• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Get rid of Biedny

How Do You Want The Paracast to Proceed?

• Less David Biedny

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No David Biedny

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Leave the Format As It Currently Stands

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • More Biedny

Votes: 18 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall, I think David does a great job, now let me list the myriad of things I want to correct.....j/k

The only couple of things I would add is for Gene to get a little more involved, I like his input as well. The recent podcast with Brad Steiger was an excellent example in my mind of both hosts being involved. Fascinating discussion between the guys imho.

I do ocassionally get irritated with David ranting, particularly getting guests to buy into his theory of how things are. I actually am inclined to agree with him on his theories but I do get that, here he goes again mentality when he starts off on this is how it really is track. It just goes a little far some times and we lose track of what the guest is trying to say. I'm open to any avenue that this phenomena may pan out into, but I fear David is beginning to make up his mind that there is one particular resolution which violates his own mantra of no one knows the answer.....

That being said, I like David, think he's a good guy. I've found even more of an insight into him by listening to him as a guest on The Clueless One's podcast. It's great to have an experiencer like David whose not a druggie or boozing it up, gives him extra credibility. I'd like to see him come out about even more of his paranormal experiences. Keep up the good work, just try not to form a certain platform, thats the only thing that could run me off(unless you come up with some good solid proof:).

Besides if you think David gets wacky sometimes, you should try listening to vaeni's podcast.....As much as I like his podcast he makes Dave seem calm and collected.

I see no reason to defend David & Gene, they know where they stand with their listeners; & thankyou Riggs, your opinion 'is' appreciated.

I am sure David knows that some people dislike his 'style' & others love it; it's just that threads such as this one bring people out of the woodwork. Keep the show as it is for sure.

Gene comes across as more of a 'moderator' in my opinion & David more of a frontman, the mixture of the 2 forms allows the show a bit of bias & character; it isn't asthough they necessarily have presuppositions at all (unless you'd consider bringing certain guests onto the show to expose them to be an agenda, which is still fine). Their objectives are well researched, educated & laid out for the listeners to disseminate & draw their own opinions from. If it was your show & your driving motivation was to come across as plausible & credible, than you would have to be an honest man & yes a bastard at times too.

It's upto the audience to make up their own minds as to whether or not they enjoy the material or the hosts. But yeah, if you dislike whats on offer thats fine, i'd even say feel free to voice your opinions on here as long as you like; but don't slander.

As I said, I don't slander C2C out of bad taste; I actually like many of the shows, it's just they are 'too fair'.

Goody.

There are folks that feel that I started this thread to get some love. Maybe they're somewhat right - I got a few emails early this week, from folks who just seem to have an issue with my opinionated attitude, and I was feeling that I've been pissing in the wind. I sometimes get frustrated with this situation, feeling that the majority of folks don't really want to know what's really going on, they just want their pet theories to be correct. I know that I've been expressing my own thoughts about the UFO/alien phenomenon a bit too much on the show - this is one of the only times I can really talk freely about this topic, and hell, that's one of the main reasons I decided to do the show with Gene. As I've stated more than once, this show is a form of therapy for me, so sorry if I yack too much.

I've been reading a lot of Vallee's material recently, and I'm doing my best to get him on the show. Perhaps it's because I'm coming to the conclusion that he is the one researcher who was truly on the trail of a significant breakthrough, and the one who most close mirrors my own thoughts and opinions. We humans seem to like to surround ourselves with like-minded folks, kindred spirits. Thanks to everyone for the love - and even the hatred.

dB

David,
thanks for your openness, your honesty, and participation. as a listener for a couple years now. A willing, interested, and appreciative subscriber who gains from your show, keeps coming back week after week--just keep doing what your doing. In my initial interpretation of your post I may have had one thought, but as things, posts, comments, your comments transpire my views change. My thought now, thanks Man. I'll leave it at that.

[/quote]
David, you may not be aware of it, but with statements such as the above, you come across as someone who is so full of himself he is about to explode.

