• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Get rid of Biedny

Free episodes:

How Do You Want The Paracast to Proceed?

• Less David Biedny

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No David Biedny

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Leave the Format As It Currently Stands

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • More Biedny

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say that I haven't listened to C2C since before Art Bell left, so I really can't comment on the quality of the show, interviewer or the guests. What I can comment on is the idea that popularity equates to quality -- to that I say: Brittany Spears, Paris Hilton, Hannah Montana and of course G. W. Bush (who is not so popular now -- but was)

Popularity in this country is mostly do to with perception and marketing. The marketing creates the perception of popularity. We see that with the manufactured pop groups and politicians. The point is that even if C2C is number one that doesn't really mean much, they don't have a lot of on air competition and they are part of a major distributor of radio programs. I suspect that in that situation I could have a number one program.

I just found this thread/poll.

It sounds like someone just needed a hug. Not liking the heat from being in the spotlight perhaps, or maybe just an attention whore.

But while Gene is cool and all, I think it's you that really makes the show what it is.

Stop being a puss and hang in there.

lotusland said:
Seeing as this thread has segued into a rant about C2C, I guess I'll add my 2 cents.

First off, Snoory is abysmal and has lowered the quality of the show completely. I never listen to any of his interviews anymore, even when the guests are worthwhile as those interviews are so painfully conducted. His obvious lack of understanding/interest in this subject matter is apparent by the inane questions he asks. It's clear he either doesn't listen to the guests responses, or he is incapable of following the thread of a conversation which isn't centered around him. His self-referential musings and constant need for affirmation from his guests and listeners is nauseating. There is a substantial thread online entitled "George Noory Sucks" with more than 28000 posts about him, so yeah, his incompetence in this arena has been duly noted.

George Noory really has destroyed the show. Utterly destroyed it. I guess with the exit of Art Bell you could place some blame on him—afterall they could put a chimp in the studio and it would conduct a more compelling interview than this hack.

Regarding Noory's disinterest ... all you have to do is crank up the volume and you can hear this Noory clicking his mouse, typing on his keyboard, ruffling papers just doing just about anything but listen to his guest—and afterwards his follow up questions are so off-base.

A thread designed to boost the ego of the original poster, obviously, whatever anyone says, good or bad. Fair enough. However, let's not forget the swings of credulity that your listeners have been subjected to over the lifespan of this podcast, and now more recently we have to suffer practically EACH EPISODE your continual David Sereda-like references to your 'lovely girl-friend', repetitons on your pet cryto theory, challenging 'the scientific method' with something that only you seem to understand, moaning about how you're putting your reputation on the line, moaning about humanity in general...

Don't take it so seriously Biedny, for fuck's sake. It's ONLY A PODCAST. I don't have to listen to it, that's for sure, but like Bill Hicks once joked about COPS, it's like touching a sore tooth. I just can't help it. I need my weekly dose of pretend scepticsm about things that you people pretend to know something about. It's entertaining, in exactly the same way C2C in entertainment. Exactly the same. Embrace it, there'll always be a public for it, as I'm sure you're well aware.

Just a thought ...

Ever wonder why George is on during the week when most people have to sleep before going to work everyday? The sleepless, retired listeners call in to say they adore him. (choke) They are usually the sort who'll believe anything anyway or they are so darn grateful someone is there to entertain them during lonely hours.

That's why the great interviewers are on during weekends when the night owls can indulge themselves. Hell, they even get great guests. Poor Ian gets the dregs when he has to fill in for George, but the smarty pants makes the most of it.

Gene is the smoothie to your whacky, David, a term of endearment btw. It works.

Apologies to Binnall of America, but his interviews are so bland. He could take a lesson. LOL

Edit: Ew, Rob of the wild eyes, that isn't a post designed to boost your ego? Tsk.

Gene Steinberg said:
David needs no defense from me. He is, in fact, is a brilliant talk show personality and I'm extremely blessed to be working with him.

As to C2C, a show's popularity doesn't necessarily relate to its quality. That show's network is owned by Clear Channel, and they have hundreds of millions of dollars with which to promote their "products" We have a budget of less-than-zero and no research staff or producers to write us prompts to tell us what to do and how to do it.

I think that it's a miracle we've come this far.

You know, this opens one problem with the show that I would like to address. You have a graveyard section called "The Question Bank", whatever that means. It certainly isn't being used.

You mention that you have "no research staff or producers to write us prompts to tell us what to do and how to do it", why not take the idea seriously of giving the listeners a decent time frame to contribute questions for upcoming guests?

You can of course decide which ones are worth asking.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys have given a lot of time to decide what will be discussed on the show, and have a list of questions of your own before the show. Forgive me if I get the impression that there is a lot of winging-it in the show.

I don't think you need a poll to see how many people here would love to be a part of the show by contributing questions.

Miah said:
Gene Steinberg said:
David needs no defense from me. He is, in fact, is a brilliant talk show personality and I'm extremely blessed to be working with him.

As to C2C, a show's popularity doesn't necessarily relate to its quality. That show's network is owned by Clear Channel, and they have hundreds of millions of dollars with which to promote their "products" We have a budget of less-than-zero and no research staff or producers to write us prompts to tell us what to do and how to do it.

I think that it's a miracle we've come this far.

You know, this opens one problem with the show that I would like to address. You have a graveyard section called "The Question Bank", whatever that means. It certainly isn't being used.

You mention that you have "no research staff or producers to write us prompts to tell us what to do and how to do it", why not take the idea seriously of giving the listeners a decent time frame to contribute questions for upcoming guests?

