listening to something that aggravates you.

Besides, have you written to Jay Leno recently to tell him he sucks ? I am guessing you hold your nose and watch the show and then get on with your life.

Michael L. said:
One thing that I will throw out, and it goes back to my suggestion that they get some professional consultation if they want to syndicate, is that if I am not interested in a guest I tend not to listen. Gene and David are not able to keep me interested and I am not listening every week to hear David's or Gene's opinions or their witty banter! Once ratings are brought into the picture that will have to change... unless I am an incredible minority. Also, I think that they could use some advice on retooling the show for real time listening as opposed to on demand.

I can't really speak to this, I am certainly no expert in the field of broadcasting. You may be right about needing a slicker format if they want to go into syndication. I like the show as it is, and like the witty banter.

It does appear that my politics and opinions pretty much line up with Daivd's, and we all like our opinions to be affirmed by others. Maybe that's reason some people don't like David, he expresses opinions that differ from theirs.

Michael L. said:

Danzig or Graves era Misfits?

Music to my ears said
David, there was a time when I took you seriously. You yourself sound like a naughty teenager, and your most avid fans here certainly do too. As it stands - and it may come as a surprise to you - the Paracast is not even a footnote in UFO history. And you already think you play in the premier league, with the grown-ups?

So are you talking about big boys like C2C or Rense.com? Where people like Ed dames,Sean Morton and Richard Hoagland are considered reliable and credible guests? Are you kidding me dude?? What UFO history are you talking about? Most UFO history is garbage, Its shows like the Paracast that take out that garbage. Go on Google video and watch the UFO conferences and tell me with a straight face that you can take the majority of those people seriously.

If you are a Jew (which I'm not) and went to Rense.com I think you would be pretty offended. If you know your history those are the same arguments on Rense, that many other cultures used as an excuse for slaughter.

The Paracast is successful and intriguing because the hosts and the forums do not have an agenda. Know one gets a free pass.

No (actual) evidence to show for this of course, but my gut feeling is that Rense.com is a disinfo site, anyway ... I mean if its (supposedly) number one on the FBIs most disinfo-y site list ... well its got to be a bit dodgy in the first place.

(1) Since the FBI are promoting it in this way (isn't making it obvious that the FBI don't like it, a way of making more people go to it ... so that they get the disinfo the FBI want you to get?? :D ... convoluted or just paranoid??? oh definitely, my child, definitely :D

(2) Rense himself ... big hair, very very dull interviewer, very dodgy past (see WingTVs stuff on Jeff Rense) and a number of very dodgy columnists (see Webster Tarpley, at least)

(3) throws out a lot of good stuff (and yes some of the "jewish" stuff is in fact good stuff ... you just have to dig around for it amongst the more brilliantly lit supposed anti-semitic stuff) mixed in with the seriously bad ufo crap, and fearmongering bird flu crap.

Anyway other podcasts in no particular order:

Binnall of America - ok ... don't think TB is the best interviewer but he has a few decent guests on now and again. TB also seems to be more interested in the personalities than the actual paranormal phenomena ... which to me is a bit ... odd :confused:

Culture of Contact - my second fave podcast after The Paracast. Get past the goofiness, and there's some really really good stuff there, and very human too. Check out the DB episode. Terribly terribly good stuff.

The Edge - Daniel Ott is ok ... a bit caustic sometimes and a bit rambly (??), I think, and this prog does cater for a certain religious audience. But you get some very odd stuff on here from time to time thats worth a listen.

Mysterious Universe - just a sort of news roundup the last time I heard it. Ok if you can't be bothered scouring the internet, but was never blown away by the format.

Black Vault Radio - Strangely cosy podcast :D ... but there's some good stuff on it now and again. Wish he'd get some new music now and then though :D

Radio Mysterioso - arrghhh ... love this programme. Never get to hear it though, and there are only a few very ancient podcasts up on the site. Very annoying. Could be great if the podcasts were archived every week.

There are a few others I listen to now and again:

Ghostly Talk
PsiOp Radio
PreCognitive Dissonance
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Red Ice Creations
Kentroversy Tapes
(Vyzygoth's Grassy Knoll ... now defunct :-( )

I'm sure there are others I checkout but I can't for the life of me think what they are at the moment :D ... oh well ... thats no fun then :p

p.s. However, The Paracast is still top of the chart on my mp3 player (and no its not a flipping I-pod ... I got mine a couple of years before the podcast craze really got going :-P ... so put that in your pipe and smoke it :D ... I-pod Schm-I-Pod ... what a load of tat :D)

schticknz said:
No (actual) evidence to show for this of course, but my gut feeling is that Rense.com is a disinfo site, anyway ... I mean if its (supposedly) number one on the FBIs most disinfo-y site list ... well its got to be a bit dodgy in the first place.

(1) Since the FBI are promoting it in this way (isn't making it obvious that the FBI don't like it, a way of making more people go to it ... so that they get the disinfo the FBI want you to get?? :D ... convoluted or just paranoid??? oh definitely, my child, definitely :D

(2) Rense himself ... big hair, very very dull interviewer, very dodgy past (see WingTVs stuff on Jeff Rense) and a number of very dodgy columnists (see Webster Tarpley, at least)

(3) throws out a lot of good stuff (and yes some of the "jewish" stuff is in fact good stuff ... you just have to dig around for it amongst the more brilliantly lit supposed anti-semitic stuff) mixed in with the seriously bad ufo crap, and fearmongering bird flu crap.

Anyway other podcasts in no particular order:

Binnall of America - ok ... don't think TB is the best interviewer but he has a few decent guests on now and again. TB also seems to be more interested in the personalities than the actual paranormal phenomena ... which to me is a bit ... odd :confused:

Culture of Contact - my second fave podcast after The Paracast. Get past the goofiness, and there's some really really good stuff there, and very human too. Check out the DB episode. Terribly terribly good stuff.

The Edge - Daniel Ott is ok ... a bit caustic sometimes and a bit rambly (??), I think, and this prog does cater for a certain religious audience. But you get some very odd stuff on here from time to time thats worth a listen.

Mysterious Universe - just a sort of news roundup the last time I heard it. Ok if you can't be bothered scouring the internet, but was never blown away by the format.

Black Vault Radio - Strangely cosy podcast :D ... but there's some good stuff on it now and again. Wish he'd get some new music now and then though :D

Radio Mysterioso - arrghhh ... love this programme. Never get to hear it though, and there are only a few very ancient podcasts up on the site. Very annoying. Could be great if the podcasts were archived every week.

There are a few others I listen to now and again:

Ghostly Talk
PsiOp Radio
PreCognitive Dissonance
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Red Ice Creations
Kentroversy Tapes
(Vyzygoth's Grassy Knoll ... now defunct :-( )

I'm sure there are others I checkout but I can't for the life of me think what they are at the moment :D ... oh well ... thats no fun then :p

p.s. However, The Paracast is still top of the chart on my mp3 player (and no its not a flipping I-pod ... I got mine a couple of years before the podcast craze really got going :-P ... so put that in your pipe and smoke it :D ... I-pod Schm-I-Pod ... what a load of tat :D)

Love Mysterious Universe & a few others you mentioned, even try: http://www.ghostradiox.com (Australian Paranormal Channel) which has it's good segments.

But seriously, EDGE RADIO!? That guy 'Ott' is such a half-witted hyperactive, lame-arsed douchebag he hasn't a clue on what it is he is asking his guests!

That is my opinion, but geeez....Nah, i'll stop there.

Goody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back