So you reckon everyone who listens to C2C is not capable of determining what "quality" is - a highly subjective concept? You also insinuate that I'd be so stupid to try to buy a bridge from you? Do you really think making such a remark is funny? It isn't, it is condescending.
[/quote]

I totally agree. Hosts to paranormal shows are somewhat secondary in nature to the guests they promote.
Some people seem to think that the listeners are unable to decide, for themselves, if these guests are full of shit or not. The minority of morons may well do but the vast majority of C2C and Paracast listeners are more than able to delineate between crap peddlers and the fair dinkum, knowledgeable and informative guests.(Both C2C and the Paracast, indeed most paranormal shows have had their share of knob jockeys as guests).

I don't know about others but i listen to other podcasts than just the Paracast including C2C, Mysterious Universe, Binnall etc. My listening to all of them is based on the guests they provide. If the guest sounds like a cock forehead, i turn it off or delete it. I don't need others to tell me who is good or bad, i make up my own mind. Agreed some of the hosts of these shows, at times, come across as egotistical morons which in itself can lead to the aforementioned turning off or deletion but if the guest and their views are interesting then i will suffer through it.
As hosts Gene and David are up there in the premiere league of presenters probably more than able to handle a nationwide or worldwide show distribution..Gene's Martin to David's Lewis act is a good balance and both play off each other very well.

But this poll thing is purely egotistical and attention seeking.Get a grip David. So what one or two people dislike you, big deal. Get over it. Most persons here love your work and consider you to be the main reason for listening.
Get on with it and get back to doing what you do best, bringing out the tough questions and the best in your guests and waking Gene up from his cheese induced slumber when the need arises.

Wow that last reply was a bit tough. I had the thought that DB was being a bit doubtful about his role on the programme, and wanted to get an opinion on how other people saw his role, and whether or not he was being "too political" or whatever.

My god that sense of doubt is wonderful to see in a person doing a paranormal podcast. A sense of doubt humanises the presenter, and makes for a more intimate programme in my opinion. It also shows that the presenter wants to find out more ... wants to know the truth without some hidden agenda being involved.

We're all (fricking) human after all, nobody has all the answers, and to show a bit of frailty now and again in an honest way is fine by me.

One of the best, and most human, podcasts of any kind I've ever heard was DB, uncensored, on The Clueless One's podcast, Culture of Contact. Yeah there were swear words but my god if one saw a UFO like Biedny had wouldn't several swear words come to your mind. I mean: what the f*** is that?? or what the f*** is going on???

Carry on as you are DB :). You're doing fine (took me a while to warm up to you ... but I'm strange like that sometimes :D). And so are you, Gene, although your "ha ha ha" laugh is sometimes a little off-putting :p (i'm a sensitive soul).

All in all ... best podcast out there, and long may it continue.

schtick

Vallee would be a real feather in your hats, Gene and Dave. He's the premier go-to guy in this field, as far as I'm concerned. Wow, I'd be glued to my chair for that one because it's the only chance I might have to hear Vallee unchained.

Snoory recently botched an interview with him big time. I was aching to hear him go into more of the hands on research with real witnesses like only he can. He never throws out parts of an interview that makes other researchers uncomfortable. Truly a brave and brilliant man.

Oh, please. Let him make the time!

DBTrek said:
Alright, this thread is straight up weird.

Ok ... this came after my last post ... are you trying to say I'm weird??? :D I thought I was being honest and thoughtful ... for a change :D

Still ... I think The Simpsons is a pile of crap ... so what do I know? :p

schtick ... deeply puzzled by humans since 1967

schticknz said:
Ok ... this came after my last post ... are you trying to say I'm weird??? :D I thought I was being honest and thoughtful ... for a change :D

No . . . I'm talking about the way the thread has devolved into two camps:

1. DB is a messianic figure that is the one, true, rational voice of all matters paranormal.

2. DB is a self-serving drama-queenesque figure seeking an ego boost from the listeners.

I always thought he was just an opinionated podcast host that loves NY, hates republicans, and is interested in UFOs. I obviously missed a memo or something. :p

DBTrek said:
schticknz said:

No . . . I'm talking about the way the thread has devolved into two camps:

1. DB is a messianic figure that is the one, true, rational voice of all matters paranormal.

2. DB is a self-serving drama-queenesque figure seeking an ego boost from the listeners.

I always thought he was just an opinionated podcast host that loves NY, hates republicans, and is interested in UFOs. I obviously missed a memo or something. :p

Phewwww ... thank god for that :D ... thought for a second I had been rumbled :p

As regards the way the thread has gone, well thats human beings for you :p ... I prefer to sit on the side-lines and watch them all tear themselves apart ... much more fun, and you get to eat popcorn and crap at the same time :D

DB is a human no more no less but he's bloody good at Photoshop :D

Personality is key to the show, so don't mess with that. I'd like to see more opinionated discussions between Gene & Dave and less lockstep agreement. Like a Siskel & Ebert of the paranormal. Sounds cheesy, but its perfect approach for reaching two audiences, the outsiders & insiders of paranormal scene.

"1. DB is a messianic figure that is the one, true, rational voice of all matters paranormal.

2. DB is a self-serving drama-queenesque figure seeking an ego boost from the listeners."

Can't it be both?

The Pair of Cats said:
Some people seem to think that the listeners are unable to decide, for themselves, if these guests are full of shit or not. The minority of morons may well do but the vast majority of C2C and Paracast listeners are more than able to delineate between crap peddlers and the fair dinkum, knowledgeable and informative guests.(Both C2C and the Paracast, indeed most paranormal shows have had their share of knob jockeys as guests).

I was thinking about the idea that most people can distinguish crap from the real deal. In the end I disagree, I think the opposite is true. Unless something is questioned, most people accept it as truth.

Look at all the crap Americans have happily swallowed from the Bush administration in the last 7 years and it becomes obvious. In part the reason they have swallowed the crap is that the news media was not doing their job. Bush implies that Iraq had something to do with 9/11 -- the media reports it, the people believe it. Bush says Saddam has WMDs -- the media reports it, the people believe it, Bush says his tax cuts benefit every equally, we believe it. The list goes on. When no one question bullshit, people accept it as fact. Why would people interested in the paranormal be any different ?

The point is that, in my mind, an interviewer's job is to not let someone get away with passing off bullshit as fact, no matter who is being interviewed, whether it is Bush or Bushman. And THAT is why I like the Paracast and David (and of course Gene). This is definitely a no bullshit zone.

BTW -- Para of Cats -- this is not specifically directed at you -- yours was the first post I came upon that addressed what I wanted to comment on.

The problem : Biedny is a bit of an asshole but he is, god bless him, 'right' about so much. I say, carry on : the rough goes with the smooth in relation to the meedja (of which you are a -flawed - part):).

In my humble opinion this show is constantly gaining credibility as a source of information for people who are seriously interested in the subject of the paranormal. By taking his guests to task, Biedny has done a lot to establish this credibility. This is something which I really hope will continue.

Just got back from a party and I am completely drunk. Therefore, looking down from my (slightly-fuzzy) high-horse I would like to make the following points :

1) Moaning motherfuckers who complain about politics being brought up on the P.C - please shut the fuck up! How can you not see the relationship between the UFO phenomenon and politics???
To anybody who has at least half a functioning brain cell you sound like the most retarded fuckwits on the planet.
YOUR tax money pays for these lying sacks of shit to rob you blind, rape your environment and sell you out. At least try to get a little back by criticising these cunts as often as possible.
If you are so mind-numbingly, skull-fuckingly dumb that you can't open your eyes to any horizon broader than your own ass, please don't inflict this cretinous whinge onto anybody who wishes to actually use their brains.
Don't even get me started on Bush supporters (history will judge you as ass-licking, brown-shirted, brain-washed, inbred nazi-sycophants).

2) DB does really bad impressions, but his George S-noory voice makes me laugh every time. (Don't agree? Get fucked, I don't care.)

3) Biedny means 'poor' in Polish. Just thought, I'd bring that up.

Vulgarities aside, I genuinely hope this show continues to broadcast. We should be happy that somebody has finally to decided to challenge the horseshit mongers who make a living by spewing filth about this subject.

Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back