You can of course decide which ones are worth asking.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys have given a lot of time to decide what will be discussed on the show, and have a list of questions of your own before the show. Forgive me if I get the impression that there is a lot of winging-it in the show.

This depends on the timeframe between having the guest available and doing the taping. Actually, we do refer to your questions when we can, and we do independent research with books, magazines and online resources to get background material. We don't make it up as we go along, but certainly you have to be flexible and respond to the guest, not the question list.

Gene Steinberg said:
This depends on the timeframe between having the guest available and doing the taping. Actually, we do refer to your questions when we can, and we do independent research with books, magazines and online resources to get background material. We don't make it up as we go along, but certainly you have to be flexible and respond to the guest, not the question list.

Not since the Boyd Bushman show have I seen anywhere telling us who's getting interviewed next, and when/where to post our questions. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Why not send out an email to listeners letting them know when a new thread opens in the Question Bank asking for questions for which guest?

You have it posted at the top of the forum who is on the show next, why not have it posted who will be interviewed next with a link to the question bank for it?

Without strong willed and direct show hosts like Biedny, this podcast could easily be overwhelmed by the over the top personalities that seem to plague this genre.

Biedny is detente vs the evil empire of bull shit slinging psychotic sheisters. His nuclear tipped barbs and stealth innuendo keeps the free world safe for believers and skeptics alike.

Love the show 95% of the time. Sometimes the conversation strays from the subject and Dave does some of his wacky voices and I begin to tune out. Humor is so subjective, so nothing personal against Dave. I'd also like to hear more from Gene, especially given his history with the UFO topic. How about more shows about current events (like the Texas event). Interview some of the reporters/witnesses involved.

You guys are still 100 times better than C2C. George Knapp is great, though.

Rob said:
A thread designed to boost the ego of the original poster, obviously, whatever anyone says, good or bad. Fair enough.

Don't take it so seriously Biedny, for fuck's sake. It's ONLY A PODCAST.

Well I wouldn't have put it quite so harshly, but those are my feelings in general also. As one who plays the part of the broad entertainer of wacky ideas, this might be the first thing I've agreed upon with Rob :)

In the interest of presenting that same position in a helpful light, I'd say that the less a person takes themselves seriously, the less they require external encouragement to keep them going. Because for a person with no self-importance, the motivation for doing something is simply that one loves it, rather than that one expects to change the world in some way. I'm fairly convinced that every significant change in the world is the result of forces that are bigger than any particular person.

Anyway take it or leave it, I'm a wordy guy at this time of night.

My vote fell into the "more" catagory, for the following reason.
DB, in my opinion, brings a "new school" thinking to the Paracast. It is this facet, combined with Gene's unrivaled historical involvement in the UFO world, that distinguishes the Paracast from the more commercial, more suburbanly palatable C2C.
David is moving in the direction of thinking, even when he's thinking out load, that will one day lead us to a better understanding of what has been going on with UFOs and their occupants for thousands of years (that is if we as a species ever "know").
On a strictly personal level, I believe the idea that these "things" eminate from Zeta Ret. or some other planet, while a legit theory, is but one possiblity in a long chain of explanations. David opens the doors to these other ideas and I for one appreciate it. The field, indeed the discussion, should have enough room for the Stanton "tire kickers" and the Mac Toonies and David B's.

David Biedny said:
On a serious note, I do agree that Gene needs to get more into the conversation when we're doing the show, but the deep dark truth is that Gene is off playing videogames while I'm speaking with guests. Listen carefully, he often comes into a conversation sounding somewhat confused, distracted, almost drunk. It drives me crazy, am I the only one who notices that he's smoking banana peels while I try to keep the guest engaged? 8)

dB

Poor Gene, he does appear to wander off radar occasionally during the show. Perhaps hes just waiting for a big enough gap to interject ;) - or maybe hes dreaming of princess Leia in that metal bikini? who knows what goes on deep within the "Steinburg" mind ;)

But yes, stop with the banana peels Gene, they rot your brain ;)

Dont mess up the format guys, its the best out there!

David, when you go on one of your rants about society or the media, I only ask that you balance that with at least one of your stupendous Stanton Friedman impressions.

We deserve at least that.

what kind of poll is this? I mean you are just going to get fans of the show kissing your butt. I think it is just a way for DB to build his ego;anyways the show would be better off without him. Gene should be the host...seems less judgemental. WE GET IT YOU ARE A PHOTO EXPERT...Geez... you do realize you are not the only one out there. Whats up with the constant mentioning of C2C..are you guys advertising for them or is it just professional jealousy...I go for the latter. I made my POV made and hope I do not get banned or whatever (seems to me if you disagree with someone on other sites you are banned or called a troll) for those of you who feel the need to defend the show...DON'T. I am sure the hosts can stand up for themselves and thier show. THX

Admittedly David annoys me at times with the angry mocking of guests (e.g., Friedman)--I think it's unwarranted--but he does a good job of asking good questions, such as challenging Birnes to correct errors on the air. Plus he makes honest statements and isn't afraid to speculate and ponder.

I vote for 'as is' because on balance it's a great show and it needs to keep going to get at some truth.

riggs said:
I mean you are just going to get fans of the show kissing your butt. I think it is just a way for DB to build his ego;anyways the show would be better off without him. Gene should be the host...seems less judgemental. WE GET IT YOU ARE A PHOTO EXPERT...Geez... you do realize you are not the only one out there. Whats up with the constant mentioning of C2C..are you guys advertising for them or is it just professional jealousy...I go for the latter.

Good first post, Riggs. I guess you never read the book "How to win friends and influence people". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back