• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Get rid of Biedny

Free episodes:

How Do You Want The Paracast to Proceed?

• Less David Biedny

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No David Biedny

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Leave the Format As It Currently Stands

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • More Biedny

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
cottonzway said:
It's pretty overwhelming that people either want it to stay the same or for David to speak more. I voted for more as I like listening to David because even when I don't agree with him he is brutally honest and that is very rare now. No reason for less and by no means no reason for David to go. Anyone who feels otherwise should just not listen to the show and take their bitching elsewhere.

To be very honest, I share the same point of view as you do cotton. David is extremely honest & I think that kind of personality is what makes (in my mind) The Paracast such a nice show to listen to.

& besides, Gene & David both have magical voices to listen to & I never find either of you monotonal as I do when I listen to other radio programs.

So, guys, should we keep him or not? :D

I'm conflicted.. when Biedny starts talking politics of any sort, I want to put my fist through the monitor. Otherwise, I love to hear him speak his mind. It's a quandry :)

Aside from that, I think the biggest problem the show faces is finding guests that aren't nutjobs. I suppose if you only had quests who could stand up to strict scrutiny there wouldn't be much of a show. My favorite shows are the roundtables with guys like Tonnies, Ritzmann, Kimball, Redfern, Bishop etc.

Keep the show as is. I love the balance between Gene and David. I don't even mind when David goes into his political rants (mostly cause I agree). I also love it when David does his dead-on impression of sNoory. This is the one podcast that I look forward to every week.

Political rants on any show that isn't dedicated to politics are unprofessional. Such transgressions inevitably alienate a good number of listeners, and prevent a show from ever being taken seriously by a more seasoned audience.

Going off on a tangent is easy - all too easy. However, exercising restraint takes discipline, and requires a certain level of personal maturity. In my experience, it is quite possible to express one's political views, and voice substantial criticism of "the powers that be", without losing focus on the topic at hand. It certainly requires a certain amount of willpower - however, it is a standard requirement if you want to be labelled "professional".

In the same vein, I find the rather popular C2C bashing on this forum quite odd. Regardless of the perceived quality of the guests (which sometimes is actually high), the presenters of C2C know where their boundaries are, and don't cross them. They appreciate that their job is to interview their guests and get the most out of them, but not to judge them. Again, that's part and parcel of being a pro. If you can't do that, you'll forever play in the amateur league.

I only 'bash' C2C because I am in love with ideologies & fascinated with dreaming up the impossible.

I am what some might say 'an intercalative person'; thus I fit exactly into the rest of the C2C pack. Why? Because I am all about invisioning reality in it's most abstract form. Not everything can be proven. As soon as you say this IS what this IS, you restrict further understanding of the 'thing'.

Furthermore, having said that, I feel I have the right to critisize because I know they present querky material, feature alot of fruitloops & attract an audience so diverse it's a mixed bag on the phoneline; I know the program in other words ;):D.

Goody.

musictomyears said:
Political rants on any show that isn't dedicated to politics are unprofessional. Such transgressions inevitably alienate a good number of listeners, and prevent a show from ever being taken seriously by a more seasoned audience.

Going off on a tangent is easy - all too easy. However, exercising restraint takes discipline, and requires a certain level of personal maturity. In my experience, it is quite possible to express one's political views, and voice substantial criticism of "the powers that be", without losing focus on the topic at hand. It certainly requires a certain amount of willpower - however, it is a standard requirement if you want to be labelled "professional".

In the same vein, I find the rather popular C2C bashing on this forum quite odd. Regardless of the perceived quality of the guests (which sometimes is actually high), the presenters of C2C know where their boundaries are, and don't cross them. They appreciate that their job is to interview their guests and get the most out of them, but not to judge them. Again, that's part and parcel of being a pro. If you can't do that, you'll forever play in the amateur league.

1.) Gotta disagree with the ranting about politics in a nonpolitical show = unprofessional. First off, this is a political show. It deals in government/military disinformation, lack of information, and cover-up quite often. Dave's particular rants are usually in the context of how completely oblivious and, by extension, uncaring Americans are, which serves to illustrate just how it is that the establishment can get away with what it gets away with. Is that isolating an audience? Sure. The ones who want their medicine sugarcoated. The people he's talking about. THE PROBLEM.

2.) Of Toast 2 Boast you wrote: "[They] appreciate that their job is to interview their guests and get the most out of them, but not to judge them." Take it from me, they do not know that that's their job :)

As far as David voicing his political views, I am happy to hear his views. I go along with his premise that you can not separate the political from the show's topics, especially UFOs. A recent example is the sighting in Texas. At first the Air Force said they had nothing in the air at the time of the sighting, two weeks later .."OOOPS our bad, we forgot ... we had planes flying in formation that night .. silly us" If you don't think politics plays a part in this kind of nonsense I know a Nigerian Banker who wants your email address.

musictomyears said:

You actually think that Slemby Snoory gets anything out of his guests besides loads of bull twinkies? When Bruce "So To Speak" Goldberg rants on for hours about nonsensical drivel, ShnoorTea just plays mindlessly with his handlebars and occasionally proclaims "amazing!", and then mentions his intense jones for chicken sandwiches and phlegm. Anyone with any story can go on there and they won't be challenged in any way, and sure, there are plenty of people that love that kind of "entertainment". On The Paracast, we do indeed express our opinions, and make some judgements about things, 'cause, well, OUR BRAINS STILL WORK. We are NOT just passive meat puppets, we are RIGHT THERE with our guests, engaging them and asking them HARD questions. Perhaps it's not a popular stance, the whole BRAIN thing, but damn, we're such troublemakers, dontcha think? ::)

dB

And folks, thanks sooooo veeeeery much for the outpouring of support and well, I'm blushing and trying to keep my wood nice and dry. Looks like I'm here to stay. For now.

