• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gene Steinberg's Caveat Emptor

Thanks so much! BTW, back in the day did you meet up with any of the bigger names like Greg Hill? I find that whole scene fascinating--I'm a little sad I missed it by a few years :(

If you've had trouble accessing the online archives for Caveat Emptor, I'm told the admins behind the server updated it for better security.

So here's the current link (I think I've updated all the others in this thread):

Oh and one more thing: I find it interesting to examine the tools I had to use to publish the final editions of Caveat Emptor in 1990 and how things would fare today, so, for example, instead of running the output to a high resolution imagesetter to get camera-ready copies, I could generate the proofs on my cheap Brother black and laser printer and get near as sharp text, and a large laser printer if I want to produce 11x17 pages and assemble with saddle-stitch binding.

And I could do the page makeup in Apple's Pages (free to users of Macs, iPhones and iPads) considering how simple the layouts were (I think).

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 11.21.03 AM.png

Gene,
Interesting US Gen. Samford dropped a big clue in his speech after the 1950s Saucer flyover over Washington D.C. ' While folks eyes on 'Roswell July 7th 1947' is a key player even today-and as stated the US Navy Operations . Blue Book complete deflection process . Mr Greenewald Jr , released a keeper on his excellent website 'The Black Vault' prior to New Year. UAP TF is just a snippet and infighting in the UFO field is.nuts! Also those bat shit crazy hackers attacking Lue & Christopher who can't reveal- all as much as folk would like they both a still got clearances no matter folk's say. In the end refer to US Gen.Samford speech!

Gene,
Interesting US Gen. Samford dropped a big clue in his speech after the 1950s Saucer flyover over Washington D.C. ' While folks eyes on 'Roswell July 7th 1947' is a key player even today-and as stated the US Navy Operations . Blue Book complete deflection process . Mr Greenewald Jr , released a keeper on his excellent website 'The Black Vault' prior to New Year. UAP TF is just a snippet and infighting in the UFO field is.nuts! Also those bat shit crazy hackers attacking Lue & Christopher who can't reveal- all as much as folk would like they both a still got clearances no matter folk's say. In the end refer to US Gen.Samford speech!
Gene that was a really useful link to caveat emptor,I enjoyed that.

As much as things have become so much more costly, putting out a little magazine as we did is really quite a bit cheaper nowadays. I worked at a prepress facility where I could have my output done free via the Agfa imagesetter, quite an expensive device at the time. I bought the rest of that stuff myself. Compare what 1990 dollars would be in 2022. It would be valued around the same as a well-equipped midsized car.

A $1,000 MacBook Air and Apple's free Pages app plus a $100 laser printer would allow me to do much of the same today with a display similar in size to the color monitor I had way back then.

Obviously the material would have to be printed, and I haven't even tried to consider what that would cost nowadays.

Back