• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gene and Chris!! Ever thought about doing a AMA on Reddit?

1. hehe, well Gene, Reddit is one of the largest forum kinda communities out there and a AMA is the possibility for people to put themselves into the spotlight for people to ask questions. On Reddit.com people like President Obama I am Barack Obama, President of the United States -- AMA : IAmA, Arnold SchwarzeneggerIAmArnold... Ask me anything. : IAmA , and alot more like Bill Gates, Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Psy, Adam Savage and God knows how many others have put themselves into the spotlight to ask and answer questions.

I'm not a big social media person but Ii'm familiar with Reddit. what would be the benefit of a ama as opposed to what we already do in the forum...which is for all intents and purposes a social media platform...and the show?

I do like the idea of a split paracast episode where Chris and Gene take turns asking each other questions submitted by us, maybe styled in a "Truth or Dare" narrative. ;)

I agree with Mulder - people can and do ask Gene and Chris anything they like right here in the forum - I'm all for anything new that is interesting or adds to people's enjoyment or knowledge but what can Reddit do that can't be done right here?

I'm all for anything new that is interesting or adds to people's enjoyment or knowledge but what can Reddit do that can't be done right here?

Well Goggs, nothing really, except for the tiny little fact that Reddit has an estimated user base of 8 Million.
There´s nothing wrong with doing a little free fun promotion and along the way maybe gaining a few new forum members and listeners to the show,..
Just saying.

Well Goggs, nothing really, except for the tiny little fact that Reddit has an estimated user base of 8 Million.
There´s nothing wrong with doing a little free fun promotion and along the way maybe gaining a few new forum members and listeners to the show,..
Just saying.

Actually, you make an excellent point that I totally missed! My bad!:oops:

Back