• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gene! I think we set a record!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Was that the first paracast episode (w/ Ron Regehr) without a single after-show comment?
Either that's a really GOOD sign, or, uhmm, a really bad one...

We be rockin!! (?)

lol

It is always the kooks that get the immediate after show storm of controversy. Ron was intelligent and plausible with impeccable credentials. He didn't jump off the cliffs of insanity into the abysmal waters of absurdity. So there is no real surprise that it went uncommented. I want to listen to it again and then I will probably post some thoughts.

Chris, is he available to join the forums?

I would consider it a sign of what I considered the episode to be: middle of the road. Nothing so ridiculous as to invite scorn but nothing so spectacular as to demand praise.

I'm just catching up with this episode and I found the guest generally cogent and non-crazy-seeming. Except...

You know how someone who gives credence to, say, Billy Maier or Stephen Greer, tends to undermine his general credibility, ups his gullibility quotient and generally, as you guys say, poisons the well? Well, his uncritical acceptance of the Roswell nonsense and in particular his photographic "analysis" of the memo in General Ramey's hand raises just such a flag for me. Have you seen the enlargements and analyses of that memo? The analyses I've seen on the web are exercises in pure wishful thinking and the powerful need to see patterns that just aren't there. Maybe he has access to better negatives. Maybe he's found a way to tease out more meaning from the photo. OK, show me. The stuff I've seen on this is just moonshine.

Up to that point, I gave the guy decent marks for credibility. After that, "Check, please!"

I'm just catching up with this episode and I found the guest generally cogent and non-crazy-seeming. Except...

You know how someone who gives credence to, say, Billy Maier or Stephen Greer, tends to undermine his general credibility, ups his gullibility quotient and generally, as you guys say, poisons the well? Well, his uncritical acceptance of the Roswell nonsense and in particular his photographic "analysis" of the memo in General Ramey's hand raises just such a flag for me. Have you seen the enlargements and analyses of that memo? The analyses I've seen on the web are exercises in pure wishful thinking and the powerful need to see patterns that just aren't there. Maybe he has access to better negatives. Maybe he's found a way to tease out more meaning from the photo. OK, show me. The stuff I've seen on this is just moonshine.

Up to that point, I gave the guy decent marks for credibility. After that, "Check, please!"

Yeah the entire Roswell episode is one of those things that is so mired in controversy that it is impossible to separate truth from fiction. However, if you haven't seen the analysis then you owe it to yourself to look into it. That bit of analysis was very good and in my opinion very convincing. I think it is easy to say that something happened in 1947 at very least on that ranch. As tempting as it is we can't just ignore it if we are being honest with ourselves.

It's worrying to an extend, that the 'skinwalker' ranch seems to be corporate property and has been for years. Why do I watch 'Fringe'....

I thought this was one of the best internet interviews I have heard in recent memory. First of all you have a scientist who has been in the field for decades.Second, he leaves his research because of his religious beliefs interfering with his research. Third of all he may have a book to sell but is not looking for the spotlight. Then during the interview he drops the "V" word describing how he and Dr. Vallee and not to mention Junior Hicks has been out on the town in "Goremansville" just a few weeks ago. Right, just when you thought that infamous Utah area was passe its springing back to life. Not to mention the fact that Dr. Salisbury's accounts are practically unimpeachable, that's quite a bit to digest. Yeah, I thought it was good....really good.

However, if you haven't seen the analysis then you owe it to yourself to look into it. That bit of analysis was very good and in my opinion very convincing.

OK, point me to this analysis. As I said, the analyses I've seen on the Ramey photo are not compelling. Convince me!

Back