• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Germany's lack of UFO documents?

Free episodes:

.... looks like I don't have to emigrate after all.

As I posted above, there is this "lone german" trying to force disclosure of my country's UFO files.

Reitemeier had sued the german government to allow him access to a 2009 study by its Scientific Service concerning "the observation of unidentified flying objects and extraterrestrial life forms". He was borne out, but the parliament succeded to avert the publication by appealing to court for "reasons of privacy and copyright".

But like a true stubborn bureaucratic german (it can be a good thing), Reitemeier went into the next instance - and won again (with the help of a small crowdfunding campaign).

I'm happy to announce that yesterday, the Federal Administrative Court ordered the german parliament to disclose said study. It's mostly a moral victory for the freedom of information in my country. But maybe the study itself proves interesting...(updates will be posted).

While the text itself probably won't be too revealing (it seems to be just an assessment, if, by whom, and to what extent UFO files have been collected in the past), this should set a precedent for future lawsuits regarding UFO files. And if the study says that there was indeed an office concerned with gathering this data, there's going to be more and more inquiries to be granted access to the files.

Well, it's still a long way, so let's sing a song.

Last edited:
So, the paper has been analyzed and it's even more underwhelming than I had expected.

The expertise on „UFOs, the search for extraterrestrial intelligences and Germany's implementation of UN-Resolution A/33/426″, carried out by the scientific service of the german Bundestag seems to be nothing than a theoretical assessment of the possibility of life in other solar systems (in the light of the discovery of more and more exoplanets) and a report on the disclosure of UFO files in other countries, leading to the conclusion that there is a high probability of similar efforts to gather UFO sightings and data in Germany and therefore german UFO files should exist.

Duh ...it's like "ooh, lookit that! The other kids did it, so I obviously done it too. Sorry, guys, I wasn't telling lies, probably just forgot about it"... :mad:

Anyway, that's where the paper ends. Obviously the scientific service of my government can't be bothered with things out of the theoretical and looking into the who, when or what.

While I do wonder why they went to court to keep this vacuous document a secret, I'm not willing to give in to conspiracy theories on that topic. In Germany, it's simply a career-stopper to have your name officially linked with UFO research, so I guess that's what prompted the appeal to avert the publication. It's not stated in the article I read, but I guess the names of the authors had to be blacked out.

Well, at least it's progress in comparison to their standard answer "UFOs don't exist and we never investigated them" :D

Last edited:
Back