Speaking of wooden products, Alea, looks to me like we need to meet and do the nasty... you single, or what? ;)

dB

David, you need to stay but give Gene more time to ask questions of guests. Lately the show has devolved to Gene as the MC and you are the sole questioner. A little more even time between you both might be in order. You do ask great questions and I know you want to get the the heart of the matter with each guest. Gene just needs to get involved more. Dave Mamrak

And, you know, Dave, the Snoory brand of entertainment wouldn't bug me at all if he didn't then have the audacity to write books that inject himself into the mystery. If you're the guy who just listens to any old crap story that sells, good. Be that guy. But don't then turn around and pretend to be an expert on anything or a voice of reason. You're a DJ, essentially, spinning stories, not an examiner/philosopher with anything profound to add.

Keep it as is. It's both of you that make the show what it is.
Y'all are the only talk radio I can tolerate on any subject.

If you promise to not change the line-up, I'll promise to *shudder* not skip the commercials.

Really.

David Biedny said:
Speaking of wooden products, Alea, looks to me like we need to meet and do the nasty... you single, or what? ;)

dB

David, David, David, what would your lovely GF say ????? :eek:

Come on. I can't take this seriously. David, I find you to be one of the most objective/honest, straight-forward and compelling hosts on the subject anywhere. Not to mention your personal experiences give you a certain amount of authority on the subject matter. Please don't entertain the thought of leaving this show—would be an enormous loss. Oh and anyone that likes Radiohead gets some bonus points.

Given the amount of non-sense in the "field" I would bet the negative comments come from some of the whack-jobs and their followers. You pose a legitimate threat to their bogus viewpoints and products they are pandering.

If you stop to think about it, the Paracast is pretty much the only objective "mass-media" out there. C2C, Ufo Mag, Rense, etc... come on.

I've listened to most of the shows and if there is one thing that bugged me it would be the Boyd Bushman episode. The opinion/judgement on Boyd seemed sort of rushed. I could very well be wrong as I have not read to much about the man, but he seemed genuine to me. I think some of his "quirks" can be explained by generational differences not to mention he's simply old an old dude, smart dude at that. He reminds me so much of my best friend's grandfather who was a biologist. His style of humor and delivery were very similar. Would love to hear from this guy again.

nikki630 said:
David Biedny said:

dB

I think she would say, "this Alea, does she smell good"?

Or...

"Is she anyone we know?"

Or...

"Can we invite her out to dinner, or simply go straight to desert?"

For, you see, I am a lucky man, and my sweet Ale... ehr, Suzie is the girl for me.

dB

David Biedny said:
nikki630 said:
David Biedny said:

dB

I think she would say, "this Alea, does she smell good"?

Or...

"Is she anyone we know?"

Or...

"Can we invite her out to dinner, or simply go straight to desert?"

For, you see, I am a lucky man, and my sweet Ale... ehr, Suzie is the girl for me.

dB

My My -- sounds like you have LOTS of fun -- but I fear this is a topic for another forum all together -- I don't want to get the moderator angry at me for posting off topic messages -- LOL

not that it is not enjoyable but I would like a little less of David and a more even balance between the hosts. theres just a level of David's personal life I just have no interest in like his girlfriend, the fact he has one, whatever, it just seems out of place that he feels the need to keep mentioning her.

glenn40 said:
not that it is not enjoyable but I would like a little less of David and a more even balance between the hosts. theres just a level of David's personal life I just have no interest in like his girlfriend, the fact he has one, whatever, it just seems out of place that he feels the need to keep mentioning her.

Well, she kisses me every time I mention her.

You caught me, I'm in it for the kisses.

On a serious note, I do agree that Gene needs to get more into the conversation when we're doing the show, but the deep dark truth is that Gene is off playing videogames while I'm speaking with guests. Listen carefully, he often comes into a conversation sounding somewhat confused, distracted, almost drunk. It drives me crazy, am I the only one who notices that he's smoking banana peels while I try to keep the guest engaged? 8)

dB

glenn40 said:

Hmmmm -- I think this is exactly what I enjoy about the show. The hosts are real people, with real lives and real opinions. The other shows seem very robotic to me. You don't get a lot of personality from the hosts of other shows

Oh and one other thing I like about the show is that they explore all sorts of esoteric possibilities without getting all 'woo woo', if you know what I mean.

I guess all in all I am pretty happy with the show. I look forward to it every week and have been disappointed only on the most rare occasions.

BTW, RE: politics... I find politics to be paranormal, and therefor appropriate. It is a deeply strange phenomenon that the masses around the globe allow these fucked up leaders to lead in the first place. There is obviously some form of bizarre psychology that could be rooted in the "paranormal", and the leaders themselves could well be influenced / controlled by / actually be otherworldly beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back